Defending strategies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Defending strategies

    Hello there,

    so this question is more about sea battles on the defending side.
    it does happen for any player that u will find yourself on the defense whether in ur or in an ally town. but i feel like the defender is at a disadvantage when considering waving and the fact that he gets defense points while leavng the glossy offensive points for the enemy.

    so is there a way to :
    -wave as a defender in sea battle both in ur own town and in an ally town ?
    - switch the battle and be on the offense instead ? ik this is kinda weird but i did see it happen in a land battle and i wanna know how to do it myself at sea if possible

    plz use screenshots if possible,

    Thank you !
    "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

  • the defender can be actual at the advantage as he controls the battle.

    1st thing is are you online to see the fight starting? if so send the ships you want to wave away so you can wave them in later on.

    2nd thing are you in your town? if you are in your town you can retreat units and add them in when you want (i believe)

    if youre in someone elses town. then you should of been caught with your pants down.

    anyway how to control the battle:

    GARRISON LIMIT this is massive. you can play with this. they will more than likely be sending 21 fires per round. but if you can jump the battle field you can kill off some of there SRs (ofc make sure you have the right numbers yourself). they may send in 35 fires next round to wave properly for the boosted field next round. if your smart you could put him below garrison again. so you kill more fires.

    the other thing you can do is pop colossus level 4. then they wont have full lines and you may kill them more that way.

    so if you can set a trap the defender can actually have way more of an advantage then the attacker.
  • i do know how to wave from a different town if i station prior and do use field size . but how exactly do u "retreat" ur units in the middle of battle ?
    Can we go on the step details for this point ?
    "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

  • Quartz wrote:

    You click the white flag and - if you are in one of your own cities - the game will ask you which units you wish to retreat. These units will reappear 4 hours (16 rounds) later. This is useful in mega-battles.
    helpful indeed , but is there any faster way to wave units once the battle have started ?
    "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

  • If they battle is in your own town, whiteflagging is immediate and there's no one hour wait.

    Some things to consider.
    As mentioned, the garrison limit is useful. If you manipulate it from the regular battlefield size for that town and the overflow, changing it at your whim, then it can really mess up your opponent. (Send stuff to arrive almost last second to keep your opponent from knowing what's gonna happen.) That's done by getting more ships in than the garrison limit and also retreating. (Again where own town whiteflag can work well.) And while it's harder when defending in another person's town, it's still doable.

    As for becoming the attacker, that would be by retreating all your forces, letting them occupy you, and rebelling immediately. (I'd send a flame wave en route to come a few seconds after the battle ends to restart it.) The downside of this is that now your enemy would see the actions to the town and additionally you would no longer control the garrison limit. But on the other hand, it can allow you to hit their PWRs more than they expected.


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • We're both wrong, but Unwise is more right than me. I've just been attacked by the Barbarians so had an opportunity to test. Retreat does happen immediately, and the troops appear in the garrison. If you then go to the Island View you can click Defend Town, and all your resting troops will join the defence. But they won't join the actual combat until an hour has passed since you had them retreat.
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • Quartz wrote:

    We're both wrong, but Unwise is more right than me. I've just been attacked by the Barbarians so had an opportunity to test. Retreat does happen immediately, and the troops appear in the garrison. If you then go to the Island View you can click Defend Town, and all your resting troops will join the defence. But they won't join the actual combat until an hour has passed since you had them retreat.
    Wait what? I remember them being able to join immediately the next round before the few times I fought defensively in my own town.


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

    Quartz wrote:

    We're both wrong, but Unwise is more right than me. I've just been attacked by the Barbarians so had an opportunity to test. Retreat does happen immediately, and the troops appear in the garrison. If you then go to the Island View you can click Defend Town, and all your resting troops will join the defence. But they won't join the actual combat until an hour has passed since you had them retreat.
    Wait what? I remember them being able to join immediately the next round before the few times I fought defensively in my own town.

    I tried it just yesterday and it was an hour. The troops disappear from the garrison immediately but actually join the fight an hour later.

    07.07.2017 11:05:09Armed forces from Quartz[UGS] have withdrawn from the battle: 2 archers
    07.07.2017 12:05:09Armed forces from Quartz[UGS] have arrived as support: 2 archers
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.