Discussion about mechanics in Ikariam

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Discussion about mechanics in Ikariam

I have returned to ikariam after a very long break. Sad to see that the staff etc. are worse than before, but whatever.

I just wanted to talk about mechanics in ikariam and tips. Just a way to get back into the game.

I can start out with something i want to learn about. When does the piracy game stop in-game time? Like, i've noticed it goes beyond 18:00? This is very crucial for the last day, where people might try to sneak up on you at the last second.
  • Piracy round ends at 18:02:XX where XX use to be from 0 till even 40 seconds. It's reported several times to Gameforge but so far it's quite hard to do anything about it because it depends on the server and necessary time for calculations and granting rewards.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Okay, good to know its 18:02:xx. You sure its not 18:01:xx? Pretty big detail. Just interessted in how you found out its always after 18:02.

Another thing i want to discuss is what to do against flying towns? I dont know the term. But people who have their palace 1 level higher and then use it to place colonies. Raid and then leave.

Is there nothing you can do about this? And is it really true that you are able to LEAVE the colony while it is occupied? That does not really make any sense. So, i just want to get some tips on how to deal with that.
  • You can abandon your colony when occupied by troops land & sea, but you can not abandon it when your colony with fortress is being locked - other player is sending piracy raid to your fortress on that colony
  • Morality wrote:

Okay, good to know its 18:02:xx. You sure its not 18:01:xx? Pretty big detail. Just interessted in how you found out its always after 18:02.
    Yes, it's 18:02 - it can be told in the pirate fortress by watching displayed remaining time.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Ratna wrote:

You can abandon your colony when occupied by troops land & sea, but you can not abandon it when your colony with fortress is being locked - other player is sending piracy raid to your fortress on that colony
    Very interesting. But should this not be changed? I mean, it would create a whole new aspect of Ikariam. Occupying aggresive players flying-colonies and then they have to make an effort to get it back. Well, thats what i would imagine would be the better mechanic.

Thanks for the tip with raiding the colony. Is it frowned upon to raid from a long distance to make sure they can never leave their flying-colony? I would imagine it is? Do you know about this?

Thanks for the answers btw. I appreciate it.

Here is something else i wonder about:

If i lose a battle on a island. Lets say i send from a occupied town in the same island. I have occupied town 1. I occupy town 2.
    I retreat. How long does it take for me to get back to town 1? Is it the normal time?

If i want to catch the army going back to town 1 from their loss. How do i approach this? Occupying/defending his occupied town, will result in him going to "space" right?
  • Morality wrote:

I just checked. In my server it says 28 min left at xx:33 min = xx:01?
    Yes - 28 minutes and less than 60 seconds left, which ends in 18:02.

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Morality wrote:

I just checked. In my server it says 28 min left at xx:33 min = xx:01?
    Yes - 28 minutes and less than 60 seconds left, which ends in 18:02.
    Okay thanks.

So if i send my raid and it hits at 18:02:xx, there is still a chance it will count for the round?

This is something else i've been wondering since i havent played a long time.

If i occupy a town and the player who is occupied presses "Free town" . Am i behind the wall or in front?
  • Kikoguns wrote:

both of you will be inside the town and no walls in between as logic works not as the old times. ;)
    Thanks!

Good to know. What happends if i occupy a town with troops. Then my blockade hits after? The ships just block the town or do they return? I had an interaction where my ships returned? But my troops occupied the town, so there must have not been any ships?
  • Kikoguns wrote:

When you block a port, your ships remain unless the account is inactive then ships return. If you're hitting a town by sea, you need to block the port first or your sailing troops will return empty handed when they arrive due to defensive ships.
    Yeah, but today my sailing troops occupied the town, but my fleet returned? What could be the reason of this mechanism?
    Obviously there was no fleet, since my troops got in?
  • Thanks

This is the lastest one i've been thinking about.

Lets say Alliance X jumps over to his alliance friend Y in another island(and town). He attacks a town on this island. He retreats. At this point his troops will return to the town on the island.

But what happends if he retreats after getting attacked on this town? Does he return to the same town in 1 hour or return to one of his main towns?
  • Morality wrote:

Thanks

This is the lastest one i've been thinking about.

Lets say Alliance X jumps over to his alliance friend Y in another island(and town). He attacks a town on this island. He retreats. At this point his troops will return to the town on the island.

But what happends if he retreats after getting attacked on this town? Does he return to the same town in 1 hour or return to one of his main towns?
    if your friend in alliance is being attacked while you return to his town, your troops join the ongoing battle.
    PHRO Founder
    Kikoguns

Board Rules - Support
  • Thats not what i asksed though.

He attacks a town from his alliance mates town.

He retreats and obviously returns to his alliance mate town in 1 hour + 15(travel time).

He then gets attacked in this town. He pulls the white flag again. Where does he end up?
  • Morality wrote:

Thats not what i asksed though.

He attacks a town from his alliance mates town.

He retreats and obviously returns to his alliance mate town in 1 hour + 15(travel time).

He then gets attacked in this town. He pulls the white flag again. Where does he end up?
    got it. probably troops return home since the ally town is still a foreign town, troops are scattered and return to home town.
    PHRO Founder
    Kikoguns

Board Rules - Support