Mobile/Desktop missing messages

• Bugs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Mobile/Desktop missing messages

General Data

Browser (+full version data): Google Chrome - Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)
      Mobile: iPhone 6, iOS Version 10.2.1

Account Data (in Options ingame)
      Server/World: Eunomia (Server 32)
      Player-ID: 279
      InGame Name: Deadly

Other/Further Information:
      I receive notifications on my mobile that player X sent me a message, I then check the inbox either on my mobile or computer, the message is not visible. I updated the report cause I just took a screenshot of my mobile notifications.

There were around 3 others, but as I figured out this bug and decided to track it, I only remember messages being missing from these players:
      Last week: @Skar, @F3rnando (Skar confirmed sending a message that I did not receive).
      Today: KadirBaskan (with an "s" in another language).

Screenshot (if any):
      I don't have a screenshot of previous notifications of "invisible messages" as these notifications vanished from my mobile as soon as I was trying to check my inbox. But I did get one for today's missing message.

In red is the missing message's notification (sent as notification but is missing from any inbox). In green, 1 message before and 1 message after that missing message in red.
      i63.tinypic.com/143kr28.jpg

Here is my inbox, same on my mobile version - No message from that guy.
      i64.tinypic.com/ejyo2p.jpg
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • Mea1 wrote:

Are you sure you haven't put them on ignore?
      Yes because I already received messages from them before, F3rnando and Skar and we have had discussions.

I used to receive messages from F3rnando but never replied to him, but I don't have him on my ignore list.

Ikariam ignore list
      Players you are ignoring

no entries
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • there is to many thing should be upgraded as on mobile ikariam app.

like embassy and hide out

i can't not send a spy from my app and i can not send circle message and see other thing from the embassy .

do u have a update fixing those thing .

NO one cared WHO i was ..... Until i put on the MASK
      Z eternal ally.
    • Deizel wrote:

there is to many thing should be upgraded as on mobile ikariam app.

like embassy and hide out

i can't not send a spy from my app and i can not send circle message and see other thing from the embassy .

do u have a update fixing those thing .
      I believe you're commenting in the wrong section sir.

If you'd like to suggest something related to the app, or the game itself, please use the Game Suggestions section.
      If you'd like to discuss/open a debate about the app, please use the Game Discussion section.
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • Hello again,

Yesterday two players sent me a message. I received a notification on my mobile but again it doesn't show in any inbox (browser nor app), PT_assassin and Caligola.

These are strategic messages, I mean one guy I was attacking could have said something interesting and the other is asking about the alliance.

@iotsak is there any fix soon?
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • I'm afraid there will not be any immediate fix on this for the moment.

The best is probably remove that message notification for now in order that you receive the messages. Sorry, I can't help you further on this.
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • iotsak wrote:

I'm afraid there will not be any immediate fix on this for the moment.

The best is probably remove that message notification for now in order that you receive the messages. Sorry, I can't help you further on this.
      You mean that I should un-tick the "receive message notifications"?
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • If it helps to avoid not getting 'blank' messages, yes.
      However, I find it curious that you are the only one who has this problem? Or, do you know if anyone else has this issue?
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • I don't know anyone else. But it's really hard to notice, most of the people don't read the notifications or just swipe instantly to check.
      The notification is vanished afterwards so unless you really track it you won't realize players you contacted yesterday could face this bug.
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • board.en.ikariam.gameforge.com…-Desktop-version-and-App/

problem to the bug in here and though one of your guys has the answer but to help keep everything with the log i will quickly explain.

Leaders are getting notifications on mobile app for the home sec and diplomats getting messages.

so a alliance application or a message to diplomat the leader will get a message.

been happening for months now. so cant tell you the exact release date on when it started sorry

anyway hope it helps fixing it
    • yes.. thank you,
      But I'm not too sure if that is the case here.
      I am assuming that Deadly actually got 'normal' messages.. not alliance application or message to diplomats.
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • iotsak wrote:

yes.. thank you,
      But I'm not too sure if that is the case here.
      I am assuming that Deadly actually got 'normal' messages.. not alliance application or message to diplomats.
      True, I did get a message from Skar. It could have been sent to the Diplomat I'm not sure.
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • iotsak wrote:

However, I find it curious that you are the only one who has this problem? Or, do you know if anyone else has this issue?
      I receive some notifications on the phone that I cannot find in the browser, but messages from players do not disappear, I can still read them in browser. I do not have examples right now, as I delete them quickly for being too many. notifications

I didn't say anything until now because I am on Android not iOS.