Gain offensive points by attacking Barbarians

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gain offensive points by attacking Barbarians

Do you like this suggestion? 14
        Yes (2) 14%
        No (12) 86%
      General Information:

Right now, when you attack the Barbarians and win, you do not get Offensive Points. I want that to change.

What are you suggesting?

Players should get the full Offensive Point values for fighting the Barbarians.

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

It will change the high score tables. No big deal.

Suggestion Reason:

Giving a player zero points for defeating the Barbarians gives other players a false impression of that player's fighting ability. It also normalises fighting by treating the Barbarians as any other enemy.

Special Notes:

I'm not sure if Defence Points are similarly treated but if so, then they too should be changed.
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.

The post was edited 1 time, last by -Hera- ().

• Stupid idea. People's whole playing style is to hit the barbs. I use to hit them every waking hour of the day. I don't want to have 100k offence points for that. Barbs don't take skill. Nope me no like-ey
    • sorry, i genuinely dont want offensive points to be acquired through barbarians, it will decrease the meaning of having or seeking OP rankings. which i believe is a big deal for many fighters out there.
      "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

• The problem is barbarians can't be treated as any other player. They can't wave troops, bring in reinforcement etc.
      Also a normal player would most likely do a (real) revenge attack (barbarians won't even make it past the wall most times).

I agree that giving zero points for attacking barbarians isn't the best solution either, but as I've said, you can't use the same scale for attacking AI as for attacking real player.
    • Even if the idea sounds good in the begin - Barbarians is not a part of real fights in the game, they are just for individual's training purposes, so I can't see much sense in this idea.
      Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Quartz wrote:

The origin of the idea was when I was accused by another player of being militarily inactive when I was not.
      Despite understanding what you are saying, the contrary can be said about one's play and one's offensive points.
      Let's say offensive points are added when you hit barbarians. Then it will actually mean that other players will now attack you thinking that you are some 'military ace'?

As some already mentioned above, hitting barbarians does not mean 'offensive'. Offensive is when a player attacks another player; and that other player can hit you back, if he wants.
      Yes, I know barbarians hit back... but hey! come on! let's face it, when barbarians smash their heads against a +40 wall level... I would hardly call that defensive points!
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Indeed you are. And no doubt, a player can spend a lot of frontline and swords, and bombs/gyros (for the high level barbarians) . For the rest, he will need to spend time recalling and waving in fresh artilleries and long-ranch.

But, then that would also mean a need for a 'counter-action'.... the defensive points.
      And as I mentioned above, I would hardly call barbarians smashing their heads against your wall as defensive points.

The title 'Scourge of the Barbarians' is one way of showing your defeat "military activeness" against the barbarians. And it's hard to get that title...

edit: sorry, not 'defeat' (!), but "military activeness" against the barbarians!
      You'll Never Walk Alone

The post was edited 1 time, last by iots ().

• Quartz wrote:

But I'm still expending resources - in the form of troops - to gain those points. That seems reasonable to me.
      Just observing this idea as a neutral, perhaps you might suggest a new offensive points-like score to be added that's specifically tailored to the barbarians?

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you