ikariam battles ( Beginners )

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ikariam battles ( Beginners )

I have been very active fighter before on ikariam , but since long time i have not really fought with anyone. So there are some main questions considering the first steps of ikariam battles :

?(
    How does the battlefields of ikariam change depending on the level of the townhall ?
    How many units a person need in order to fill their all lines so mainly how many units fill one "square" from all of them (flang /may have for example 1square on left and one on right / , first line , etc ,etc ) ? (thats in general so for navy and army)
    If 2 equal armies /fleets ( from the upgrade viewpoint, also assuming they both have full battle lines) go into battle , how many units die per round?
    When people exchange their second lines (army and fleet) , how many rounds they have before they need to exchange it with new ones ?
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
  • There is no easy answer to most of your questions, since they will for the most part depend on field size.

Battlefield for land will depend on level of town hall and level of town wall, BUT if you exceed the garrison-limit of the town you will fight outside of wall, regarding of the size of the field that is shown.

The number of units will vary based on the size of the battle-field.

This link will be helpful with the different units and both land and sea.

This page will provide you with the different field and number of units needed.

The 2nd line will vary based on type of unit. For sulphur carabiners (land) its ammo for 3 rounds, same for mortars (as I never use other than mortars or rams, I don't remember for catapults)-

2nd line for fleet (mortarships) is 5 rounds.
  • I read the post but it .. it did not really said anything specific than a common explanation ??
    I mean there are people on here so experienced in fights and all... i am surprised nobody has correct and clear answer to those questions ...
    ---- THANK YOU Mea1 , till now you are the first person trying to help and actually leading me to some stuff
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
  • I readed half of it(then i gave up) and it never answered any of my questions let me copy some things in order to say why am i confused about it : You may neeExample

+ 15 Battlefield Send - 21 fire & 12 Steam Rams
    + 22 Battlefield Send - 30 fire & 16 Steam Rams
    + 29 - Full size battle field send - 36 fires
    & 20 Steam ramsd 1 extra AP point to wave in Sulphur Carabineers
    (252 will last 9 rounds)
    ----- really in what battlefield for example does this apply ..... ?
    Waving is good but also
    dangerous.
    * You will need at least 2 nearby towns to wave
    from to have enough AP points
    * If waving from another island you must keep a
    port open or again you may not be able to get in troops through a sea battle
    * You have to be online at least every 15 minutes
    while waving, so don’t make plans
    * Only use expensive Mortars when you are sure
    they are safe

- you can wave from every single town , unless this town is not in a battle or in a battle and it does not matter if it is yours or you just have occupied it or blocked it .... (the points everyone sees them anyway ....

Example Waving Battle - For Large Player - Technique 1

Large player
    800 Fire ships
    350 Steam ships only if waving
    300-400 Rams ships
    168 Mortar Ships
    200 Diving boats
    100 Balloons
    200 Paddle Speed boats
    90 Tender

-- example for what battlefield exactly .......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i do not mean to be rude , but this is not answering any of my questions stated , and i stopped reading it on the half of it , coz i assumed it has nothing to do with the questions ... it is not meant bad , but the questions are clear ... answers normally shall be clear too idk ...
  • I agree about the length of that post...I myself had a hard time going through it.
    Unfortunately, A LOT of the older posts concerning battle tactics were deleted before the migration to this new board.

However, the wikia link posted by mea gave clear details of unit numbers in each spot for the different battle field sizes.
    As for waving, the one I posted does give an idea... just need a quiet moment to read through.
    And for how many will die at each round, assuming the exact same configurations in each side for each field size....I should think that would require a lot of re-testing in the Test Server. I myself have not touched battle for a very long time now.

Sadly, most of the older warriors who actually have the 'mathematic know-how' are not here anymore..
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Iotsak , thank you for taking time into it ...
    but i though i ask simple questions , esp for well "people i admire on here" ....
    now i see it is not always that way , yet , still questions will stay same , and i am sure everyone who had years and years of "fighting player" can answer them easy ....
    I will continue my search for answers , everywhere as well , coz whats important is that we all know how right ??
    edit: if nobody can do that i shall actually count on the GO's that's my opinion for it :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Anastasia ().

• Anastasia wrote:

I have been very active fighter before on ikariam , but since long time i have not really fought with anyone. So there are some main questions considering the first steps of ikariam battles :

Some of these questions have already been answered, but I'll give a go to try and give more detail.

Anastasia wrote:

How does the battlefields of ikariam change depending on the level of the townhall ?

The town hall size effects land battles. The shipyard/trading port size (whichever is larger) effects naval battles. To see what each battlefield size looks like, you can go to the help tab with the following path. Help >> The Art of Warfare >> The Land/Naval Battlefield. It will show you a number of blocks (the little boxes) with a number in them. That number will show you the max capacity of such a block, or in other words the total size it can hold. To figure out the size of a unit you will go to Help >> Units/Ships and look at the size statistic to the right of the unit's picture. Once you have the size you will divide (block size)/(unit size) = max units held in block. As you can't field a partial unit, round down any decimals. (Even an answer of X.999 would be X and not (X + 1).)

Side banter: I personally always found the Help tab to be pretty useful for the basics and figuring those things out even if it doesn't give much in the ways of strategy tips at all.

But while town hall and port size effect battle field size, also keep in mind the overflow battlefield. To lift from the posts of mine Mea linked:

Land Overflow wrote:

The overflow battlefield occurs when the defending army goes over the garrison limit. This means that the battle takes place outside the wall of a city (which will reappear when the defending army goes under the garrison limit) and is the largest field possible.
    Garrison limit on land is calculated as
    250 + (50 x (town hall level + town wall level))
    If the number of units defending exceeds that number the battle will become an overflow.

A strategy with overflow battlefields that can be used is to exhaust your enemy's artillery ammunition and then bring the battle out of overflow into a battle where the walls come into play and being able to hold indefinitely.

Naval Overflow wrote:

Just as on land there is an overflow field. The only difference with overflow is that it just makes a larger field as there are no walls to overflow over. To calculate overflow at sea
    125 + (25 x highest trading port or shipyard level)
    Fleets with more ships than the overflow will go into the largest field possible.

Anastasia wrote:

How many units a person need in order to fill their all lines so mainly how many units fill one "square" from all of them (flang /may have for example 1square on left and one on right / , first line , etc ,etc ) ? (thats in general so for navy and army)

To retiterate in case it's missed: (block size)/(unit size) = max units held in block.

Anastasia wrote:

If 2 equal armies /fleets ( from the upgrade viewpoint, also assuming they both have full battle lines) go into battle , how many units die per round?

There are too many battlefields and too many different scenarios to really answer that exactly. As I was more of a naval fighter, I can really only give a few things.
    1: Should I recall correctly, flanks (both land and sea) have half the units dying each round.
    2: At sea on a lv15+ all 21 flames dying when using the three flameblock technique.

But overall one way to help understand this is to go the the help menu. Going to Help >> Units/Ships will give you three important stats for the basic computation. Hit Points, Armor, and Damage.
    When a unit attacks another unit, the damage suffered by the unit attacked = Damage - Armor.
    So let's imagine 2 swordsmen are fighting 2 swordsmen with full upgrades and lv 5 forge.
    Stats of each swordsman.
    Hit Points: 18
    Armor: 0 base + 3 from upgrades + 2 from forge = 5
    Damage: 10 based + 3 from upgrades + 20% from forge = (10 + 3) * .2 = 15.6
    So when one swordsman attacks another, the damage suffered by the attacked unit is 15.6 (attacker's damage) - 5 (defender's armor) = 10.6. Then the second sword will attack again to deal another 10.6 damage and as 21.2 (total damage) >= 18 (unit hit points) the attacked swordsman dies.

Now there is another stat you'll notice called accuracy. Accuracy does not effect whether or not the unit will hit (all units hit every round) but whether or not the unit will hit a unit that's already damaged. (So in the example above it determines whether the swordsman hits the damaged swordsman or the starts damaging the second.) I do not have the formula surrounding that, but knowing that will help you understand why any math you do may have a different result than the reality, though I imagine it'd be slight.

Anastasia wrote:

When people exchange their second lines (army and fleet) , how many rounds they have before they need to exchange it with new ones ?

Mea gave a nice overview of that, but also remember that when you whiteflag it takes 1 hour + travel time (unless you're defending in your own town from your town) to get back to the town they were waved from to reload and then travel back.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Thanks for the answer , which was very somehow making me wonder if i have not forgotten math :)
    I was hoping i do not need to calculate anything coz it has been already calculated kinda ... but it will def take me time to make proper pictures and upload it , for the more visual and simple part , unless someone can do that which is gonna be cool.