Rules clarifications (in-game)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Rules clarifications (in-game)

    Hello, I'd like to get an official clarification of the following - I have no intentions to break these rules in-game nor am I trying to dodge them.

    Fact is that I'm working with my alliance to create an environment of teamwork and a good spirit of solitude.

    Here are the questions:

    Display Spoiler

    1. Can alliance members with less TS, send resources to other alliance members with higher TS? They will fund other players in times of war, there is no direct return, but as alliance each member will have his role.
    2. Can alliance members knowingly and regularly purchase resources at 15g/each from other alliance members?
    3. Can alliance members with less TS, send resources to the leader in order to fund Embassy upgrades? I know leaders get extra resources per member, but can they send resources and get no tangible return?


    My final question is, in-case the ones above are all "No", why can alliance members not use their full teamwork potential? While some players farm and stock gold, others will focus on military and pillages.
    In times of war, pillages will not be conducted and armies will be destroyed - The ones who were farming will now fund the ones at the front-line.

    Thank you for reading and hope I get an official reply with clarifications :)
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • Ok, i'm hardly an 'official' source. But I'm confident i can answer all three questions. :)

    1. No - Pushing rule.
    2. Yes.
    3. If the Leader is larger than the player sending resources, the answer is no (pushing rule). If the leader is smaller than the one sending resources, then yes.
  • There are several ways to help out in an alliance without breaking the rules for pushing.
    You can use the tradepost to sell resources cheap instead of sending it directly, or buy high to help with gold. That will not envoke the pushing-rule, and can be huge help to alliance. You can build units and ships, and sell to your alliance, by using the black-market. That is also a possibility to help :) Teamwork is a good thing, just make sure that you don't set up teamwork that will break the game rules.
  • I am not entitled to reply to your questions, but here is what I see: you are presenting a scenario in which many small accounts, all in the same alliance, are pushing regularly one single account with resources and gold. This is not teamwork, this is not helping new small accounts to join and play the game, this is not giving each of the members the right and opportunity of it's own development with occasionally help from alliance members, the chance for each of them to reach the top. Of course this can lead any of us to the thought that those ally accounts are dummies, fake accounts.
    For 9 years Ikariam managed to have leaders that knew how to manage an account and developed embassies without being pushed and/or fight without being pushed and without having multi-accounts (declared or undeclared). Maybe they didn't have the biggest score, but they were famous and they knew how to create a team environment. Of course they received help, but it was help according to game rules, not pushing. And no, this is not an 1st April joke.
  • Sunrise wrote:

    I am not entitled to reply to your questions, but here is what I see: you are presenting a scenario in which many small accounts, all in the same alliance, are pushing regularly one single account with resources and gold. This is not teamwork, this is not helping new small accounts to join and play the game, this is not giving each of the members the right and opportunity of it's own development with occasionally help from alliance members, the chance for each of them to reach the top. Of course this can lead any of us to the thought that those ally accounts are dummies, fake accounts.
    For 9 years Ikariam managed to have leaders that knew how to manage an account and developed embassies without being pushed and/or fight without being pushed and without having multi-accounts (declared or undeclared). Maybe they didn't have the biggest score, but they were famous and they knew how to create a team environment. Of course they received help, but it was help according to game rules, not pushing. And no, this is not an 1st April joke.
    You're wrong on so many points. I played Ikariam since 2009, took some breaks and some breaks were for a year or two - But I know how the game was. I used to be Home Sec. in most of the alliances I joined back then and we had a great strategy of splitting players depending on how they like to play. Some enjoy farming resources and stocking gold, others are warmongers. So this strategy was widely used back then.

    Now I'm not here to argue about what you said, but I also disagree on your point that many lower TS will boost 1 guy. This is so wrong, because raiders could be a team of 10 and treasurers will always be less, let's say 5. All the 10 people will receive help from numerous treasurers. It's not 20 players with 50k TS boosting a player with 500k - We're talking about 12k funding 15k each of them played the game differently and is able to support his colleague differently: One with army, the other with resources/gold.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • new question (sorry):

    I'm currently trading Wood for Marble in the alliance, if someone sent me 10k marble and i sent 10k wood the next day is that pushing or something? To be clear, don't we get an in-game warning before ka-boom ban?
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • Deadly wrote:

    new question (sorry):

    I'm currently trading Wood for Marble in the alliance, if someone sent me 10k marble and i sent 10k wood the next day is that pushing or something? To be clear, don't we get an in-game warning before ka-boom ban?
    The large player will always have 48 hour to complete the trade. So the scenario you are describing will not be pushing.
  • Thank you for replying Mea.

    Another scenario:

    - Player 1 is a treasurer with 16k TS and is sending 2.000 Sulfur on a daily basis to his ally Player 2 with 14k TS and 2k GS in order to fund his army. (2000 sulfur for free)

    Is that legal?

    I am sorry for asking a lot, I just want to make sure I'm playing in a legal way without breaking rules.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • Deadly wrote:


    - Player 1 is a treasurer with 16k TS and is sending 2.000 Sulfur on a daily basis to his ally Player 2 with 14k TS and 2k GS in order to fund his army. (2000 sulfur for free)

    Is that legal?
    The rule of thumb, high score TS is not allowed to receive free goods from lower score TS. To answer your question above, yes it is allowed & legal. TS is only 2K difference, make sure to check it daily before sending goods :)
  • Thank you for replying. This should be my final 2 questions:

    Question 1:
    Are alliance members with lower TS able to constantly raid alliance members with higher TS? (Pirate raid)

    I mean, to clarify things, is it legal that a 10k TS player raids a 15k TS player in the same alliance everyday? While the 15k TS player stocks points everyday?

    Question 2:
    Is this called a legal trade or loop in the rule (legal)? A player with 10k TS sends 5k marble to a player with 20k TS. The stronger player then sends 100 wine to the weaker player to dodge the pushing rule which only says "For no return" - Since 100 wine is something, pushing rule should be avoided here. Right?

    Question 3:
    Can't a random player or one from a "rival" alliance send resources for free and on purpose to one of the other alliance's strong members to cause him a ban? If he's just a multi or doesn't mind getting banned, how would you guys differ this case from the usual abuse of the pushing rule?

    I am being honest to prevent anything bad from happening to my members, I'm forwarding all replies to our forums so we could play safely.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]

    The post was edited 3 times, last by Deadly ().

  • Deadly wrote:

    Thank you for replying. This should be my final 2 questions:

    Question 1:
    Are alliance members with lower TS able to constantly raid alliance members with higher TS? (Pirate raid)

    I mean, to clarify things, is it legal that a 10k TS player raids a 15k TS player in the same alliance everyday? While the 15k TS player stocks points everyday?

    You can refer to this following thread for more details about new piracy rules Q & A of New Piracy Rules


    Question 2:
    Is this called a legal trade or loop in the rule (legal)? A player with 10k TS sends 5k marble to a player with 20k TS. The stronger player then sends 100 wine to the weaker player to dodge the pushing rule which only says "For no return" - Since 100 wine is something, pushing rule should be avoided here. Right?

    Remember the rule of thumb, higher score TS is not allowed to receive free goods from smaller score TS player. Barter trade is fine, please note that higher score TS should not receive more goods from lower score TS when doing it.


    Question 3:
    Can't a random player or one from a "rival" alliance send resources for free and on purpose to one of the other alliance's strong members to cause him a ban? If he's just a multi or doesn't mind getting banned, how would you guys differ this case from the usual abuse of the pushing rule?

    When your enemy with lower TS try to get you Pushing Ban by sending you goods prior agreement, you can report it to Game Staff.


    I am being honest to prevent anything bad from happening to my members, I'm forwarding all replies to our forums so we could play safely.
    Please see some explanations above in colour.
  • Ratna wrote:

    "Barter trade is fine, please note that higher score TS should not receive more goods from lower score TS when doing it. "



    Which means that the amount received should be sent in a 1:1 ration only?

    Lower score TS player sends 1.000 wood to higher score TS player.
    Higher score TS player must send 1.000 of any other resource and is obliged to trade in 1:1 ratio.

    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • It should be at least 1:1 Lower score TS may receive more than higher score TS. We will see case by case for Pushing, you will be reminded via in-game message when there is something need to be balanced for trade. Barter Trade must be done within 48 hours. When there is something happen that make you can not make it within 48 hours, inform Game Staff accordingly.
  • Larger players will always (unless sharing IP etc) be able to send resources to lower ranked players. If players are very close in TS, watch out, and maybe trade.

    The resource can be anything, you can send a larger player (who has agreed to trade) 100K sulphur and get 100K in return in a mixture of wine, crystal, wood and marble in return. Or the other way around.
  • Well received. Thank you.

    There is no way or minimal/maximal trade ratio? For example Wine and Crystal.. No way they should be 1:1.

    Would 1:0.8 in this case be legal - Let's generalize this question, would logical trade be legal? Max ration be 0.2 less or more.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • There are already 2 staff members telling you that the trade must be 1:1 and that the higher player cannot receive resources from a lower player without sending the same amount back in 48 hours.

    The higher player can send unlimited resources to a lower player.
    Type of resources does not count, position of an alliance leader does not count, war time does not count, etc. Only the total score counts, which you have to watch closely when total scores are close.

    This is a very old, general, legal, simple and logic rule and has no alternative interpretation.

    Simply the statement that "the higher player cannot receive resources from a lower player without sending the same amount back in 48 hours" is enough to lead you to conclusion that ratio is 1:1. No need for anything else.
  • I'm asking for assistance and clearing things out. If you're angry don't reply, nor read from the start.

    I'm going through details because I used to play years ago and there were no rules like that, and I don't want to be misunderstood. Because if there's something allowed, I'll use it in-game which would help.

    These forums are made for that purpose. If your nerves cannot hold any longer just don't show up in this section..
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • Deadly wrote:

    If you're angry don't reply
    Don't understand me wrongly, I am not angry, but everyone is telling you the same thing 3-4 times and in the end you say 1:0.8 must be legal against everything they said. So, in one post I enumerated all reasons they said in multiple posts so you can have a better and centralized idea.


    Deadly wrote:

    I used to play years ago and there were no rules like that
    Here is your mistake. The pushing rule exist since 2008. It's not wrong to say you do not remember, but we all remember this ancient rule.