Question about linked accounts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Question about linked accounts

My former boss at work and I both played on the same server; we linked our accounts since we both logged in during breaks to avoid fleet contact. I have a new job and no longer work there.

Can we safely un-link the accounts since we'll never play from the same IP again, or should they remain linked since we did share an IP in the past?
      Num-nums!
    • So, just to get this straight: you said: "you can interrupt the IP sharing." My question is now what was all that about fleet contact? If we cancelled the IP share then fleet contact would not be an issue...is this not the case?
      Num-nums!
    • You are an old and experienced player, you have some activity in game and on the boards and I am sure you read a lot about the rules and what other players discussed about IP sharing. But if I am wrong and you didn't read, please do it now.
      Game rule no.1 says that multi-accounts and players using same IP are accepted but they have to be announced in-game by linking them in IP-sharing. Fleet contact is forbidden.
      The IP-sharing form saves you time from returning fleets and prevents a fleet contact by mistake.
      It is only logical that when the condition of same IP disappears due to moving to another place and there is no same IP anymore, the connection can disappear and fleet contact is allowed.
      But doing the disconnection just to have fleet contact is not allowed.
      I hope this answers your question.
    • If you're looking for a simple explanation, what @Antikythera meant is:

1. The rule clearly says that any contact between 2 accounts on the same IP is disallowed. That's why you need the IP-Share, it's not a choice, it's required.

2. In-case the 2 account owners moved to different places (different IPs), then the IP-Share can be removed and fleet contact is allowed ONLY if what you mentioned is true (about moving to different locations).

3. Antikithera is warning you that once you've removed the IP-Share, but in the future somehow you guys visited each others and had a fleet contact, you will be suspended.

4. The IP-Share cannot be signed and removed numerous times.
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • I understand all of what has been said...and, yes, I'm an old hand on the boards. I was just wanting to know why fleet contact was brought up at all when my question was relating to it beyond.

The answers received have in turn sparked another question from me...

Say, I go back to my former employer in another couple of year...If I had cancelled our IP share and then put in for one again, would that get me banned??

And, no, we are NOT the same person. He speaks German and has made reports to GO staff getting far quicker and better responses than I ever have. I'm asking because I would hate for either he or I to get banned for doing nothing more than trying to associate with each other in-game.
      Num-nums!
    • Vergry wrote:

Say, I go back to my former employer in another couple of year...If I had cancelled our IP share and then put in for one again, would that get me banned??
      I don't know about that much time (1 year...)
      But I do know that IP-Share cannot be made several times in a short time-lapse, I don't know how "short" it is. But in theory, it's not allowed.

Account suspension would hit both of you. But I'll leave the final answer for someone with a better answer than me.

Also, the interaction between 2 accounts on the same IP is not limited to fleet contact. Anything related to an account feeding the other, or the other feeding another, or both of them using a third account/player/friend/random dude to feed each others is not allowed. From all the previous sentence, you just have to know that it's not only about fleet/direct contact, it's about anything related or could be used for the sake of any of these accounts.
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • Deadly wrote:

Also, the interaction between 2 accounts on the same IP is not limited to fleet contact. Anything related to an account feeding the other, or the other feeding another, or both of them using a third account/player/friend/random dude to feed each others is not allowed. From all the previous sentence, you just have to know that it's not only about fleet/direct contact, it's about anything related or could be used for the sake of any of these accounts.
      I know all of this man...been playing the game for years and years; both active in-game and on the boards. All I wanted was a clarification on dismissing IP sharing and how future interaction between those accounts would be handled. What confused me was the use of of the term fleet contact in the answer. I now understand that "fleet contact" is GF's name for IP violations.
      Num-nums!
    • Deizel wrote:

a question about the rule , i don't remember where i read it in the board but as our problem ipsharing .

can we have 2 account in the board ?
      As posted in Board Rules

Account
      1. Each user may register and control one account only.
        • Should two users access the boards from the same IP address, a member of the Board Team should be contacted.
      2. Users are not permitted to share board accounts.
        • The instructions in point 1 should be followed when registering the second account.
      3. The user is responsible for all content posted from his or her board account.
    • Vergry wrote:

I was just wanting to know why fleet contact was brought up at all when my question was relating to it beyond.
      It was brought up simply to give you a full answer before you ask twice.

Vergry wrote:

No, you won't banned.
      Deadly already replied at no.4 the bad situation.

Vergry wrote:

He speaks German and has made reports to GO staff getting far quicker
      You got your first reply within 45 min. I am sorry if this is not quick enough for you. We are all volunteers, we have to sleep and eat and go to work, and we are helping players in our free time.
      German won't help you here in this community as none of us speaks German. I know you had problems in another community, but it's not the place to talk about it here.

Vergry wrote:

and better responses than I ever have.
      Again, I am sorry if you do not find our replies satisfying, I just hope other community's replies were faster and better. You are free to play in the community in what you feel better.

Vergry wrote:

What confused me was the use of of the term fleet contact in the answer.
      The term was used because this is the only effect of IP sharing that arise big questions and it is interesting for the majority of players.
    • Antikythera wrote:

Vergry wrote:

He speaks German and has made reports to GO staff getting far quicker
      You got your first reply within 45 min. I am sorry if this is not quick enough for you. We are all volunteers, we have to sleep and eat and go to work, and we are helping players in our free time.German won't help you here in this community as none of us speaks German. I know you had problems in another community, but it's not the place to talk about it here.

Vergry wrote:

and better responses than I ever have.
      Again, I am sorry if you do not find our replies satisfying, I just hope other community's replies were faster and better. You are free to play in the community in what you feel better.
      Antikythera, I wasn't referring to the answers to things on the boards...board staff is amazing! I'm sorry if you thought I was referring to you; I was not and I appreciate your timely responses to my inquiries. No, speaking German won't help you on the boards but when filing a ticket it definitely does help. I think you might be confusing me with someone else...I've had no problems in other communities as I've never played anywhere other than .en
      Num-nums!