Petition to Change The Elite Members Program

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Petition to Change The Elite Members Program

I was recently informed of the elite member program and the fact that you have to apply for the title.

Elite Member Program

I was thinking, isn't this a bit strange, that you have to apply for an honour, as opposed to it being awarded to you.

So I would like to suggest a change, which means that you have, to be nominated by another board member or team member before your application is considered, to make it more of an actual honour, as opposed to a reward for sending a message saying "I wanna be an elite member please señor"

:thumbsup:
    Heathen
  • For a start, a few of the privileges that you see in that thread are gone since this new board came online. So, that thread needs to be re-edited.

To be nominated by a team member - what does that involve? You want a smod to approach you and asks if you want to be an Elite?
    Similarly, to be nominated by another board member. - you want a board member to say, 'I want sharp to be an Elite?'

Currently, when you send in a message to a smod, he/she will look into your posting and board history. And he/she will consider about your entry :)
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • I have noticed some freshmen players as Elite Member. I'm also concerned that this title gets damaged in such manner.
    I would suggest to involve real in-game experience as a requirment. Or we shall ask for a new title with such criteria. So newcomers here on Board can distinguish better and answers from this group of members take more serious.
  • Yes, that is a good point :)
    Activity should be ... not just participating, but actually giving good advise, helping, and some good ingame knowledge. This obviously does not only include H&Q, but also providing good arguments in game suggestions section, discussing in a good manner and have knowledge when posting in the game discussion section. All these should be part of the "Elite"ness.

Dr. Hannibal Lecter wrote:

I have noticed some freshmen players as Elite Member. I'm also concerned that this title gets damaged in such manner.

A revision would be nice :)
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • iotsak wrote:

For a start, a few of the privileges that you see in that thread are gone since this new board came online. So, that thread needs to be re-edited.

To be nominated by a team member - what does that involve? You want a smod to approach you and asks if you want to be an Elite?
    Similarly, to be nominated by another board member. - you want a board member to say, 'I want sharp to be an Elite?'

Currently, when you send in a message to a smod, he/she will look into your posting and board history. And he/she will consider about your entry :)

Well, if a moderator thinks a person has been contributing a lot to the board, then they can award the player with the title. You don't have to ask the person if they want to be one.
    And, yes, I would like it if a member could say, "I want ------ to be an elite member, they're pretty great", and then you check to see if they meet your requirements.
    Heathen
  • sharpe12 wrote:

Well, if a moderator thinks a person has been contributing a lot to the board, then they can award the player with the title. You don't have to ask the person if they want to be one.
    I will say I have approached players... as it is nice to ask someone first, surprisingly they have declined at the option of being an Elite Member, I guess they are happy with doing what they are doing without the need of the recognition :)

sharpe12 wrote:

And, yes, I would like it if a member could say, "I want ------ to be an elite member, they're pretty great", and then you check to see if they meet your requirements.
    Hmm that could always happen, I would have no issue with that...but I would still ask, as some don't want the recognition...
    I know right!?...what is wrong with some people...sheesh.. :)

Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..

Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

Board Rules | Support
  • Yeah, but you don't have to have the banner on, so therefore, you could say,

"Congratualtions, due to your contributions we have decided that you should be part of the elite members club,
    The benefits are Blah, Blah, Blah

.... you can turn the elite member banner on in your personal setting."
    Heathen
  • The new board cannot allow you to 'choose' your banner, unless he/she goes to yet another new-group to be created. :S

sharpe12 wrote:

Alternatives may be:
    - Anyone can send a private message to a Smod to say, "I want blabla to be Elite": I think that would clutter up a Smod's PM box (which is already limited).
    - A thread here on the board : to me that would be quite horrific. Imagine if the smod says 'no'? and it's not nice for the user.
    - A thread in the internal Elite board : in other words, an Elite member proposes a board user, and other Elite gets to say something about it too.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • I think it should be hereditary. Elites must pass the tag on to someone else after 6 months. But, unless the new person also maintains a high level of contribution they lose the status marker after 3 months and it's randomly passed to someone else.

And people can spend a lot of ambrosia and be admitted to the group, but are only grudgingly accepted.
  • No doubt contribution to the Community is crucial to the 'Elite' title. Contribution actually means 'helping' players/users, and not just posting in spam sections!
    So, everything is to be reconsidered concerning this rank.
    And no doubt, all ideas posted here will be discussed with the Smods.
    So, if there are more, do not hesitate to post here!
    You'll Never Walk Alone