new version of pushing rule

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• a question .... about the servers around the world

This new regulation concerns now the test server, when it will be applied to the rest of the world's servers?

thank you in advance for your reply

The post was edited 1 time, last by _LUKY_ ().

• Draxo wrote:

We have a guy on our world who has 7 mobiles and only 3 legit colonies. What's the point of that? He's not winning very many resources, he's not growing. Sounds like the same problem as multies to me. People used to only use 1 colony as a mobile, now they're using 3, 4, and now 7 to gain that extra advantage, and just to be the best. Same problem as multies. We need mobile PF's and a limit on them so piracy is fair for everyone.
    What is unfair? Everyone can demolish his towns and convert them into mobiles. It's called "strategy"...

Having 11 multies is also a "strategy" ;). But for some reason the game designers decided that's not a fair strategy even though everyone could have 11 multies. Not everyone can have mobiles without demolishing the legit colonies they spent years building and playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Why is one strategy more fair than the other? Having 11 multies solely to produce pirate points is not the intended way to play this game, nor is having 7 mobiles. The point of piracy is to win large sums of resources. Resources that are used to grow your account. What's the point of winning in piracy if you're not going to use the winnings to grow your account the way the game was intended? People who have a ton of mobiles are just people who want to spoil the game for others.

landian wrote:

We need mobile PF's and a limit on them so piracy is fair for everyone.

I actually like the idea, very much so. :)
    Piracy was introduced as a side game long after a lot of people already had 12 towns completely built, those who started playing in 2008 and 2009, and from the start they were at a loss

Thank you :). Just trying to think of ways to make things fair for everyone without unreasonably expecting them to demolish fully built towns. I thought the intent of this game was to grow towns not demolish them.

landian wrote:

Piracy - building, research and fighting are NOT needed if one ONLY wants to raid and be the best pirate... unless you count researching piracy a great achievement, and building low level warehouses, a palace, a trade port and a pirate fortress an amazing building accomplishment.

This right here. I want to know how it's a strategy just to be the best pirate on the server? What does someone gain from being the best at piracy when they have no legit towns or warehouses? I can't imagine that was the intent of this side game. I mean if a side feature becomes the main game, then I think the game is broken.

Introduce mobile PF's and you'll have your competition. Everyone can compete then. Everyone will spend ambro converting points. And everyone will have something to spend all those resources on when they win, growing all the legit colonies they will no longer have to waste as mobiles. Islands will fill up and the economy will be booming. I don't see a down side to this idea.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Reignman ().

• I want to take a minute and say thank you to iotsak and Draxo for time and will invested into this topic.
    As far as I can see - this new thing can't make anything worse, only better.
    I really hope that from now on Admins will be able to ban accounts using their own common sense not guideline books. Because it's obvious that no punishment can be done using guidelines if no actual rules are being breached. I really hope that this is the moment when those who can punish will adjust for those who are cheating. Because in current situation anyone is able to bypass the rules and it's impossible to punish them because officially no rules are being breached. Everyone who is experienced enough knows that. There are multiple ways how to keep as many accounts as you want using only 1 computer.
  • Reignman wrote:

Resources that are used to grow your account. What's the point of winning in piracy if you're not going to use the winnings to grow your account the way the game was intended? People who have a ton of mobiles are just people who want to spoil the game for others.
    What you want to say???
    Each player is allowed to play as he wants...
  • Dear God thanks for this gift that someone had finally started to use his brain.

Fookin whiners about significantly reduced rewards and this antipyramide law.
    Now you have to finally prove some skills and balls.
  • Piracy bots are 'piracy' bots. So, it will not fit into either yes, or no. :)
    Transfers of gold and troops via the trading posts are not considered as violations, irrespective of the amount transferred. We will instead look from another point of view: the multi or circumvention violations.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Wow; this new rule is certainly going to keep GOs extremely busy. I for one shall now wait until it becomes more clear exactly what this means; I suspect this will be another nail on the coffin of the game. Piracy was not a great invention in the first place and has completely destroyed the game as a war game. I suspect those now using piracy in a big way will switch their attentions to pillaging smaller players- fail to see how this is going to assist such accounts in growing significantly. In this way the game may become more fun again but I bet they'll be plenty of small account holding players wishing the rule hadnt changed when the 100k GS head their way; and there's absolutely no rule being broken in doing so!
  • Admins here are responsible for here only.
    Admins there are responsible for there only.
    So, it is at the discretions of Game team in another Ikariam Community to apply or adapt to this rule. We do not speak for them.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • so wait? this pushing rule is just for UK NOT WHOLE WORLD?
    The basic Pushing rule is global and applies for all communities. However the interpretation of it depends on each community's administration (of course - reasonably and not starting to ban anyone just because he raids some smaller random player or not banning anyone for continuous pushing).
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • jonnybenitez wrote:

There seems to be little clarity at all in this one!

What is unclear?
    What is so destructive about this?

Concerning this re-adapted pushing rule... yes, it's in the UK servers. But has been tried and worked out well in some other (non-English) communities elsewhere.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Iots : In response.

I would say that having read the rule several times I was still a little unsure if my regular raids on smaller accounts in my region would now be inappropriate or viewed as breaking a rule. All these accounts would be growing (because they are being played by independent players) and are not multis created to provide advantage BUT they are all smaller in size. The part of the rule thatis unclear is this :

"It is not allowed to gain an advantage at the expense of weaker players. A player is considered weaker if his total highscore is lower than that of the accused."

- This will also refer to piracy where there is a gain of unfair advantage when piracy points are raided by higher score accounts, (as of piracy session 13th March) in EN servers.

In general, the raiding of lower score accounts by higher score accounts is not prohibited. (surely this is a contradiction to the statement above!) and hence the lack of clarity!
  • jonnybenitez wrote:

All these accounts would be growing (because they are being played by independent players) and are not multis created to provide advantage BUT they are all smaller in size.

Then where is the problem?

I will resume the situation since this announcement was made.

In the older servers (in other words, not the new ones):
    - you will be contacted (if not already) by a game staff if this pushing is violated.
    - if you have not yet received any ingame message or a ticket from a game staff, then continue with your current game play. Many have not been contacted yet as we are still allowing players to adjust to this.
    - if you have received a ticket from one of us, then we will discuss about your situation.
    - This sort of communication will be issued at least once, before we even consider banning.
    - Before anyone comes to me to say that you got banned and you were not warned since this announcement was made, then your case has NOTHING to do with this!
    - Similarly for those who abuse this in an EXTREME way will not even get a warning. You want to know what my definition of “EXTREME" is? Well, sorry, you won’t get it. And I have no need to go into details about this. Those who are in the newer servers will know exactly what I mean!

Contradiction, you say…
    I don’t call it contradiction. I call it leniency, using common sense, and using a little bit of that grey matter left in us.

If this was not the case, then you won't even be posting here to ask why you are not banned yet, or contacted by a game staff.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • iotsak wrote:

Contradiction, you say…
    I don’t call it contradiction. I call it leniency, using common sense, and using a little bit of that grey matter left in us.

If this was not the case, then you won't even be posting here to ask why you are not banned yet, or contacted by a game staff.
    I love this member. He is reading my mind.:D