IP sharing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Well, A thought just sparked into my head when I read abou the IP sharing threadd in the world that I play in. So here is the thought just confirm or deny it.

I can set up a new account do the IP sharing thing then move the towns to my island and just donate whatever I make.

Can this be done? Not that I will do it but it can be an exploit
  • Hello Joe,

When I asked you in-game to register on the board, it was for this purpose, to get clear explanation of the EN in-game rules.

The IP-Share rule is not only limited to these 2 accounts you have, but it escalates to all interactions between these 2 accounts and external accounts.

In other words, I'd like to warn you before that you do or tend to do anything against the rules, with or without your consent.

Please care to read the following:

Display Spoiler
    1. Once 2 accounts have an IP-Share agreement, it cannot be removed and added again.

2. Your account = A, your multi with IP-Share= B, your friend/random guy= C.
    Player C cannot loot resources from player B and send it to player A - That would be a circumvention to the rules, which is strictly not forbidden.
    It is considered an abuse of the Pushing Rule and the IP-Share agreement to have a third account doing the "dirty" job for you. The 3 accounts will be banned.

3. Do not try, by any means, to circumvent or abuse any rule. It's not worth it.

4. Pushing Rule means that you as lower player, cannot send free resources to anyone with higher Total Score than you. That's why I sent you free resources and asked you never to send them back to me, after that you suggested. (The Pushing Rule is not limited to trade. Anything that feeds a higher TS account at the cost of the lower TS account is not acceptable.)

5. Scripts are not allowed.

6. If you're going to have multis (IP-Share/Donors) they should be played as individual accounts.

7. You cannot create a multi, for the sole purpose of funding/helping/feeding/sheltering your main account.

Should you have any additional questions, let me know, I'll try to help you as much as I can.
    I have milked all the scenarios, and the Game Staff have had explanations to each and every situation, thanks to @Antikythera and @iotsak.

edit: a slight error in the statement concerning circumvention of the multi rule (in the spoiler (hidden content)), I believe to be unintentional.
    It is strictly forbidden to circumvent the multi rule. ~iots.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]

The post was edited 1 time, last by iots ().

• if you are going to have more than one account though be careful. the rules can be abit blurred and even if you didnt mean any harm could come back to bite you. just donating you will be fine. try to use them more make sure you FULLY understand the rules before doing so.

also they like to use circumvent as the word. i hate it the amount they use it. if you play the accounts like a normal account you are fine. normal accounts can donate can attack people. anything the IP share blocks dont try and get round basically.

ie giving someone resources to give to another one of your accounts. keep to 1:1 trading to avoid mess. and may the odds be forever in your favour.

btw watch out for the hidden rules they dont tell you everything so they dont give you ideas. be smart play smart.
  • Ratna wrote:

Tesco wrote:

btw watch out for the hidden rules they dont tell you everything so they dont give you ideas. be smart play smart.
    There is no hidden rule, feel free to ask for your better understanding.
    I will not post comment on this as I know the game admins are bored of hearing about my case. All I say if you want to ip share just be careful and play fair
  • Ratna wrote:

Tesco wrote:

There is no hidden rule, feel free to ask for your better understanding.
    From what I've witnessed over the past few years, hidden "Rules", secret and open "Interpretations" and "Guidelines" abound

It's enough to make you think there actually is a Unified Conspiracy Theory :)

(ok ok more... Unified Conspiracy Wild Ranting Speculation)

Del
  • Every week another thread regarding IP sharing and cheating is opened on the boards. Most of the players do not read what was previously written and ask the same thing again and again. All staff replies converge to the same point: multi accounts are allowed if you respect some conditions. Fleet contact between the accounts is not allowed. Finding ways to get around this and get unfair benefits for one account is forbidden. This rule applies to players with multiple accounts and/or multiple players playing from same IP.

What did I just wrote? I just wrote the first rule by using other words.
    Describing scenarios in which 3 accounts are involved, or 4, or more than 4 accounts has no meaning. If they all do same things and/or work together against game rules it does not matter in what way you do it and how many accounts are involved.

There are no hidden rules, but in time players come with various ideas to avoid the rules. They apply their ideas and get banned. After that they come here telling their version of the story, knowing very well that we cannot discuss here a ban case.

So, readers of this board can always say it's something hidden or it's a conspiracy. Conspiracy to what? To ban all players and close the server? Do you really believe this? How about fair chances to every player that follows the rules?

I would like very much to see the opinion of players with one or two accounts played independently about players with multiple accounts getting benefits from all of them against game rules.
  • Antikythera wrote:

Every week another thread regarding IP sharing and cheating is opened on the boards. Most of the players do not read what was previously written and ask the same thing again and again. All staff replies converge to the same point: multi accounts are allowed if you respect some conditions. Fleet contact between the accounts is not allowed. Finding ways to get around this and get unfair benefits for one account is forbidden. This rule applies to players with multiple accounts and/or multiple players playing from same IP.

Describing scenarios in which 3 accounts are involved, or 4, or more than 4 accounts has no meaning. If they all do same things and/or work together against game rules it does not matter in what way you do it and how many accounts are involved.

There are no hidden rules, but in time players come with various ideas to avoid the rules. They apply their ideas and get banned. After that they come here telling their version of the story, knowing very well that we cannot discuss here a ban case.

So, readers of this board can always say it's something hidden or it's a conspiracy. Conspiracy to what? To ban all players and close the server? Do you really believe this? How about fair chances to every player that follows the rules?

I would like very much to see the opinion of players with one or two accounts played independently about players with multiple accounts getting benefits from all of them against game rules.

i wont go into it but you GOs and SGOs or what not defend yourselfs as much as you want i have proof you guys dont know what your talking about. so please dont try make out im wrong. but what we can all agree on is just play fair and nothing bad will happen. like you said numerous amounts of threads are on this no need for anymore.

• Tesco wrote:

Antikythera wrote:

Every week another thread regarding IP sharing and cheating is opened on the boards. Most of the players do not read what was previously written and ask the same thing again and again. All staff replies converge to the same point: multi accounts are allowed if you respect some conditions. Fleet contact between the accounts is not allowed. Finding ways to get around this and get unfair benefits for one account is forbidden. This rule applies to players with multiple accounts and/or multiple players playing from same IP.

i wont go into it but you GOs and SGOs or what not defend yourselfs as much as you want i have proof you guys dont know what your talking about. so please dont try make out im wrong. but what we can all agree on is just play fair and nothing bad will happen. like you said numerous amounts of threads are on this no need for anymore.

How about alt multis then? Individuals using proxies or simply hooking another device to a neighbor's internet to have unlinked multi? - The Rules are not clear on this.

Neither are The Rules clear about what constitutes Pushing - we have grown used to the concept of Unfair Advantage but why does this apply exclusively to resource movement and not gold and weapons?

I'm sure there is a thread tucked away in here where a GO or GF rep talks about localized World/Server interpretations of the rules - so yeah I'm still saying and agreeing with Tesco that there are hidden and interpretive guidelines that we the players are not party to.

I was being light-hearted about Conspiracy. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you etc...

Del
  • @Deadly We had in the past more detailed rules about some violations, e.g. Pushing. With new "simplified" rules, we had to apply them in the way Gameforge intended, and suggested to each community.

> 4. Pushing Rule means that you as lower player, cannot send free resources to anyone with higher Total Score than you. That's why I sent you free resources and asked you never to send them back to me, after that you suggested. (The Pushing Rule is not limited to trade. Anything that feeds a higher TS account at the cost of the lower TS account is not acceptable.)

You can exchange resources with another player lower/higher in score, but in a fair amount: E.g. user Small send 10,000 marble to Huge, then Huge sends back to Small 10,000 crystal. This is allowed, no problem at all. Remember to keep exchange in a 48h timeframe, and nothing will happen. Instead, if Small sends 4 shipments with 10,000 marble to Huge, and Huge sends back once 10,000 wood in (e.g.) a week, this is bannable. Indeed, as GA, we instruct our Staff to be lenient with new players and very little amounts of resources: e.g. if you are a new player, and you send 500 wood to another bigger player, we can be lenient and just warn (once!) before to ban; if you are a experienced player normally it does not happen.

Other points describe correctly current situation.

@Deliverance Regarding multis, if we catch a player playing using e.g. a cell phone and a web account and they interact without IP-Sharing, we permaban them. Yes, each "community" interprets or adapt rules, but generally "local" interpretations are reported on board. But we are not perfect. If you think that there is something so unclear to need a "official" clarification, we don't have any trouble to listen to your proposal, and satisfy your request.

Cheers
    Sampisa

ContactMe | GameRules |GameSupport
    thx to PhoEniX Rising for the sig
  • Sampisa wrote:

You can exchange resources with another player lower/higher in score, but in a fair amount: E.g. user Small send 10,000 marble to Huge, then Huge sends back to Small 10,000 crystal. This is allowed, no problem at all. Remember to keep exchange in a 48h timeframe, and nothing will happen. Instead, if Small sends 4 shipments with 10,000 marble to Huge, and Huge sends back once 10,000 wood in (e.g.) a week, this is bannable. Indeed, as GA, we instruct our Staff to be lenient with new players and very little amounts of resources: e.g. if you are a new player, and you send 500 wood to another bigger player, we can be lenient and just warn (once!) before to ban; if you are a experienced player normally it does not happen

Yes I am aware of that. I just wanted to clear a general idea of the pushing rule for a new player to Ikariam.

I've actually got enough explanations from the Game Staff and just helping new people to understand the danger of breaking/misunderstanding the rules.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]