Let spies move among foreign towns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Let spies move among foreign towns

Do you like this suggestion? 33
      Yes (29) 88%
      No (4) 12%
    General Information:

What are you suggesting?
    Ability of spies to move among foreign cities without having to always retreat the spy home before sending him to another city.
    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?
    It will make espionage more practical.

Suggestion Reason:
    It's often quite annoying when you want to spy multiple towns on the same Island and you have to either send a group of spies to each towns or retreat the spies from first town and only then send them to another town.

Special Notes:

Reported - 0084086

The post was edited 4 times, last by -Hera- ().

• The idea is nice, and it doesn't make spying OP. After all spies are humanoids, able to move and should be treated as soldiers with a different mission/type of units.

Spying can be counter spied always anyway
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • I like the idea. I would like to push for all missions over 75% to successed as mine never win also. However 56% wins everytime :thumbsup: Got to love the spy missions.

Lost 2 at 95% today. Not my day. Hopefully they didn't give the guy all my details. My address, DOB, social security number, mother madon name ect ect. Stupid spies.
  • Tesco wrote:

I like the idea. I would like to push for all missions over 75% to successed as mine never win also. However 56% wins everytime :thumbsup: Got to love the spy missions.

Lost 2 at 95% today. Not my day. Hopefully they didn't give the guy all my details. My address, DOB, social security number, mother madon name ect ect. Stupid spies.
    Hahaha 56% and 67% are like 100% chance of success, they never fail
  • Dzon Snijezni wrote:

Tesco wrote:

I like the idea. I would like to push for all missions over 75% to successed as mine never win also. However 56% wins everytime :thumbsup: Got to love the spy missions.

Hahaha 56% and 67% are like 100% chance of success, they never fail
    Let me write this down.
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • Tesco wrote:

Hopefully they didn't give the guy all my details. My address, DOB, social security number, mother madon name ect ect. Stupid spies.
    Lol dude.. the spies would only give-out information of your account in-game only, not in real life.
    I think so at least, could a game administrator confirm that? @iotsak

..sarcasm
    THE SYNDICATE
    [SYN]
  • whatever is the case, I think having an option to retreat or move to another town would come in handy a lot and also could save you some precious time. And all without making spies "OP", because it really isn't any special abilty at all :D.
  • I've just thought of a very good reason to disallow this: it would allow stocking of spies in inactive towns in wartime. Suppose you're at war with another player and there's an inactive town on her island. You send your spies there, and when your spies in the player's town get caught, you can quickly re-stock. So I'm changing my vote to a No.
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • Quartz wrote:

I've just thought of a very good reason to disallow this: it would allow stocking of spies in inactive towns in wartime. Suppose you're at war with another player and there's an inactive town on her island. You send your spies there, and when your spies in the player's town get caught, you can quickly re-stock. So I'm changing my vote to a No.
    but then you wouldn't have any defensive spies and you would get spied easier?
  • I think it plays cleaner the way it is.

If you want an in-game rationale:
    • Need to pass along the information they obtain.
    • Need to decompress and receive new orders.
    • The longer your spies are away from their home area, the greater the chance they become co-opted and turned and instead begin to pass along information about you and submit disinformation to you.

Pluto wrote:

Nothing against him, but I'd really like to hear the reason of the one who doesn't like this idea :D.
  • to your 1st and 2nd point: That way the spies should also need to go home after every single mission. It's better to say they use pigeon post or something like that.

3rd: You can have a spy in the town for months so that's basically the same.

nemenku wrote:

• The longer your spies are away from their home area, the greater the chance they become co-opted and turned and instead begin to pass along information about you and submit disinformation to you.

Pluto wrote:

Nothing against him, but I'd really like to hear the reason of the one who doesn't like this idea :D.

• nemenku wrote:

I think it plays cleaner the way it is.

Pluto wrote:

but this isn't how it works currently. You get the information for garrison or warehouses instantly ? Without the spies coming home to tell us?

If we can tell our spies to do warehouses, garrison and online status, why can't we tell them go to this place after?
  • Tesco wrote:

Quartz wrote:

I've just thought of a very good reason to disallow this: it would allow stocking of spies in inactive towns in wartime. Suppose you're at war with another player and there's an inactive town on her island. You send your spies there, and when your spies in the player's town get caught, you can quickly re-stock. So I'm changing my vote to a No.
    but then you wouldn't have any defensive spies and you would get spied easier?
    Not really. In fact, absolutely not.
    With this multi thing, you can use one account to do ALL the spying for your alliance. And this account has no risk involved...
    In the old days, at least in my alliance, when multis were not allowed, we had some ally members who were not involved in the 'war' thing simply sends out tons of spies. And it is their tasks to inform us about their spy information.

In any case, I'm not too keen about this suggestion. I find too easily 'abused'.
    You'll Never Walk Alone