Rules clarifications (in-game)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sunrise wrote:

Here is your mistake. The pushing rule exist since 2008. It's not wrong to say you do not remember, but we all remember this ancient rule.
    For real? My bad then, I honestly don't remember.

You did spread a bad vibe tho for someone asking questions in the right section - If I knew about the stuff I'm asking about, I wouldn't have posted the questions sir.

I'm sorry I repeatedly asked similar questions, just don't consider people know the stuff you do, otherwise this section would be useless.

Thank you for the replies everyone and have a good day :)
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • Deadly wrote:

Sunrise wrote:

Here is your mistake. The pushing rule exist since 2008. It's not wrong to say you do not remember, but we all remember this ancient rule.
    For real? My bad then, I honestly don't remember.
    -------
    NO it is not your bad at all , coz everyone can tell you " pushing rule" , that we have now is NEW one and has nothing to do with the old pushing rules we had :)
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
  • NEW question , you say you wanna stop the "multies" , but you do not wanna stop people from having 2-3 accounts on one and the same server , coz due to merging you have to delete the account or make it possible that 2-3 accounts of one and same person exists on one and same server. So you treat shared accounts as if they are one and same person ? Yes/No ?
    (If it is no then why and how people explain , we live for example 5 people and use one and same IP , so you explained to them how awesome is the game bla bla and they decided to join , but then as usual you might have fights with those people , who are not you :) , your rules as a whole get messy at this point ... prob it means do not play the game idk .. i would like to think game has rules in fact ,,,?)
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

The post was edited 3 times, last by Anastasia ().

• I will share something a friend of mine was banned for using script for pirate points 1 month ... when me and him we didn't sleep for like 2 days in order to click and do it the way we do it ( i was a bit lazy so i never clicked on the second but i knew he will do it hehe )... then he got banned for 1 month for using script .. i asked him personally , he said no i never used it , and also i would agree if you do not sleep for 2 days then you definitely did not use script ...
    How do you even calculate that because to me it seems very stupid way of calculating it ...
    --- me and him we did lots of points ... for 2 days clicking this way ... so i can imagine people will hate us ofc .... but telling we use scripts was stupid head down point at those unclear rules i always talk about :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Anastasia ().

• Anastasia wrote:

I will share something a friend of mine was banned for using script for pirate points 1 month ... when me and him we didn't sleep for like 2 days in order to click and do it the way we do it ( i was a bit lazy so i never clicked on the second but i knew he will do it hehe )... then he got banned for 1 month for using script .. i asked him personally , he said no i never used it , and also i would agree if you do not sleep for 2 days then you definitely did not use script ...
    How do you even calculate that because to me it seems very stupid way of calculating it ...
    --- me and him we did lots of points ... for 2 days clicking this way ... so i can imagine people will hate us ofc .... but telling we use scripts was stupid head down point at those unclear rules i always talk about :)
    You expect anyone to believe that anyone with a life of some degree would sit at their pc and click a button for 2 days on the dot everytime ... smells fishy :P
    Raid everyone! ..... Or no-one *Gulp
  • Anastasia wrote:

NEW question , you say you wanna stop the "multies" , but you do not wanna stop people from having 2-3 accounts on one and the same server , coz due to merging you have to delete the account or make it possible that 2-3 accounts of one and same person exists on one and same server. So you treat shared accounts as if they are one and same person ? Yes/No ?
    (If it is no then why and how people explain , we live for example 5 people and use one and same IP , so you explained to them how awesome is the game bla bla and they decided to join , but then as usual you might have fights with those people , who are not you :) , your rules as a whole get messy at this point ... prob it means do not play the game idk .. i would like to think game has rules in fact ,,,?)
    I've been through that a lot and I questioned numerous Game Operators and Game Admins.

@Antikythera helped me go through A LOT of scenarios. To resume everything, please read below with caution:

- You live in the same house? You cannot use the same IP (Computer or Mobile) and you cannot use the same Wifi or Hotspot (Network IP).

- Same IP and same Network IP will be treated in the same way as a violation of IP-Sharing.

- The moment fleets, troops, resources or ANYTHING related to an in-game action between these two accounts occurs, both will be punished for violating the IP-Share.

- Circumventing the same IP rule by using third party applications, websites or programs is also a violation. Just like the pushing rule, you are forbidden to try and dodge the rule.

- Brothers? Still, not allowed on the same Network IP.

- Could you use Mobile Data internet? Yes. But the very tiny moment, the very split-second that you connect to your wifi by mistake and your brother/friend is connected to that same wifi, you guys will be doomed.

- You are NOT allowed to sign an IP-Share today, remove it tomorrow, and later that day sign it again. IP-Share should be permanent unless you clearly inform the reason you removed/added it again to the GOs. Don't do anything without informing them, stay on the safe side.

I know some of the rules are generalized and disallow friends to play freely together, but these same rules keep the game clean of abusers. I believe some Admins who've been here for more than 10 years know very well how to put rules. As players, we are bound to respect them or stop playing.

If you have any other questions let me know here. I milked all the scenarios and I'm ready to help lol.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • viveleroi wrote:

You expect anyone to believe that anyone with a life of some degree would sit at their pc and click a button for 2 days on the dot everytime ... smells fishy
    :thumbup:

Anastasia wrote:

you say you wanna stop the "multies"
    Not multies, but multi abuse and cheating.
    Multies are limited to 11 accounts on same IP, but cheating and abusing is completely forbidden. no matter what scenario you want to apply

Anastasia wrote:

So you treat shared accounts as if they are one and same person ? Yes/No ?
    Same IP means exactly what it says: same IP
    It can be one person with 11 accounts, or 11 persons with 1 account each, or 5 persons with 2 accounts each, or whatever combination you want.

Ikariam is an individual game, not a group/family game (T&C 2.2), therefore game rules were created to prevent abuse and cheating and to create a nice gaming environment for everyone. It's not funny anymore when 1 player has 1 account and is attacked daily by another player with 10 accounts. Nor when someone sends you insulting messages every hour. No one can play and enjoy the game this way.
    If players have 1 account only, they have fair chances to win a battle or to be in top score, depending on their game knowledge, skills and time spent online. Even more accounts but without interaction between them are accepted.
  • Anastasia wrote:

I will share something a friend of mine was banned for using script for pirate points 1 month ... when me and him we didn't sleep for like 2 days in order to click and do it the way we do it ( i was a bit lazy so i never clicked on the second but i knew he will do it hehe )... then he got banned for 1 month for using script .. i asked him personally , he said no i never used it , and also i would agree if you do not sleep for 2 days then you definitely did not use script ...
    So, you claim to not sleep for two days and doing nothing more than clicking pirate missions? Sorry, there have been a lot of such reports previously which all confirmed the script using after individual deeper checking. And even if there may be one crazy individualist between thousands of pirates (sorry, can't find any other word to describe such person) - the ban would make only good for him.

Also I can't see what does this have to do with unclear rules? Script using has been forbidden since the very begin of Ikariam.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Anastasia wrote:

So, you claim to not sleep for two days and doing nothing more than clicking pirate missions? Sorry, there have been a lot of such reports previously which all confirmed the script using after individual deeper checking. And even if there may be one crazy individualist between thousands of pirates (sorry, can't find any other word to describe such person) - the ban would make only good for him.
    Also I can't see what does this have to do with unclear rules? Script using has been forbidden since the very begin of Ikariam.
    As a man who knows stuff in programs @Draxo could you explain how do they use scripts to intentionally pass through numerous buttons and game features in order to spam one single button every few minutes without the game noticing?

Could this be avoided by CAPTCHAs?
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • There are CAPTCHA codes for piracy missions already in place, however there use to be also CAPTCHA code readers.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Well, that's an infinite fight between developers and cheaters (similar as in many other areas, e.g. - serial codes and activation for software and games, viruses and antiviruses etc) - as soon as some kind of protection gets invented, some "anti-tool" appears very quickly.

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Anastasia wrote:

:D .... why bother not sleeping only clicking points and end up getting ban for scripting. You cant lie to the system who caught you.