Version 0.7.6

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Version 0.7.6

Dear Community:

The 0.7.7 version of the game and will be available on Monday March 6, 2017 at approximately 12:00 (server time). The features and modifications of this new version are:

• Modification - will no longer be necessary to validate the email addresses to access the features of the game.
    • Modification - Each validation email address will give a reward of 1000 gold.
    • Modification - can not enter a name to register the account on the home page (you can do in the tutorial or later in the game)
    • Modification - The tutorial was adapted to increases the cost of construction accelerators.
    • Modification - The rewards for piracy will be divided by the assessment ending on April 2.
    • Error Correction - The check boxes in the combat reports converter should work again.
    • Error Correction - The link in the email inactive should now be correct.
    • Bug fixes - already you can convert capture points premium on mobile devices that use sight tablet.
    • Bug fixes - Costs for settlements in places premium should be correct but does not meet the requirements to colonize.
    • Error Correction - The description of premium ad must contain correct costs.
    • Error correction - After after shopping at the store screen gold / premium was losing its format until the next recharge.

I hope you enjoy !!!

Team Ikariam Mexico (Source)

=============================

Version 0.7.6 - New changelog (Starting 06th March 2017)
    edit: Title changed from Version 0.7.7 to Version 0.7.6 :) ~iots.
    Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English Ikariam wiki

The post was edited 2 times, last by Morphias ().

• Since when you're a teamler on .org who announces the new versions? Or you just can't miss a chance to be the first one who publish the poor Google translated text?

I don't see anything at .org news yet.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Version 0.7.6 - New changelog (Starting 06th March 2017)

bad dragon :P

It's version 0.7.6, not 0.7.7. Several modifications made and some bugfixes for the current version 0.7.6 :)

Modification: You don't need to validate email addresses anymore to access game features
    Modification: Each validation of an email address will give reward of 1000 gold
    Modification: You cannot enter a name to register an account on
    startpage anymore (you may do so in tutorial or later on in the game)
    Modification: Tutorial got adapted to increased costs of building speed ups
    Modification: Piracy rewards will be quartered for evaluation ending April 2nd 2017

Bugfix: Checkboxes in combat report converter should work again
    Bugfix: Link in inactivity email should now be correct
    Bugfix: You should now be able to convert capture points with premium on mobile devices that use tablet view
    Bugfix: Correct costs for colonisations on premium spots should now be
    displayed even though you don't meet the requirements to colonise
    Bugfix: Description of premium spot should now contain the correct costs
    Bugfix: After purchases in zshop the display of gold/premium lost it's formatting till next reload
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Rewards will be 1/4th of current prize. Or, as written, 'quartered'.

For example, 1st place gives 11 x theft security. It will be 2.75 x theft security.
    10th place gives 4 times. It will be 1 x theft security.
    25th place gives 3 times. It will be 0.75. And all the way to the 50th place, all will be 1/4th.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Seems very extreme. would of been nice to have some servers with piracy and some without. piracy just doesnt seem worth it now. mobiles would be better invested in barbarians... unless you want to take that away from us too? i dont know i feel like people are trying to tell gameforge what would help the game then we get this what i cant believe the majority will be happy with.
  • It almost seems like gameforge are just trying to figure out if they can somehow turn a profit on ikariam, and are basically on their way of giving up with the game all together. This update serves to get the larger and more active accounts to start buying more resources with ambrosia, since piracy wont get you through anymore. Could it even be, that they're saving on costs with the whole combining servers, so they wont have to run as many? I'm honestly starting to get concerned. :(
  • I might be running a fever but is there now an update AND a rule change that I actually LIKE?

Good fix on the piracy.
    The awards were too high. Unless you get a top 10 finish it's not really worth the time. Now the rewards will more closely resemble that which you can get from pillaging other players.
    Num-nums!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vergry ().

• The quartered rewards may actually allow the smaller accounts (real players, I mean to say!) to win themselves?
    The slightest rewards even at 0.875x security theft is a lot to some of them.

We get reports of smaller players who do not understand why they were raided, and how some 'bullies' appear from 'nowhere' (some do not see a mobile town appearing and disappearing from their islands!) and took their 16h run. They cannot understand why or how... We try to help them by explaining the reasons for piracy; which I admit for the most part, they are almost useless explanations. How do you want us to tell them that larger accounts send their mobile town, sneak up on them, take their precious 7414 points, or even a meagre 1131 points, and then poof! disappears from the island. And in the end, these biggies get huge rewards that fill up their warehouses.

I may be wrong, but I think this may actually give them a chance to win 'something'.

edit: or even those larger accounts who never got to win!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • i love the fact it takes piracy back to the routes. people will no longer be able to use multis (however already see ways around it). but just becuase people used multis doesnt mean they dont know how to play piracy. the small players will still get raided by the guy sneaking up on them and people will still be clueless.

i hope these changes bring life back into ikariam but at the moment i can only see downfalls
  • i hope these changes bring life back into ikariam but at the moment i can only see downfalls
    Currently they took off one of the most active part (where players spent most of the time) of the game, without giving something else. So far I really can't see how this update will bring any life back in the game, it will rather make a lot of islands inactive or in vacation mode.

Let's see the highscore after some months...
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • KermitTheFrog wrote:

the small players will still get raided by the guy sneaking up on them and people will still be clueless.

Absolutely, I won't dispute that at all!
    But, what I am saying is that, maybe it will give stop those hundreds of accounts popping up since they are not worth the effort?
    Or, the usual pirates who go round the world looking for points, sending ingame messages between members to ask for their pirate list update at 18:03, will be a lot less?
    I don't know.
    Maybe we will see a new list of names appearing on a Sunday evening at the end of a piracy session, instead of the usual ones?
    I don't know.

But, as draxo said, time will tell.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Well it seems you have just gone and done it GF..

I often wonder your reasoning behind certain decisions. If you guys are trying to bring the game back to what it was, then just do so and get rid of piracy. So long as piracy is there people adapt there gameplay to this. And now that you have gone and made these new conditions you're going to find a lot of pirates frustrated:
    1. you make the period longer to a month.
    2. Decreasing the rewards.

Sure you say how this will help smaller players place for a reward, but realistically you will lose more strong players than you will gain new ones, and as far as I can tell, piracy is your main source of income in relation to us buying ambrosia. It now seems more effort for less rewards.

In my own gameplay for instance, with relation to piracy, I only go marble colonies. Now that the resource rewards will be changing, well I just don't see how that's possible anymore. Of course this brings us back to the old days in which we will have to various resource islands colonised, but again I just see you guys changing gameplay to make yourselves more income.
    Might I suggest actually doing something for the players and not for your pockets? with the smaller rewards, you should introduce a building like the depot but serves the function of safe resource only, a vault if you will. Give it some thought.

And the rumours going around of how the barbarians will be changed up also, ye do that and I, and many others I'm sure, will be out.

Stop toying around and make your minds up. If ye have an outcome you want to make final, and introducing these updates is bringing you there, don't take it in these little steps. Either bring the game back to its original state, or don't at all.
    - AtivaSOLO -
  • Vergry wrote:

I might be running a fever but is there now an update AND a rule change that I actually LIKE?

Good fix on the piracy.
    The awards were too high. Unless you get a top 10 finish it's not really worth the time. Now the rewards will more closely resemble that which you can get from pillaging other players.

Finally we agree on something Vergry.

The pushing rule makes sense in terms of piracy. The top pirates have made 10 accounts and have a pyramid system so that the "regular" player who clicks the 7 min run 16 hours a day and pirates a few, has absolutely no chance of winning even the top 50. Of course this is unfair and way out of balance.

However, some top pirates have also made whole little alliances for the sole purpose of feeding the larger pirate-only alliance. I hope that alliance is not able to circumvent the pirate pushing rule.

Piracy, imo, has changed the game into something it absolutely was not. This rule is absolutely needed.

Thank you for enacting this rule.
  • gmmk wrote:

The pushing rule makes sense in terms of piracy. The top pirates have made 10 accounts and have a pyramid system so that the "regular" player who clicks the 7 min run 16 hours a day and pirates a few, has absolutely no chance of winning even the top 50. Of course this is unfair and way out of balance. However, some top pirates have also made whole little alliances for the sole purpose of feeding the larger pirate-only alliance. I hope that alliance is not able to circumvent the pirate pushing rule. Piracy, imo, has changed the game into something it absolutely was not. This rule is absolutely needed.

Based on the change they are making in rewards for piracy, it won't make much sense for those that took advantage in piracy to continue their pyramid system or use large amounts of ambrosia for it. Of course some pirates will continue to find ways to cheat the system, but in the end the reward won't be worth the cost in time or money. Its nice to see that GF is making an update to the game that can potentially bring it back to what originally made it the game it used to be. But I can also see a significant drop of active accounts due to this.

Alpha - The Wolverines Diplomat

Pi - The Wild Ones
  • I'm very surprised they decreased piracy rewards because as mentioned, that's a large revenue. I'm very very very surprised. But it also mentioned only one date, so I imagine the first time is just a test run.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaleg Nar ().

• Kaleg Nar wrote:

I'm very surprised they decreased piracy rewards because as mentioned, that's a large revenue. I'm very very very surprised. But it also mentioned only one date, so I imagine the first time is just a test run.

And I'll be very very very surprised to see that it will be a test run.

That date to me means that the next piracy will have the quartered rewards.
    "Piracy rewards will be quartered for evaluation ending April 2nd 2017". This current piracy run will end next Sunday (12th March), then the new one will begin with the quartered rewards and ends 3 weeks later, 2nd April.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • I think Piracy ruined the game for new players and old players. Ikariam can now finally get back to its roots where it was about raiding other villages and not klicking every 3 minutes and creating 12 multi accounts to farm points.. After the nerf i can play Ikariam again :D.

Btw, does someone know whether there will be a ares/warserver again? im waiting for over a year already...