Morailty of Multies?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Morality wrote:

    Like thats the point. The community is complaining about this and you guys dont even care. How can we know if they are breaking the rules? All we can do is guess. And its so easy to abuse the rules.

    Its pretty obvious the system is broken when a player admits that he is using multies for his piracy game(In a message) and you report this player with the evidence and nothing happens.

    You guys have created rules that are so easy to abuse. To say, since its legal, its fine is such a stupid statement and i now see why this game has no chance to recover.
    And your solution is what? Reveal data about other (reported) player? Not gonna happen. Ban someone only because you think he's abusing rules - no way, without stable proofs our hands are tied. Punish someone because he writes he has multis - that's not a proof.

    Sorry, this all may sound that I'm weird, incompetent or just don't want to help, but in reality I've worked as a teamler since almost the very begin of Ikariam and have seen things from many sides. Nowadays when there are so many possibilities to hide or change your IP address it's almost impossible to catch all illegal multi accounts. It's just a reality. As I used to say: as long as we don't have a WEB camera behind each player and login doesn't require fingerprint or passport there will be always people who do violate rules but which can't be caught.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Yeah, thats the point of what i just wrote. You guys have created rules that are ment to get abused. Like, you allow multies. Then you create a game where in order to win, you have to have multies(piracy).

    Punish someone for saying they broke a rule? How is that not proof? Only dumb players make direct contact with their multies now a days. The fact is that you guys are allowing cross-piracy which is a joke.

    You didnt even adress that part of the post.

    Player 1 feeds Player 2 with Player-1-Multi
    Player 2 feeds Player 2 with Player-2-multi

    Right now Ikariam is not even about skil. Its all about abusing dumb rules. Who can create and abuse most multies.

    Was this problem huge back in the days where multies werent allowed? NO! Did people do it? YES. But it was such a small fraction and people shunned upon those who did it. So it was very rare to see players create more accounts as 1 person. Now a days it is encouraged by your rules. And the only way to win piracy or in general to do well is abusing multies.

    And before you say: "Multies were needed due to server merging". There are COUNTLESS better options that allowing multies for such a small problem.

    And even then, that doesnt explain why multies are allowed in NEW servers.
  • Morality wrote:

    Brom wrote:

    Morality wrote:

    That is such a weird response to an issue in ikariam. Since its legal, its fine? Yeah, obviously i am aware its legal, thats why i bring it up lol?
    To use the rule book as a morailty guide is also very weird. Its not even about multi accounts.

    No wonder the game is dying, when the staff does not even care to change it for the better.

    "As long as they don't get a real benefit (resources, gold or piracy points) from each other, don't make fleet, trading or piracy contacts, and don't make contacts with the same player at the same time - there's nothing against rules."

    I am curous about this part of your statement. How do you guys know if they do these kinds of things? I know multiple players who have done this, but only because i reported them they have been caught. But its almost impossible for me to know if my opponent is breaking the rules. So does the game have something that detects if piracy points etc. have been from a multi?
    Fleet contact between multies is a dead give away and that gets you banned. No fleet contact and its hard to gain any advantage except for donations to mines and keeping miracle levels stable.
    The way the multies are organized in Ikariam is restrictive and in fact it would be a lot more fun if fleet contact were permitted. Would be chaotic and players who don't have multies would have hard time unless they are true experts. The simple truth is that without multies Ikariam would have to close most worlds due to the lack of players. Multies is what allows Ikariam to continue, its still declining in membership so multies are just postponing the end but at least we'll get a few more years out of the game.
    What about cross-piracy?

    Player 1 uses his multi to give to Player 2
    Player 2 uses his multi to give to Player 1.

    This can also be abused in terms of ressources.

    There is not MORE players in ikariam due to multies LOL? If you count a multi as a player, that is so dumb. There are less players in ikariam due to multies. If i land on an island with 5 players and they each have 2 multies, i only get to meet 5 players in total. Before i would have met 15 potential friends.

    No you wouldn't meet more players. Ikariam is dying that's the reason that GF merged worlds and allowed multies. Multies allow the worlds to be filled with accounts and cities and thus allow for further interaction. Yes, you might be meeting the same players but most often you don't know that and regardless it still allows you the opportunity to trade, loot, and fight with more accounts. If multies weren't allowed you'd have a fraction of the accounts there are. As such more islands would have less towns and there would be many more islands with no towns on them at all and at that point everyone would quit. So you see multies keep Ikariam alive, for the time it has left.
    Order of Skulls Soldier :xeno:
  • nemenku wrote:

    I agree with this. Although, I have become acquainted with more people on the Board than playing the game.

    Morality wrote:

    There is not MORE players in ikariam due to multies LOL? If you count a multi as a player, that is so dumb. There are less players in ikariam due to multies. If i land on an island with 5 players and they each have 2 multies, i only get to meet 5 players in total. Before i would have met 15 potential friends.

    So what are you supposed to do if the opponent alliance, just puts multies in your island and then puts them in vacation mode? Not only in your island, but ALL islands around you? Multies allow people to grief other poeple! What can you do in this situation? Dont tell me to do the same back. Its like saying reponse to violence with violence.
  • The limit to have multies should be reduced to not more than 2 or 3.
    Leader of UE Psi Retired Undefeated

    Leader of ELITE Apollon Retired Undefeated

    Former member of N-F but now in TMM, Rho.

    Member and sometimes Saxy General of _UE_, Demeters

    Allianceless in Pi.

    BLACK in Gaia.

    Leader of -W- in Hades

    Democratically Elected Chairman of Men Power Council (MPC) in spam section.

    The shit has sailed already!
  • hotdog wrote:

    The limit to have multies should be reduced to not more than 2 or 3.
    Honestly, multies is not even the problem. Its how they can be used and how the staff does NOTHING about it. Cross-piracy is allowed. Putting griefing multies is allowed. Like, whats even the point of playing if you can just ruin other people's island with multies now?
  • Well reducing multies is still effective technique to reduce the cheats capacity. GF is already crying about not being able to stop them.
    Leader of UE Psi Retired Undefeated

    Leader of ELITE Apollon Retired Undefeated

    Former member of N-F but now in TMM, Rho.

    Member and sometimes Saxy General of _UE_, Demeters

    Allianceless in Pi.

    BLACK in Gaia.

    Leader of -W- in Hades

    Democratically Elected Chairman of Men Power Council (MPC) in spam section.

    The shit has sailed already!