Settings for each account

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Settings for each account

Do you like this suggestion? 5
      Yes (4) 80%
      No (1) 20%
    General Information:

I know someone suggested the zoom option sometime in the past.
    I now agree with him, but I want more.
    Zoom percent is not enough.

What are you suggesting?

I suggest a new option tab in Options and it has to contain the following:

- zoom % - GF knows the limits (min and max)

- position X,Y of the town map

- position X,Y of the island map

- position X,Y of the advisors window (messages, researches, etc) - the size is already displayed automatically by the game. I need only the upper left corner to be fixed at a defined point on screen.

- position X,Y of the shop window which is much bigger and can be set very high.

- default quantity in port (500, 5000, 10000) - Sometimes this is memorized but not always, most of the times it is set to 500 frequently.

- town to be displayed at login. I do not need to see the capital all the time. It memorizes another town only in some conditions like transporting resources, but not always.

- Button for "Set" and "Reset to defaults"

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

And these settings have to be saved for each account you have, individually, either on different worlds, or on same world.

Suggestion Reason:

Improved display and management of accounts.

Special Notes:

The post was edited 3 times, last by -Hera- ().

• Settings for quantity and zooming are saved in cookies, afaik.

Quantity use to be reset with server update/restart.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • If you have multiple accounts on the same server some accounts reset the quantity to 500 and some do not. Randomly and without any server reset or update. That is why it is better to have them saved for each account.
    Cookies are not reliable, also in some cases GOs recommend to delete them for better performance of the browser or to solve some other problems.
    Zoom and position are reset randomly.
    For new accounts with only one town zoom and position are not saved at all. The account saves those settings only if you transport something between towns, and not always even in this case, and if you do not have more towns then zoom and position are not saved.
  • Hopla wrote:

Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.

90 Days + have passed unfortunately this community (or any other community at this point in time) have not given enough votes for it to be moved into Reported Suggestions. Therefore, I am going to have to reject this suggestion.

Thank you for your contributions. :)

Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..

Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

Board Rules | Support