Questions about retreating

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Questions about retreating

Hi everyone!

I'm having problems trying to catch a retreating enemy army when they return to their town, can somebody help me clarify things a little bit?

Scenario 1:
    If I attack another player's own town on the same island and he retreated immediately, when will his troops return, or will they be able to travel to another town of his?

Scenario 2:
    If a player attacks my town from the same island, and then he retreated, when will his troops return to the town where he launched his attack

Scenario 3:
    If a player attacks my town from a different island, and then he retreated, when will his troops return to the town where he launched his attack?

Scenario 4:
    If a player attacks me from the same island then retreat, and I then block his port before his troops return there, will they scatter or will they be trapped in that town? What if he attacks me from a different island and then retreat, and then I block his port before his troops return there, will his troops scatter or be trapped?

Thanks everyone a lot!
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • lucariomys wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm having problems trying to catch a retreating enemy army when they return to their town, can somebody help me clarify things a little bit?

Scenario 1:
    If I attack another player's own town on the same island and he retreated immediately, when will his troops return, or will they be able to travel to another town of his?

Scenario 2:
    If a player attacks my town from the same island, and then he retreated, when will his troops return to the town where he launched his attack

Scenario 3:
    If a player attacks my town from a different island, and then he retreated, when will his troops return to the town where he launched his attack?

Scenario 4:
    If a player attacks me from the same island then retreat, and I then block his port before his troops return there, will they scatter or will they be trapped in that town? What if he attacks me from a different island and then retreat, and then I block his port before his troops return there, will his troops scatter or be trapped?

Thanks everyone a lot!
    Scenario 1:
    The time will be 1 hour + traveltime. Poseidon will be in effect if it is active. They will return to the town they were sent from (or the location changed to after)

Scenario 2:
    Same here: 1 hour + traveltime

Scenario 3:
    Same here: 1 hour + traveltime

Scenario 4:
    They will first be on the travel for 1 hour + traveltime. If you are talking about a port-occupation and troops returning they will be trapped in the city, if you are talking about a town-occupation and troops they will scatter.

If the player retreating had occupied the town and you free the town, his troops will scatter upon return. If the town belong to him or an member of his alliance (or has garrison right) they should fight your troops.
  • thank you very much Mea!

Just to clarify a bit, for scenario 1 [The time will be 1 hour + traveltime. Poseidon will be in effect if it is active. They will return to the town they were sent from (or the location changed to after)]. Previously I attacked a guy at his own town and he retreated, so I figure the time until his troops return would be 1 hour (because there's no travel time, it's his troops in his own town). I timed my attack to arrive 2 sec after his came back, yet did not encounter any troops (I don't see him occupy anyone either).

Was my reasoning incorrect?
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • lucariomys wrote:

thank you very much Mea!

Just to clarify a bit, for scenario 1 [The time will be 1 hour + traveltime. Poseidon will be in effect if it is active. They will return to the town they were sent from (or the location changed to after)]. Previously I attacked a guy at his own town and he retreated, so I figure the time until his troops return would be 1 hour (because there's no travel time, it's his troops in his own town). I timed my attack to arrive 2 sec after his came back, yet did not encounter any troops (I don't see him occupy anyone either).

Was my reasoning incorrect?
    If he retreats into own town, from defending the town, there is no withdrawl-time, and no one hour penalty. Then the troops will simply be in the garrison of the town.