Request for a merge!

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Request for a merge!

Greetings!

As you can tell by the title - this is a call for a server merge.

Here is simple statistics for Demeter server:

* The server was launched on 22.04.2016,
      * at this current moment there are 488 accounts left on Demeter,
      * from which 87 accounts are inactive,
      * 71 account are in "Vacation" mode,
      * 330 accounts are active and running (?),
      * 230 from 488 accounts are smaller than 50,000 total score points.

As the leader of biggest alliance (by number of members) I'm concerned - multiple our members have already left the game due to lack of competition and uninteresting/boring gameplay. Central islands on good miracles aren't even half full and mostly occupied by our main or multi-accounts. It's extra hard to fill-up Cultural Good treaty slots. Markets are empty and trade is slacking. :sleeping:

I write in name of whole alliance and multiple other players from different alliances - we feel like it's about time to be merged. If it will continue like this - by the end of this summer Demeter's population will shrink twice if not even more.

To make this request serious - all players who support this message will enter "Vacation" mode on July 15th, 2017 if by that date there will not be a response or a statement issued from any GameForge representative.
    • as Hannibal mentioned, Demeter is in urgent need for a merger. but it didnt just happen overnight, we have been suffering from low activity for months now and every day it became more and more silent as the players quit the game or leave to other servers. but recently it became so extreme that the server is almost not playable anymore.
      it is a push and pull state now between the very few players remaining and it becomes more boring everyday that im afraid the server wont last much longer.

i support Hannibal's request and hope we get a quick reply from the ones responsible.
      "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

• I am solitary on 4 islands, sharing with ONE neighbor on an island, 2 neighbors on another and only the last one is full with no donations needed. The other islands used to be full before the area was deserted and no one ever came to play in that area at all so I do suicidal tries to donate for resources on them. Please, MERGE.
      PHRO Founder
      Kikoguns

Board Rules - Support
    • Hello there!

I am an old school player who played this game from early begins until 2010. A month, or two ago, Ikariam came back to my mind and I wanted to feel this great game once again. I decided to give Ikariam one more try, as good old memories kept coming back to my mind. I have joined Demeter as I thought it would be easier to grow on newer server, because I wouldnt be that much behind the rest of the players.

But the feeling I have developed over past few weeks is something totally opposite to what I have expected. Although I like "new" changes to the game, changes I havent experienced before 2010, I lack a feeling of being part of a community. I am surrounded with a bunch of inactive players, or players who log in few times a week: I hoped to meet new people who would help me catch all the ropes in, for me new, Ikariam. I have found it very difficult to deal with very simple and basic parts of the game as finding a cultural treaty partners. What is more, I have a real feeling that just a couple of dozen players are playing on this server, and the rest of semi-inactive account are their multi accounts. All of that leaves newcomers in a very difficult situation to deal with.

When I joined Ikariam again, I hoped to become a part of active community of players willing to help each other, as well to joins wars between alliances as it is essential part of this game. I am very afraid that I cant find real joys of Ikariam on this server, which is rather dying than anything else. I really like the proposal of merging with another server, an event that would keep me stick to the game once again. Merging would solve most of the problems mentioned above and it would be much more fun to play on active server, instead on dying one which feels like a waste of time.

I am looking forward to GO's understanding of this problem and hopefully solution in upcoming weeks.

Thanks for your time, sincerely
      wrathcild
    • Something needs to be done to reinvigorate this game and I support a server merge.#
      Highbeech

" Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
      we come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, men. "
      from 'Star Trekkin' by the Firm

If we could see the future, hindsight would become redundant. -- that ones mine ;)
    • as Hannibal mentioned, Demeter is in urgent need for a merger. W
      We have been suffering from low activityfor months now and every day it became more and more silent as the
      players quit the game or leave to other servers.

Of late there seems to be so few players it is barely playable.

i support Hannibal's request and hope we get a quick reply from the ones responsible.
    • i understand that a merge is not an easy and quick thing to decide and do. and that it will take a while for the necessary communications to take place;However, we need a reply Here from someone responsible so we atleast know whether our request was heard or we need a different way to do the request.
      our initial statement is still in place with all of it's points and demands and we do hope we get a reply soon.
      "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

• Lol. ill be hitting VM a day late, but just gone down the high score list matching up multi accounts to who i know they belong to, and of course the hundred odd VPN multi's belonging to a certain alliance that is perfectly legal and all and it dawned on me, with us all in VM, Demeter maybe has 40 players that actually still play, and that could be generous as i'm not sure all the bigger players are 'unique' players either.

Maybe we will get a merge, maybe Demeter will be renamed 'Farmville' or maybe they will just delete the server and have done with it.