new version of pushing rule

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Please, let me drop just a little contribute.

    If you want a rule telling "you can attack a smaller player X times per day" or "you can attack no more than X smaller accounts per day" or "you can gather a limit of X resources from smaller accounts", in order to define exactly what "gain advantage" means, then I'm sorry, but you will not have it.

    If you think that current rule can be "subjective" and can leave the definition of "unfair advantage" to the Game Operators, then probably you are not wrong, but not totally right too... Anyway, we (and you) know what can be considered a "smart way" to gain advantage, and if you want a "exact" rule to find a way to continue to do it, maybe a little less than before, searching for a acceptable limit in order to continue to operate in the same way, then we will not offer such support. Simply, we ask you to stop playing in this way, because it is against the spirit of the game. Continue to do it, and we will stop you.

    Finally, just FYI, we are a community with "mature" and "experienced" Staff, and nobody among us want to stop your gaming just for fun. We consider ourself lucky, because we all share a common idea of "fair" and "unfair", and we all prefer to support players, instead to ban, so be sure that we will never ban you because you attack randomly smaller players. E.g. sometimes, when we notice something borderline, we poke the player: lot of you know that, in such cases, we often send a IGM to involved users to warn them, but this does not mean that you can do what you want until we warn you. We stop players also without (or after a) warn.

    So, finally, play fairly, and you will have lot of fun :)

    Cheers

    ContactMe | GameRules |GameSupport
    thx to PhoEniX Rising for the sig
  • Yes hey we all are here to have fun right :))
    You tell me to have more faith into something that gives opportunities such huge opportunities .... ofc i shall support you :)
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
  • Game is cool i love the game that is why i actually try to understand sometimes ... Spirit of the game , we love it , its cool and awesome why wouldn't we love it ...
    But as you know there is one single thing i ask for .. :)
    --- you shall have rules , which are not subjective and nobody shall fear that the rule may be treated the way anyone likes it ...
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Anastasia ().

  • The Game Rules has been made and implemented for years equally for every player.

    This thread is intended to give more explanations to the "new rules" about pushing on piracy. You need to read more thread on this board or at least read carefully from the beginning of this thread for not circle around your own questions & end up with your own miunderstanding. Of course you also need to play more in-game to understand it better.

    No need to worry too much if you are not cheating, as simple as that :)
  • I agree about one point - the following text can sound really confusing and make players to think it's not allowed to even pillage or raid any smaller player:
    It is not allowed to gain an advantage at the expense of weaker players. A player is considered weaker if his total highscore is lower than that of the accused.
    And that's why we have this thread for all questions and explanations.

    If you raid or pillage a smaller account daily a zillion times but that account isn't related to you in any way (e.g. - not played by your cat or cactus) - you have nothing to worry about. The problems will start if it's your hidden multi account you use for gaining a benefit for your biggest account. I think it's quite plain and simple - don't try to cheat and sleep well.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Anastasia wrote:

    --- you shall have rules , which are not subjective

    As far as I can see from other threads you have a new account, you just started to play and you want to grow the account, build, fight, join an alliance and fight together against an enemy, defend each other, make new friends across the world, discuss with these new friends, play the game actively, make yourself known in the game as a person like you do on the boards.
    Then, let me put it this way for you: you just made an account and a big player is attacking you daily to take your resources and you cannot upgrade any building. This applies to piracy too and whatever situation you can find that prevents you from developing normally.
    Can you continue to play like this? More important, WILL you continue to play the game like this?
    I think not. It spoils all the pleasure of the game you say you like. You will try to find solutions to it.

    And here comes the big question: why would any small account continue to login daily and gather resources for others to pillage them?
    You are the owner of the small account. Can you tell me one reason to continue like this?
    I do not think you can give me one single good reason, except letting yourself being pillaged on purpose without doing anything to prevent it. What is this purpose? I let you imagine it.
    And here is where the pushing rule intervenes: to stop these small accounts to feed one big account to grow unfairly.
    The rule is not subjective, it is a simple rule that says: "do not cheat" in more nicer words.
    Two game staff members replied before me, both using same nice words, but I dared to tell the uncovered words. Please do not feel offended, I do not know your situation in game, this is not directed to you personally, it is just the rule explained in three words.
  • Thank you for all of your answers , and yes this forum is for game discussions , so when i have something i do not understand i prefer to ask for it and try to understand it. No i do not get offended by people who take the time to think over it and explain when they can. :)
    I shall repeat , i did not ask for it because of so called "cheating" way of play. I asked because when i read the rule it is not specified at all..so as you can imagine there is a need of questions to be stated in order to understand it in a more appropriate way.
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Anastasia ().

  • Sunrise wrote:

    Anastasia wrote:

    --- you shall have rules , which are not subjective


    And here comes the big question: why would any small account continue to login daily and gather resources for others to pillage them?
    You are the owner of the small account. Can you tell me one reason to continue like this?
    I do not think you can give me one single good reason, except letting yourself being pillaged on purpose without doing anything to prevent it. What is this purpose? I let you imagine it.
    And here is where the pushing rule intervenes: to stop these small accounts to feed one big account to grow unfairly.
    The rule is not subjective, it is a simple rule that says: "do not cheat" in more nicer words.
    I do not agree with you on this one , because the rule is not made to be saying "do not cheat". The rule is made to help all players on ikariam , but i doubt it was made in order to say to people you are cheaters so we will treat you the way we like in order to stop you form cheating.
    When i asked for the rule it had nothing to do with "cheaters" , "cheating people" , "people trying to avoid the rules" , etc , etc ,,,
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
  • Hey , i am not specialist of it , coz i still try to understand the rule too , but till now all i know is you can attack everyone as long as you don't use those attacks for constant personal gain and profit :)
    --- if you actually attack this account every single day in order to get your blessing points(favour) higher , hmm thats very interesting , will it be considered personal gain and profit .. i have no idea , good question :)
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Anastasia ().

  • Ratna wrote:

    pharaoh wrote:

    good afternoon

    Just wanted to make sure can I raid someone on vacation mode collecting Zero capture point so I can get the 50 point in the cinetheather or is it ilegal and I might get banned for it

    Thanks
    Yes you can and it is allowed :)
    Can we do it nonstop , as long as they are in vacantion ?
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
  • kris1314 wrote:

    you should add those rules to bulgarian servers and maybe change the admins they are so dumb
    This pushing variation is specific to the UK servers right now. If you want the Bulgarian servers to have them, I'd recommend brining it up on those forums and perhaps referencing this thread.


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you