Ambrosia feature request: GS banks in Inventory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ambrosia feature request: GS banks in Inventory

Do you like this suggestion? 21
        Yes (9) 43%
        No (12) 57%
      General Information:

Let players bank their military units for a modest Ambrosia cost. The banked units become items in the inventory.

What are you suggesting?

The Decommission Units button would have its name changed slightly and have a Plus feature attached, allowing units to be banked - for a price - rather than decommissioned. I suggest a price of 1 Ambrosia for 1K GS as a starting point, with reductions when banking larger numbers (this can be reduced or increased after play evaluation). Once banked, the units become items in the inventory just like reward items are now.

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

I've noted the UI change above. I foresee considerable (overall) expenditure of Ambrosia by players taking advantage of this feature.

Suggestion Reason:

Generals banks have long been a problem. So if you can't beat them, join them! This feature would allow players to have GS banks without multiple accounts. It was originally intended that everything could be done without Ambrosia, just taking longer, and Ambrosia just smoothed the ride, so let us use Ambrosia to avoid the hassle of messing with separate accounts for GS banks. And if a player wants to spend 1000 A to bank a 1M GS, good for her (and Gameforge!)

Special Notes:
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.

The post was edited 1 time, last by -Hera- ().

• Not voted yet, but 1 ambrosia for 1k GS.

Jesus, I would crush Gaia server with that when most players don't even have 5k generals.
      I think it's concering how insanely powerful it is for young servers. I've not voted yet because damn, it would sound fun and i'd definitely use it too, but maybe it needs to have a delivery time delay. 24 hours per 1k GS, perhaps. Per town, so you could split it for faster delivery. As if your army is being shipped to you and each pack you try to reclaim gets added on to that que of incoming troop deliveries.

Maybe during a gauntlet war you reduce bank delivery speed to say 8 hours.
      Wondering what people are thinking, this sounds neat but OP as is.
      The gauntlet war addition could see a return to traditional old-school wars where you want to deny "war-mode banks" and make their troops take time to arrive.
      GAIA
      UNstoppable [-UN-]
      No positivity allowed anymore.
    • Gaia is a new server. On Beta there is a GS bank hosting over 5M GS. That would be over 5,000 Ambrosia. And there are 15 with a GS of over 1M. Players without access to GS banks need some way of countering that. This suggestion builds on a facility that already exists: achievement rewards in the form of packages of units. They're in your inventory and can be immediately deployed. So build on that by letting players purchase those packages. It's a win for the player who's prepared to pay and it's a win for Gameforge.
    • If you want more support, I'd suggest you make it clearer what you are proposing, and that what you propose is simplified.

I guess you could say that the model is like having civilian reserves: trained, but not active, so there is little cost for upkeep. But, there are so many things in the game which aren't realistic, it's not necessary to model it on reality.

Initially, I read the proposal as enabling players to pay in the past a specified amount of ambrosia to bank their existing military, avoiding the ongoing cost per unit. Now, it seems to have morphed into providing an avenue for players to buy in the future a large numbers of forces, including a suggestion that there be a hold-off period after purchase, withe ability to divide the purchased package(s) among towns.

Either way, I am against this since I think it breaks the game (even more).

I think that a different proposal to have a period (48 hours?) during which military can't be sold after coming out of V-mode is a better solution to the problem of GS banks. And, if it isn't already, I think that research points, resources, and gold accumulation along with wine consumption should hard pause while in V-mode. If it's a vacation, all work should cease.
    • nemenku wrote:

I think that a different proposal to have a period (48 hours?) during which military can't be sold after coming out of V-mode is a better solution to the problem of GS banks. And, if it isn't already, I think that research points, resources, and gold accumulation along with wine consumption should hard pause while in V-mode. If it's a vacation, all work should cease.

That has been suggested before and I voted in favour of it but that suggestion has fallen on deaf ears. My proposal give a profit motive for Gameforge to implement it.

Can you explain why my suggestion breaks the game even more? It provides an ambrosia alternative to multi accounts.
    • It was not so much the suggestion you originally proposed, but how it seemed to mutate during discussion. But, reading back through it again, I'm suspecting it's more that I didn't read that the way it was intended.

You yourself wrote that GenBanks are a problem. I'm against changes which support an increase in multis and and making GenBanks more "official".
    • I like the idea of countering the GS banks, and giving GF an incentive to do so, but I think that a limit should be put on how much GS worth of army can be called from your inventory per day. Say, 10k worth?

I'm not keen on the idea of someone going 0 to 200k GS in 5 minutes.

Targeting the GS bank accounts would sort out that problem better (since it seems that is the point of this suggestion). I like nemenku's solution to this,

nemenku wrote:

I think that a different proposal to have a period (48 hours?) during which military can't be sold after coming out of V-mode is a better solution to the problem of GS banks.
      but I do agree with Quartz that GF needs some motivation to sort this!
      Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
      Knight Republic Alliance (KOR): World Alpha
      For Life
    • Yrael wrote:

I like the idea of countering the GS banks, and giving GF an incentive to do so, but I think that a limit should be put on how much GS worth of army can be called from your inventory per day. Say, 10k worth?

Let's get the suggestion implemented, then we can see if it needs refining. That said, seeing as generals banks can release millions of GS in a day I don't think this will work.
    • nemenku wrote:

Initially, I read the proposal as enabling players to pay in the past a specified amount of ambrosia to bank their existing military, avoiding the ongoing cost per unit. Now, it seems to have morphed into providing an avenue for players to buy in the future a large numbers of forces, including a suggestion that there be a hold-off period after purchase, withe ability to divide the purchased package(s) among towns.

No, your original reading was correct.