Alliance War Decleration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Alliance War Decleration

Hello,
    I have a question about the way alliance wars work. I understand the core concept that by offically declaring a war, the bashing rule among other things is lifted, and allows players to attack other players over 6 times in the 24 hour period among other things.

My question is, when an alliance war is declared, what must be done? I understand it should be posted on the forums, and all CR's should be posted in the applicable thread, but what needs to be set out in the declaration of war in the forums. I ask since I noticed in the current Syndicate vs Muffin Mafia war on the Eunorma server, the declaration of war sets out a time frame and a point scoring system. Is this time frame a necessary thing to include or may a war go indefinitely until a surrender is negotiated? Furthermore, what rules change during an alliance war about the game?

Thank you!
  • Zombie wrote:

Hello,
    I have a question about the way alliance wars work. I understand the core concept that by offically declaring a war, the bashing rule among other things is lifted, and allows players to attack other players over 6 times in the 24 hour period among other things...
    ...Furthermore, what rules change during an alliance war about the game?

Thank you!

The bashing rule is outdated and no longer in effect so you can 'bash' someone even without a declaration of war. And overall there are no special rule changes between warring alliances. The closest you'd come is the Gauntlet war which marks islands with enemy cities, but that is only if they consent to a gauntlet war request.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Also you should know that the declaration is more or less just a role-play.

The score here (on the board) is not related to the actual profit or loss you're encountering in-game. What I mean is that you could keep growing, building, farming and gathering while losing wars (without losing loot) while the other alliance is spending loads on army upkeep and maneuvers, 5 hours travel time etc.

Some alliance wars reject the implementation of "loot score" in the war, others double the loot score, etc. And when the score varies so much from war to war, it becomes a secondary object after gaining profit in the actual war in-game, as our case.

One more thing I'd like to mention is the spirit: Always motivate your team and remain friendly with the alliance you're at war with. Most alliance bash themselves with arguments, just do the war, do your role in the war and let everyone have fun (It is super fun even if you lose your whole army).
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]