noob asks question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• noob asks question

hi! if i create a mix of rocket ship, submarine, paddle speedboat, balloon carrier and tender, can the enemy fleet attack them? i am thinking of producing some of them first and then the others next. is it a good idea? what is your suggestion? thanks.

edit: currently not sure if i should create them because rocket ship and submarine has hulls and it's kinda confusing me. hulls = will fight to the front line, right? or not?
    • Your ship will not fight and scatter. To start a fight you need first, second line ships or flank ships.

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
      -Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
    • ok thanks. i created paddle and tender and they scattered when i was attacked.

assuming i wont have a problem with gold, munition and number of units, is it advisable to always go for mortars instead of catapult? i assume mortars will always win in terms of damage.

how about rocket vs subs? is it advisable to field rockets to kill fires/sr even though the enemy and i have fielded paddlesb and bc? bassically i want to always win damge %. is it possible? we are about to go to war and i am kinda scared, nervous and excited. thanks.

is it the same logic for mortars vs catapult in land?
    • Go with mortars over catapults every time. Except on some of the smaller battlefields (forgot which one) catapults were making more damage, cause you could fit more of them than the mortars.
      Use subs if enemy has fire front or is waving fire (mixed steam and fire front). I usually send 1st wave with subs to be on the safe side...if i see i need to send rockets i could always do so while if i send rockets first and then i see in need to use subs even if i send subs they won't fight cause rockets fight first.
      Use rockets when enemy has steam rams for front.
      No is not the same ad land, cause there aren't walls in sea battles =^_^=

-Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
    • thank you. i will take it into consideration.

btw, what will happen if i got colossus? is the result the same on land and navy? you see, i occupied a port as a starting point, i sent an attack (occupy port) to my target, i got colossus'd and my starting point occupation was gone, what happens? do i get to return safely to the town i chose prior to that attack? or i land on my previous port (the port i used as a starting point)?

what happens to the wave that i recalled now that i don't own the port anymore? will it stay there and trapped or return to my town(the one i chose as home)?
    • Wave recalled to town you don't own will scatter...unless you talking about land units going back to land occupation you still own but you only lost the port?
      Colossus acts on both navy and land battles same depending on the level.. your troops/ships will be back in your own town of origin, you can check when from military adviser when you hoover with the mouse over missing units.

-Richard Le Gallienne
    • Got it.

another question..

is it always like this? when i got attacked on my own town, i recalled some of my troops, it made me choose what units and how many. the problem is when i pressed join ground fight, they all joined. what should i do to be able to pick what and how many units to re-join the fight. basically, i want to troll attackers who can't destroy my wall and replenish munition from sc.
    • Yes you can always choose what to recall if you fight in your town. If you are defending..you can send whatever units you do NOT want to join the fight to another town and then re-join the battle with the rest of the units that are the ones that you want to fight.

-Richard Le Gallienne