new version of pushing rule

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• This seems good and should stop the 1-3 islands full of bots popping up netting a main 960k cp then disappearing again only for the bots to get banned 2 days later with the main getting away from it as he was using a proxy. So hopefully with the new rule now this stops and piracy goes back to its basics of sending mobiles throughout the world to raid people. That was fun and challenging, not a player getting 100k crew in a day then dominating everyone else unfairly.

Iotsak I just want to confirm if what I am doing is ok? I have a multi that is ip shared and im building up but collecting cp for my alliance mates but this multi is kinda mirroring me at the moment in terms of growth. So basically i am collecting for a main pirate and in no ways raiding said multi or getting alliance mate to raid then I raid circumventing the rules. So this is ok under these new rules?

Apollon - NOW - TMM - XXX
    Sigma - TMM
    Asklepios - TAR
    Piracy Master & Leader of TAR

Eunomia - TM & RED
  • @ dyanamo
    Based on your scenario, I see no issue, nor anything that points to push-piracy violation.
    Most players have multis, created either since the merge, or brought together by the merge. As long as they are linked, no funny hocus-pocus passing of resources, piracy points, via tradings thus violating the circumvention rule, and growing (slowly but surely, since it is not easy to play with one, let alone 2 or 10! accounts), I see no reason to worry about anything.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • So if I understand this correctly, if you have a smaller multi that you're growing, it's ok to continue feeding a larger alliance member points? Or does the larger member have to pay your smaller account some small tribute if they place in the top 50? And if so, is there a certain percentage of the winnings he has to send your smaller account to avoid ikariam jail?

Another question that comes to mind, and this might have already been answered, but if the main pirate is smaller than the feeder, this is not pushing at all, we can feed a smaller account as much as we want?

And if the pirate is smaller is it still ok for them to send some of the winnings to the larger feeder, like a trade (points for resources) or would that be considered pushing?
  • How is it cheating? The method by which most people have been playing piracy the past few years had been perfectly legal. Now the game comes along and changes the rules, so people are just trying to figure out what is and isn't legal. You know, so they don't get banned for cheating. What's wrong with that? Because you don't like it?

Some of us don't like it when pirates come along and plant mobiles to take our points, and then vanish. They have their members post pirate lists and location so they know who to target and where. I thought there was a reason you could only see the 9 names who were near you in the standings. Do you use lists from alliance members to find targets? Isn't that cheating? I bet you use mobiles too. Why are you circumventing the way piracy was meant to be played?

So if feeding teammates in piracy with multies is cheating then using mobiles and having teammates show you lists should be considered cheating too. I bet a lot of pirates would be here complaining if they changed the rules and said you were no longer allowed to use mobiles to raid people. Colonies are meant to be colonized and built up, not to gain an advantage over others in some lucrative side game. Just like accounts. Sound familiar? If you want to raid someone far away then build up your PF like it was intended. Quit circumventing the way things were intended to be used ;). Why is your way of cheating ok but not others?

Now I wait for the rule that prohibits the use of colonies for anything other than colonizing, like they were intended. I built up my 12 colonies the way the game intended. Have you?
  • Zen!
    The day it is announced to prohibit the using of a mobile to hit someone, I think I will join you guys in a strike! :P

@ Reignman
    Ok. Let's look at this in a 'humanly intelligent' way :)

Reignman wrote:

So if I understand this correctly, if you have a smaller multi that you're growing, it's ok to continue feeding a larger alliance member points? Or does the larger member have to pay your smaller account some small tribute if they place in the top 50? And if so, is there a certain percentage of the winnings he has to send your smaller account to avoid ikariam jail?

If you can help smaller accounts to grow, I should think any real ikariam supporters will be happy about that. No, there is no % we can give. It's impossible, considering the amount of being raided in the course of 3 weeks on small accounts, of which some you may never have met before.
    Let's face it, as you mentioned, it was 'perfectly legal' but you cannot deny that it was highly frowned upon!
    You create 10 multis JUST to make 7414 daily. That makes a whopping 74140 points. "LEGAL", I hear many screaming at me. Sure it is. If you are not a robot, then please reconsider the word "Legal" and replace that with "unfair advantage".

Reignman wrote:

but if the main pirate is smaller than the feeder, this is not pushing at all, we can feed a smaller account as much as we want?

Yes. he can be fed by a whole alliance or half the server! As long as I don't eventually see a cunning scheme towards the weekend before piracy evaluation day. I really don't want to hear a big account coming in to say, 'oh! but the small one was about to be raided, so I took them!!

The "good thing" about piracy is that it has no connections to unit upgrades, hephaistos miracle upping your units, a high wall to defend a town, etc... A "small" account who get fed by larger ones CAN defend himself like ANY OTHER account by converting the points. A smaller 2million TS account who has 300k converted points is EXACTLY the same as 32million TS account who has 300k converted piracy points (+/- the 10% destiny bonus).
    It may happen once by 'error' ( :whistling: ), I may just turn one eye away. But do it again, and I will start to ask questions.
    (what I said in post 20 above to unwise) There are more sordid activities than most can imagine!

Reignman wrote:

And if the pirate is smaller is it still ok for them to send some of the winnings to the larger feeder, like a trade (points for resources) or would that be considered pushing?

That's pushing :)
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • I like to take vergry's post 9 in the 0.7.6 thread which fits in nicely :)

Vergry wrote:

The awards were too high. Unless you get a top 10 finish it's not really worth the time. Now the rewards will more closely resemble that which you can get from pillaging other players.

A small account is not possible to define. I guess we can all agree on that.
    With quartered rewards, even with an average of a level40 warehouse theft security in say, 8 towns
    19300 x 8 x 2.75 = 424600 (just over 50k in each town). Not sure a smaller account would want to give some winning resources to larger feeders as a thank you :huh: unless it was part of the scheme? so.. yes, that would be considered as resource-pushing anyway.
    A huge account, with 3 x level 40 warehouse in 11 towns (1 other for mobile!)
    (100 + 3 x 19200) x 2.75 x 11 = 1745425 (158675 per town). Not quite like the current 630k winning per town :pinch: But, it's still attractive in some ways.

Cooperation is another thing. I know when accounts start to cooperate. I know some smaller members of an alliance get fed, and they grow, thanks to piracy. And I know some huge ally members get fed (no sordid affair, that is), and they grow even more. It's only a fair deal! And I have said many times already in here, I do not (and will not) run amok banning every large accounts that hit smaller accounts. That is just not the point in this.
    But, I think the quartered rewards may allow some of the regular winners to let the other players (large or small!) win 'just that one little bit'!??
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • you wanna say that 200k resourses are really good? :D are you kidding me? i can steal 200k in 2hours of raiding. people spend their almost all free time on piracy to be strongest and to win 1 place. for that? for 200k? :DDDDDD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    so that can i say, worst game developers ever.
    btw. we wont spen any ambrosia in piracy now so bye bye GAMEFORGE lamborgini
  • iotsak wrote:

Reignman wrote:

That's pushing :)

If the larger or smaller account being fed were to send luxury goods to the larger or smaller feeder account for the CPs within 48 hours, then it is not pushing, right? And, if so, how many resources need to be sent; a 1:1 ratio or something less?
    Num-nums!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vergry ().

• Reignman wrote:

How is it cheating? The method by which most people have been playing piracy the past few years had been perfectly legal. Now the game comes along and changes the rules, so people are just trying to figure out what is and isn't legal. You know, so they don't get banned for cheating. What's wrong with that? Because you don't like it?

Some of us don't like it when pirates come along and plant mobiles to take our points, and then vanish. They have their members post pirate lists and location so they know who to target and where. I thought there was a reason you could only see the 9 names who were near you in the standings. Do you use lists from alliance members to find targets? Isn't that cheating? I bet you use mobiles too. Why are you circumventing the way piracy was meant to be played?

So if feeding teammates in piracy with multies is cheating then using mobiles and having teammates show you lists should be considered cheating too. I bet a lot of pirates would be here complaining if they changed the rules and said you were no longer allowed to use mobiles to raid people. Colonies are meant to be colonized and built up, not to gain an advantage over others in some lucrative side game. Just like accounts. Sound familiar? If you want to raid someone far away then build up your PF like it was intended. Quit circumventing the way things were intended to be used ;). Why is your way of cheating ok but not others?

Now I wait for the rule that prohibits the use of colonies for anything other than colonizing, like they were intended. I built up my 12 colonies the way the game intended. Have you?

You can't really believe its perfectly fine to build a ton of multi-accounts for the sole purpose to be fed piracy points. It was illegal before the original server mergers, and should be illegal now. Someone going out with one or two mobile colonies to go raiding is completely different, you are supposed to do that when playing piracy. Having your alliance mates provide you piracy lists is also completely different. Its amazing you actually can't see the difference.

Alpha - The Wolverines Diplomat

Pi - The Wild Ones
  • Lord David wrote:

You can't really believe its perfectly fine to build a ton of multi-accounts for the sole purpose to be fed piracy points. It was illegal before the original server mergers, and should be illegal now. Someone going out with one or two mobile colonies to go raiding is completely different, you are supposed to do that when playing piracy. Having your alliance mates provide you piracy lists is also completely different. Its amazing you actually can't see the difference.

No I don't think it's ok. Not the way you describe it this time. I agree that creating multies for the sole purpose of generating pirate points is a bad thing. However that's not what everyone here has done. I have legit multies that I grow. They're not my main account just accounts that came from other worlds due to server merging. I'm not deleting accounts I spent all that time on. I use those to feed teammates and I have teammates who do the same for me with their legit multies. Sometimes we send each other resources from our mains to our multies if it's needed. Your initial post made it sound like we were all trying to figure out ways to game the system and I was just trying to explain how some of us are just trying to figure out what is/isn't legal for our legit multies. I don't want any of my or my teammates accounts to get banned.

And nowhere does it say you're supposed to use mobiles to go out raiding. I'm sure the game designers didn't have that in mind when they introduced piracy. That became an unintended consequence. PF level is supposed to determine how far you could reach. The players call them mobiles, not the game. The game calls them colonies, as in to colonize, not to mobilize lol. You can't tell me you don't see how mobiles give an unfair advantage to those who have them. Some of us had 12 fully developed towns long before piracy came along, and I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect people to abandon fully developed colonies just so they can compete in a side game to collect resources which should be used to build up colonies. It's counter intuitive. Therefore I consider it an unfair advantage for colonies to be used as mobiles.

As a solution, I would suggest the game introduce a new feature for piracy called the mobile PF. Researchable. Allow people to acquire a few of them via upgrading pirate forts. This would make it fair for everyone and then people could actually plant their real colonies somewhere and build them up as intended. They need to spend all those pirate winnings on something don't they? Mobiles are a waste of point potential.

We have a guy on our world who has 7 mobiles and only 3 legit colonies. What's the point of that? He's not winning very many resources, he's not growing. Sounds like the same problem as multies to me. People used to only use 1 colony as a mobile, now they're using 3, 4, and now 7 to gain that extra advantage, and just to be the best. Same problem as multies. We need mobile PF's and a limit on them so piracy is fair for everyone.
  • We have a guy on our world who has 7 mobiles and only 3 legit colonies. What's the point of that? He's not winning very many resources, he's not growing. Sounds like the same problem as multies to me. People used to only use 1 colony as a mobile, now they're using 3, 4, and now 7 to gain that extra advantage, and just to be the best. Same problem as multies. We need mobile PF's and a limit on them so piracy is fair for everyone.
    What is unfair? Everyone can demolish his towns and convert them into mobiles. It's called "strategy"...
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Reignman wrote:

We have a guy on our world who has 7 mobiles and only 3 legit colonies. What's the point of that? He's not winning very many resources, he's not growing. Sounds like the same problem as multies to me. People used to only use 1 colony as a mobile, now they're using 3, 4, and now 7 to gain that extra advantage, and just to be the best. Same problem as multies. We need mobile PF's and a limit on them so piracy is fair for everyone.

I actually like the idea, very much so. :)
    Piracy was introduced as a side game long after a lot of people already had 12 towns completely built, those who started playing in 2008 and 2009, and from the start they were at a loss.... although... I do know one player who demolished 4 fully built towns to get 4 mobiles for raiding, but that's a different story, lol ;)
    Some people like the original game, some like piracy more, some like both. Mobile PFs ('mobiles' where only a PF can be built, nothing else, and the number of them definitely has to be limited) sound like a win-win solution - it would make the game more interesting, at least that's my opinion.

A multi having 7 mobiles? Now that's an account set up solely for the purpose of raiding/piracy. It has nothing to do with ikariam as a game, the original game. Should such accounts be banned? Theoretically, all's legit... and it's common knowledge that all the possible rules have been broken in such cases, so....

@ Draxo.... I don't see anything strategic in sacrificing one side of the game to play the other. It's like being offered a cheese sandwich but you need to decide whether you want bread more or cheese more as you can't have both. In other words.... don't offer me such a 'sandwich'!!!!

• Strategy means - you need to give away something in order to get something else. You can't build all possible buildings in the town, you need to sacrifice some. You need to sacrifice your resources and building score in order to be the best fighter and gain offensive score. And so on.

Don't forget that some players may have different goals in the game - building, fighting, research. But some may want to be the best pirate and raid anyone in the server. Why not? At least it improves some kind of competition in some servers. More such raiders and some piracy farms would be in trouble.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • oh, boy....
    In the original game, building and research are both needed if one wants to fight well (and ikariam was originally a war game as far as i remember), in other words they are interconnected and not separate parts of the game. That's where one has to have a strategy - what to build in which town, on what islands to set up colonies, what miracles to use and how many of them, etc... And yes, when fighting 24/7, it is sometimes difficult to build and research... on the other hand, fighting/pillaging will bring you resources so you can build and research much faster. It just depends on how good a builder, researcher and, above all, fighter you are.

Piracy - building, research and fighting are NOT needed if one ONLY wants to raid and be the best pirate... unless you count researching piracy a great achievement, and building low level warehouses, a palace, a trade port and a pirate fortress an amazing building accomplishment.

And.... from your post, Draxo, I got a feeling that you approve of accounts consisting of 3 towns and 7 mobiles.... such accounts are built on circumventing the rules, and have nothing to do with the game, so more of such accounts can only ruin the game entirely.

As for competition in piracy - I think it's safe to say that with high prices of piracy related features and rewards now quartered, it kinda died :whistling:

I do love your comments, Draxo :love:

• and ikariam was originally a war game as far as i remember
    I'm afraid it never was - despite some people always have tried to state it. :)
    I got a feeling that you approve of accounts consisting of 3 towns and 7 mobiles.... such accounts are built on circumventing the rules, and have nothing to do with the game, so more of such accounts can only ruin the game entirely.
    I'm really curious - circumventing in what way? Yes, I fully support such accounts because time ago I personally did it in another server (where I didn't have any account till that) just in order to raid the players who always used to be in the first places of pirate highscore. I just wanted to destroy their farm system and improve the competition in the server. And my plan succeeded - finally they lost their positions at least for some rounds and some other players managed to get higher places.

From your comments I understand that all players should develop their accounts only in one way. ;)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Nice to know who's on GF staff, Draxo :)

As for developing accounts in the same way? No, I'm not for it, not at all. What's the point in having all accounts exactly the same?.... Besides, all the updates and changes over the years have made it impossible.

• I want to make sure I'm reading this right.

If a lower scored player (example, a 4 million ts account) is feeding CPs to a bigger account regularly, this shouldn't be a problem as long as it's not a mass-produced feeder multi. It's just someone playing the game.

As for the pyramid schemes of alliances, as long as it's actual players (read: long time accounts with 1 million + ts) cooperating to boost a "super pirate" this is still ok as long as the points aren't being generated by a bunch of mass-produced multis and then fed up the chain.

Personally I like the idea that pillaging might become more profitable than piracy. Then again more of war monger than a pirate. :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by JuneBarcarolle ().