Update to Board Rules

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Update to Board Rules

    So the board Rules were made in 2009, isn’t it about time for them to be updated?

    I make a new Board account every server to hide my new name. This has never been a problem in the past however recently I have been banned. Now I’m not talking about that as banned accounts can’t be discussed. However I am just calling for the rules to be brought up to date along side the ikariam Rules.

    In ikariam you are fine to have multiple accounts. So why can’t you have multiple on the boards. They can see which accounts share IP so what’s the issue. If they are not harming anyone should there be a problem?

    Also words like ‘stupid’ arnt reportable in game. On the boards is a verbal warning. (Go Guide 5.0). Shouldn’t we see some consistancy between game and forum?
  • Board is different from the game, so don't expect to have the same rules in both places. E.g. - the text in the board is visible for anyone (even unregistered users), while in the game it affects only receiver, island neighbours or alliance members.

    I really can't any valid reason for allowing multi account on boards (which won't happen anyway), if only for trolling or avoiding from the penalty for another account.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Ofc there’s a reason for multiple accounts on the boards. If you play 2 accounts properly in games you might want to post CRs from 2 accounts.

    One could be from an old server you played on. One could be from a new server. I don’t want people to know who I am. There’s more reason to have multiple accounts on the boards than there is in game.
  • my accounts on the boards through the years

    Groot
    One
    Tesco
    Kermit the frog
    Xxxxxx

    All different servers. I don’t want people knowing who I was on a server before. I want a fresh start. Only now been banned even though the new account hadnt do anything wrong...
  • I thought I gave you enough explanation in my last message. I just need to add that I play 2 servers and have one board account visual to everyone and no need to hide your game identity. You can change your name as much as you want in game but not here. As long as you are the same person, you should post from one account similar to any social media website.

    I hope I am more clear..
    PHRO Founder
    Kikoguns

    Board Rules - Support
  • Kikoguns wrote:

    I thought I gave you enough explanation in my last message. I just need to add that I play 2 servers and have one board account visual to everyone and no need to hide your game identity. You can change your name as much as you want in game but not here. As long as you are the same person, you should post from one account similar to any social media website.

    I hope I am more clear..
    Sorry but thats ridiculous. i could have a piracy account causing mayhem i dont want to post on the boards using my normal account. i could have 2 accounts in different alliances both could be at war and need to post.

    on social media i dont make enemies every server and want to start fresh. if i did i would make another account. also people do have multiple accounts on social media to catfish people. maybe i want to catfish people in game :P

    you may play multiple servers but under the same name. i dont want to play under the same name. i would like to hide who i am. thats whats great about a game you can be whoever you want to be.
  • Why are all the 'Staff' single minded. You created new servers 3-6 months. ive played pretty much every server in the last 2/3 years. 6 out of the last 7 servers ive had an account on. i should be able to pick and choose my play style for each server.

    say on Charon a player went really aggressive in piracy, raided everyone. if then i see his name on demeter i might want to focus him from the start.

    or on one server i went crazy attacking everyone one server top on offensive points. maybe the next server i want to just chill and build. someone may see the name and want to get payback.

    new servers should be for a fresh start. each account its own persona its own legacy its own enemies and allies. In game you let people be whoever they desire to be.

    but on the boards you have to be the same old Joe Bloggs. incredible.
  • Tesco wrote:

    Kikoguns wrote:

    I thought I gave you enough explanation in my last message. I just need to add that I play 2 servers and have one board account visual to everyone and no need to hide your game identity. You can change your name as much as you want in game but not here. As long as you are the same person, you should post from one account similar to any social media website.

    I hope I am more clear..
    Sorry but thats ridiculous. i could have a piracy account causing mayhem i dont want to post on the boards using my normal account. i could have 2 accounts in different alliances both could be at war and need to post.
    on social media i dont make enemies every server and want to start fresh. if i did i would make another account. also people do have multiple accounts on social media to catfish people. maybe i want to catfish people in game :P

    you may play multiple servers but under the same name. i dont want to play under the same name. i would like to hide who i am. thats whats great about a game you can be whoever you want to be.
    "Catfish" sounds like trolling which is also not allowed on board. Guess I should be so sorry to tell you that the community board is not the place for you if this is the way you think. We have the right to ban accounts used by the same user here.
    PHRO Founder
    Kikoguns

    Board Rules - Support
  • Kikoguns wrote:

    Tesco wrote:

    Kikoguns wrote:

    I thought I gave you enough explanation in my last message. I just need to add that I play 2 servers and have one board account visual to everyone and no need to hide your game identity. You can change your name as much as you want in game but not here. As long as you are the same person, you should post from one account similar to any social media website.

    I hope I am more clear..
    Sorry but thats ridiculous. i could have a piracy account causing mayhem i dont want to post on the boards using my normal account. i could have 2 accounts in different alliances both could be at war and need to post.on social media i dont make enemies every server and want to start fresh. if i did i would make another account. also people do have multiple accounts on social media to catfish people. maybe i want to catfish people in game :P

    you may play multiple servers but under the same name. i dont want to play under the same name. i would like to hide who i am. thats whats great about a game you can be whoever you want to be.
    "Catfish" sounds like trolling which is also not allowed on board. Guess I should be so sorry to tell you that the community board is not the place for you if this is the way you think. We have the right to ban accounts used by the same user here.
    Your trolling me. i can troll back. you say people dont have multiple social medias. people can have a business one, social one. one just for friends. this is a game. i should be able to be who i want to be. like i thought you could be on this game. whats the last servers you played? i bet you havent played on the new ones? they are so fast pace. why shouldnt i be able to change my name. alot of people are doing it. maybe you 'Staff' should stay up to date.
  • Please check again the Board Rules to understand what is "Trolling" here.

    I play on some new servers and moderate others of them.

    I hope we are done here because we're not moving any forward with this discussion. Instead we're just repeating ourselves. :)

    I hope I could give you any sort of help here. The Rules may be tough here but we all should follow it because even we "staff" are not allowed to change them. We just follow and post them to the users. :)
    PHRO Founder
    Kikoguns

    Board Rules - Support
  • Kikoguns wrote:

    Please check again the Board Rules to understand what is "Trolling" here.

    I play on some new servers and moderate others of them.

    I hope we are done here because we're not moving any forward with this discussion. Instead we're just repeating ourselves. :)

    I hope I could give you any sort of help here. The Rules may be tough here but we all should follow it because even we "staff" are not allowed to change them. We just follow and post them to the users. :)
    if trolling isnt allowed why did you start with silly replies. if you play on new servers you should know some of my names. you should see why i make a new account on the boards ever server yet you are blind.

    no keep this up i want Hera to have an input.

    if Staff cant change the rules who can. put me infront of the right people.
  • Kikoguns wrote:

    You said you use different names, so I can't know who you are that easy, plus I can't invest time looking for certain players or users. I either play or moderate certain sections in the forum here. :)
    In game. how did you become a mod? seriously? you guys always know who i am on every server you have my IP. i want to hide who i am from other players as i find that more fun. but when i start a new server i want to be able to start a new board account. why are you being so stupid. open your eyes.

    can you leave my thread before you get me banned again.
  • You acted against board rules, you admitted to breaking the board rules and you want to continue doing that.
    Now that you have been caught breaking the rules (in-game and on the boards) you started to insult the staff. Your reasons are just childish reasons. Your friends and enemies already know who you are because you cannot hide yourself, from them and for the others it does not matter. What you want is irrelevant. There are some rules and you like all of us have to follow them.
    It's like you insult the clerk for not letting you behind the counter, simply because you want to cross the line despite the fact that this is forbidden.
    So, maybe it is time to measure your words and tone, respect other people and follow the rules.
  • Antikythera wrote:

    You acted against board rules, you admitted to breaking the board rules and you want to continue doing that.
    Now that you have been caught breaking the rules (in-game and on the boards) you started to insult the staff. Your reasons are just childish reasons. Your friends and enemies already know who you are because you cannot hide yourself, from them and for the others it does not matter. What you want is irrelevant. There are some rules and you like all of us have to follow them.
    It's like you insult the clerk for not letting you behind the counter, simply because you want to cross the line despite the fact that this is forbidden.
    So, maybe it is time to measure your words and tone, respect other people and follow the rules.

    have you even been reading?

    what rules in game have i broke? i havent broke any. im insulting the staff because like them youre not reading what im saying. my friends know who i am my enemies dont. as im under a new name on the new server. amazing what happens when you read. if you did you would know that.

    im asking for an update of the rules to allow for new accounts on the boards for different servers. why is that so hard to grasp? it is perfectly logical.
  • Tesco wrote:

    Antikythera wrote:

    You acted against board rules, you admitted to breaking the board rules and you want to continue doing that.
    Now that you have been caught breaking the rules (in-game and on the boards) you started to insult the staff. Your reasons are just childish reasons. Your friends and enemies already know who you are because you cannot hide yourself, from them and for the others it does not matter. What you want is irrelevant. There are some rules and you like all of us have to follow them.
    It's like you insult the clerk for not letting you behind the counter, simply because you want to cross the line despite the fact that this is forbidden.
    So, maybe it is time to measure your words and tone, respect other people and follow the rules.

    have you even been reading?
    what rules in game have i broke? i havent broke any. im insulting the staff because like them youre not reading what im saying. my friends know who i am my enemies dont. as im under a new name on the new server. amazing what happens when you read. if you did you would know that.

    im asking for an update of the rules to allow for new accounts on the boards for different servers. why is that so hard to grasp? it is perfectly logical.
    the only time ive been banned in gamet was from you and it got overturned, because you dont know the rules. please fully understand what is being said before trying to insult back

    Childish for changing my name? the only way people know who i am from previous servers is if you tell them. you telling me GOs or SGOs told them? that would be breaking rules wouldnt it...
  • Antikythera wrote:

    You acted against board rules, you admitted to breaking the board rules and you want to continue doing that.
    Now that you have been caught breaking the rules (in-game and on the boards) you started to insult the staff. Your reasons are just childish reasons. Your friends and enemies already know who you are because you cannot hide yourself, from them and for the others it does not matter. What you want is irrelevant. There are some rules and you like all of us have to follow them.
    It's like you insult the clerk for not letting you behind the counter, simply because you want to cross the line despite the fact that this is forbidden.
    So, maybe it is time to measure your words and tone, respect other people and follow the rules.


    This is just really weird and retarded, yes you may give me a bann now.
    I played last world as four, so indeed noone knows who I am. Are you trying to say, that my enemies know? I can tell you they don't.
    Now in this world I am someone else again, I am not playing as Four, I am not Four. New game, new name, what is wrong with that? But can I delete the board account, nope, I have not seen that option yet.
    Can I post CR's under my name, nope, only under Four, which makes no sense at all.

    You think name changing is childish? Well that is an insult! This is as far as I know a game, and in a game i can choose my character.
    Do I troll? Did i ever get banned? nope again, I am well behaved and play fair.

    It is 2017, even I know you can take on an identity on social media, not hard at all and also done by lots of people.

    I find this discussion insulting and i do get the feeling you pick on players you know and don't like. You presume trolling and and misbehaving ingame. But If that was the case then you would have found a way to bann Tesco.
    That is what I call childish behavior. You don't like him, get over it, it happens in life, not everyone likes you either.

    And then think about a real question that was asked here:
    If you can take on multiple accounts in game, why cannot you post under these names here, so it is clear to everyone who is posting.
    That is the question that needs to be discussed and answered.

    Then my question is, How can I delete an account, so I can post under the name I play with at this moment without braking rules.
    So either let me change accounts or let me have multiple accounts on this board. Which makes me think you might want to look into that, because I am sure there will be another account somewhere here that is mine from another world.

    Trolling is a complete different thing.
    I get the feeling that is what you here are doing with Tesco.


    Four, not being Four
  • Great, that is one part of the question answered.

    May I presume now, that you all agree with the fact that name changing is not trolling?
    So, therefor an apology to Tesco might be given.
    And maybe, you can answer that question of him now properly?

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Spidy ().