How to disband an alliance?

• How to disband an alliance?

Made an alliance just to see what it was like to, I don't actually want one... but now I can't find any kind of disband option? Am I stuck here forever? ;(

edit: Nevermind found it, I hadn't dropped the action tab down... oops
      Where has all the rum gone?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elizayne ().

• Elizayne wrote:

Are you implying somebody wouldn't want to be a member of the hippy circle ring?
      its ok there is to many alliance with one player in all server , my advice to you join one middle alliance from the top 15 .

learn about the game and the position and them make ur Owen one . i thing u can see that way u will have member because u will have experience and high level point .
      Best regard .
      Deizel
      leader of z eternal ally.
    • Deizel wrote:

Elizayne wrote:

Are you implying somebody wouldn't want to be a member of the hippy circle ring?
      its ok there is to many alliance with one player in all server , my advice to you join one middle alliance from the top 15 .
      learn about the game and the position and them make ur Owen one . i thing u can see that way u will have member because u will have experience and high level point .

I was just kidding, I'm not ready to join an alliance let alone make my own! I only tried it out to suss out the situation with alliances ;)
    • New

Elizayne wrote:

Deizel wrote:

Elizayne wrote:

its ok there is to many alliance with one player in all server , my advice to you join one middle alliance from the top 15 .learn about the game and the position and them make ur Owen one . i thing u can see that way u will have member because u will have experience and high level point .
      I was just kidding, I'm not ready to join an alliance let alone make my own! I only tried it out to suss out the situation with alliances ;)
      If you've never been part of an alliance, as I understood from your "testing" (Sorry if I'm wrong), then I'd like to let you know that each alliance differs from the other.

You got alliances that are boring as hell; these get attacked always and they don't revenge.
      You got alliances that are so big that it isn't organized. And everyone is dispersed, even some are 8hrs away.
      You got puppet alliances that are dependent of bigger alliances.

But, you also have good alliances based on friendship. Good alliances based on members who played with each others for years on other servers. Good alliances that devote their time to work as one team, crushing anyone who dares to mess with one of their members.

P.S: Not all warmonger alliances are good or fun.

So it really depends on the Leader's vision of the alliance, and how the alliance treats its members. You should search for your perfect ambiance, it's really worth the good fun in good wars and memorable battles :) Hope that I helped a bit.
    • New

To add on to Deadly, size does not matter. One of the alliances I had the greatest fun with was about 20 accounts (there were some multis) and it was at the 40s place TS-wise, but man was it awesome. We had the kind of chemistry that just made an alliance click and so it was a blast. Relations with your alliance mates and how you click with them is much more important that how strong it is. And some of those top alliances are so boring with no communication and farm alliances, so you should research before joining.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
    • New

Thanks for both your replies, good to have an insight. From previous gaming experiences I do agree with quality > size, nobody like feeling like a battery farm chicken!

I'm a bit too weak/small for anybody to really want me right now as a memeber, but generally I like the idea of it so long as its not constant war for the sake of war. I would prefer to fight in defense / for an actual purpose, rather than just going around pillaging people for the heck of it. I wouldn't want to be in a boring one that just gets ripped over again and again though, defense is important to me.

I guess as time goes on I may come across an alliance I'm interested in but right now its not really worth it (I don't think). I'm growing at full pelt so we shall have to see what happens! Plus I have yet to make any real friends on the game yet, especially on my server (Alpha)
    • New

What I have said is in bold.

Deadly wrote:

You got alliances that are borhing as hell; these get attacked always and they don't revenge. - These alliances are usually for builders.

You got alliances that are so big that it isn't organized. And everyone is dispersed, even some are 8hrs away. You also get alliances that are so big and are organized, for example Bane in Pi.
      Being dispersed is often an advantage of bigger alliances. Having just one area where your alliance has their towns or even you do, is actually often a disadvantage. Especially when rebuilding your army or even just preparing. Having multiple areas with alliance towns is an advantage. It also means you are more likely to be able to attack enemies farther away using alliance towns...always an advantaged. Especially if you have a good general.
      And you don't even need to specifically form areas with big alliances, they will often just naturally come into being. Though with good alliances you will form 2 or 3 cores (a good core about 6-8 island In my opinion) which you seal off...and if dedicated enough, members might take the 17th spots to make those islands just one bit safer. - This is more often done with piracy cores than just regular cores, though.

You yourself might be 8 hours away from one member, but another might be 30 minutes away. - Another advantage of large alliances.

You got puppet alliances that are dependent of bigger alliances. - These are often academy alliances.

But, you also have good alliances based on friendship. Good alliances based on members who played with each others for years on other servers. Good alliances that devote their time to work as one team, crushing anyone who dares to mess with one of their member

In my opinion, the best alliances are small ones with experienced members that often go to war. If you aren't good friends at the beginning, then there is nothing like smashing your enemies to change that. But remember to spread your towns out. Having all your towns in one area makes it quite easy for large alliances to pin you down. :)

The post was edited 5 times, last by Draco and Solon ().

• New

Thanks, I guess in that sense I'm more interested in being a builder (at least for now). Although, I'd prefer an alliance that at at least defended... do you know if any alliances run like this?

As for spreading out, I can see both points of view. Perhaps spreading is something I will maybe only consider when I know where I really want to go and have enough resources to set that up properly.

I think for now I just have to focus on growing my little empire and hopefully some kind of opportunity will present itself along the way...
    • New

I have some friends which play on Alpha, I'll ask them. :)

For now, when you have no alliance, I'd advise you minimise how many towns you build. Where you build your towns should depend a lot on where you alliance has their cores. But first you should be happy with that alliance and be settled there. Don't want to settle all your towns in accordance with their towns and then leave that alliance.
    • New

Sweet, thanks.

Currently I have 5 towns including my capital. (2 marble, 2 wood & the capital for army / research / partying praying). For now that's definitely enough. Like you say, best to wait a bit to colonise strategically.

Draco and Solon wrote:

Don't want to settle all your towns in accordance with their towns and then leave that alliance.

^^ Also great advice, hopefully any alliance I join I'll be with for quite some time at least. I don't want to rush into anything so will make sure the alliance is right before joining anyway.
    • New

2 wood? Each town produces wood. What is unique is the luxury resource mine. So 2 marble and...?
      In the beginning each town should probably have an academy.
      Miracles...
      Even when a builder you want miracles, especially poseidon.
      A good setup for a fighter would be government theocracy, 5 poseidon, 5 forge, 1 colossus and 1 mobile.
      For a builder, if you don't want theocracy, ideal is 5-6 poseidons and a couple forge miracles not to mention the odd colossus miracle (with theocracy 5 poseidons is enough for a 0 cooldown poseidon). Especially when you're spread out, poseidon is super useful. Being a naval fighter, having a short cooldown for my poseidon is essential.
    • New

Sorry I say "2 wood”, its actually 1 sulphur and 1 crystal but I don’t need these resources so much so I concentrate them for wood mainly unless something requires otherwise (maybe 1000 wood/hour & 20 of the other /hour). I know all islands can produce it, but I only use 2 to go full swing on it (so that the marbles can concentrate on just producing marble). I don’t have enough islands for it to work at the speed I’m working at any other way. This works for now until I get bigger and actual need the sul/cry. With my current size and resources it is too expensive to build more colonies.

The miracles I didn't look into too much when colonising admittedly, I happen to have just gotten lucky with my pick of an island for the capital (colossus). Given my weak army compared to some of the big guns that seem to surround me, I am grateful to be able to scatter anybody if they try to come at me. (I'm also contributing a lot of priests myself to keep the island faith growing, around 106% conversion). For sure in the future I need to be more aware of the miracles but this was an ignorant mistake before.

My plan was to switch to Aristocracy once I've got the resources to level up all the embassy governer's residence (to override the +3% corruption disadvantage).

It seems most of you more experienced players are fighters, however, if a little fry like me attacks I'll be damned haha.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elizayne ().

• New

Draco and Solon wrote:

Even when a builder you want miracles, especially poseidon.
      A good setup for a fighter would be government theocracy, 5 poseidon, 5 forge, 1 colossus and 1 mobile.
      For a builder, if you don't want theocracy, ideal is 5-6 poseidons and a couple forge miracles not to mention the odd colossus miracle (with theocracy 5 poseidons is enough for a 0 cooldown poseidon). Especially when you're spread out, poseidon is super useful. Being a naval fighter, having a short cooldown for my poseidon is essential.
      Why is it good to be spread out just because of alliance?!? (alliances cannot protect anyone if they are uncapable to protect themselves as well) ... i mean 2-3 towns might be spread around but i do not understand the reason for the others ... When people are spread around they always depend on poseidons i do not like this idea ...(for example some people have a hobby to jump around the islands with main cities and apparently lower your miracle if possible ;))) ) , if you are not spread around the map , you can fight less people (still the travel time for resources is not that big) yet i am sure there will be enough around most of the times and the mobile is about fighting people who are not close as well right.
      ---- probably poseidons are very essential for people who fight with ships , but i do not think that they are THAT important to have it , when you fight with army and your towns are not spread around the map. So why not 3 poseidons and 3 colossus ?

--- When you pick your alliance(the size does not really matter) , even in a big alliance you can make friends and be a group of 4-5-6 people who play constantly together , i must say you shall search them close to you , to be active and fun if possible , other will come on its own
      We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

The post was edited 3 times, last by Anastasia ().