Use a different graphic in island view for a city being attacked by barbarians

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Use a different graphic in island view for a city being attacked by barbarians

      Do you like this suggestion? 10
      1.  
        Yes (6) 60%
      2.  
        No (4) 40%
      General Information:

      When a city is attacked the graphic in island view changes.

      What are you suggesting?

      I would like to see a separate, different, graphic when a city is being attacked by barbarians.

      How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

      An extra graphic - an overlay will be required.

      Suggestion Reason:

      Being attacked by barbarians is different to being attacked by another player. Island-mates will be more likely to defend you in your absence. This will promote island cohesion.
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by -Hera- ().

    • its a yes for me if it change in the island view that way all the member can see the attack and if they are online they may defend the town .


      NO one cared WHO i was ..... Until i put on the MASK
      Z eternal ally.
    • If I see the barbs attacking I would jump straight in and help them out ;). Also if you're getting hit from the barbs your not doing the optimal technique. Just saying. An attack is an attack doesn't matter where it comes from. If you are in an alliance your general will be able to see who you are fighting against. Also your allies could put a spearman in your town to see. I've defended loads of my alliance mates from barbs in the past. This isn't needed.
    • Quartz wrote:

      Being attacked by barbarians is different to being attacked by another player.
      In what way different? As said above - attack is an attack, no matters of which side.
      Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Draxo wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      Being attacked by barbarians is different to being attacked by another player.
      In what way different? As said above - attack is an attack, no matters of which side.
      Because helping a neighbour against a barbarian attack doesn't introduce possible conflict between players or alliances. It's safe to defend your island-mate against a barbarian attack.
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
    • Quartz wrote:

      Draxo wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      Being attacked by barbarians is different to being attacked by another player.
      In what way different? As said above - attack is an attack, no matters of which side.
      Because helping a neighbour against a barbarian attack doesn't introduce possible conflict between players or alliances. It's safe to defend your island-mate against a barbarian attack.
      But it brings unfair "intel" by distinguishing an NPC attack from a player driven attack.
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • Deadly wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      Draxo wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      Being attacked by barbarians is different to being attacked by another player.
      In what way different? As said above - attack is an attack, no matters of which side.
      Because helping a neighbour against a barbarian attack doesn't introduce possible conflict between players or alliances. It's safe to defend your island-mate against a barbarian attack.
      But it brings unfair "intel" by distinguishing an NPC attack from a player driven attack.
      draxo make it only so we can see if hes getting attacked so i can help the barbs out please
    • Deadly wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      Draxo wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      Being attacked by barbarians is different to being attacked by another player.
      In what way different? As said above - attack is an attack, no matters of which side.
      Because helping a neighbour against a barbarian attack doesn't introduce possible conflict between players or alliances. It's safe to defend your island-mate against a barbarian attack.
      But it brings unfair "intel" by distinguishing an NPC attack from a player driven attack.

      In what way is it unfair?
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
    • Quartz wrote:

      Deadly wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      Draxo wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      Being attacked by barbarians is different to being attacked by another player.
      In what way different? As said above - attack is an attack, no matters of which side.
      Because helping a neighbour against a barbarian attack doesn't introduce possible conflict between players or alliances. It's safe to defend your island-mate against a barbarian attack.
      But it brings unfair "intel" by distinguishing an NPC attack from a player driven attack.
      In what way is it unfair?
      You not seeing what we are saying? Yes it may sometimes get people to help defend you. Some lightning take advantage and join the attack. Others may sit back and laugh.

      Also why is this attack any different from others? If I see a island mate town on fire I sometimes go help them anyway. Friendly island is a good island.
    • Quartz wrote:

      In what way is it unfair?
      As Tesco said, people could know it's a barbarian attack and thus could join on their side. Let's say you're either hunting a player or just raiding an island with your alliance, the moment you see that the barbarian attack took more than a round to finish the battle, you'll know there's an army inside that town, trapped fighting the barbs.. So you go for it first.

      Just a quick random scenario.
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • Deadly wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      In what way is it unfair?
      As Tesco said, people could know it's a barbarian attack and thus could join on their side. Let's say you're either hunting a player or just raiding an island with your alliance, the moment you see that the barbarian attack took more than a round to finish the battle, you'll know there's an army inside that town, trapped fighting the barbs.. So you go for it first.
      Just a quick random scenario.

      That would likely invoke repercussions - they would be on the CR and that might escalate into a war.
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
    • Quartz wrote:

      Deadly wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      In what way is it unfair?
      As Tesco said, people could know it's a barbarian attack and thus could join on their side. Let's say you're either hunting a player or just raiding an island with your alliance, the moment you see that the barbarian attack took more than a round to finish the battle, you'll know there's an army inside that town, trapped fighting the barbs.. So you go for it first.Just a quick random scenario.
      That would likely invoke repercussions - they would be on the CR and that might escalate into a war.
      What if they are already at war? Even if they weren't, you just gave the attackers a clear vision over that town and its current garrison.
      THE SYNDICATE
      [SYN]
    • Quartz wrote:

      Deadly wrote:

      Quartz wrote:

      In what way is it unfair?
      As Tesco said, people could know it's a barbarian attack and thus could join on their side. Let's say you're either hunting a player or just raiding an island with your alliance, the moment you see that the barbarian attack took more than a round to finish the battle, you'll know there's an army inside that town, trapped fighting the barbs.. So you go for it first.Just a quick random scenario.
      That would likely invoke repercussions - they would be on the CR and that might escalate into a war.
      come at me bro :P