Change Hephaestus Forge to affect wave times

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Change Hephaestus Forge to affect wave times

Do you like this suggestion? 20
        Yes (5) 25%
        No (15) 75%
      General Information:

Currently when you wave troops there's a one hour delay. I'd like the Hephaestus' Forge to affect that. Think of it, if you will as a Poseidon for (ahem) waving.

What are you suggesting?

When activated, the Forge affects the delay time before troops can return to battle.

At Miracle Level 1 the delay time is reduced by 10%
      At Miracle Level 2 the delay time is reduced by 15%
      At Miracle Level 3 the delay time is reduced by 20%
      At Miracle Level 4 the delay time is reduced by 30%
      At Miracle Level 5 the delay time is reduced by 50%

Flavour text: "Hephaestus' Forge speeds the repairs and rearmament needed for your troops' return to battle."

Duration would be 1 day and cooldown 1 week (as now).

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

It will eliminate the dependency on the Forge.

Suggestion Reason:

The Forge is pretty much an 'I win' button. You can't fight without it. As such it needs to be changed.

Special Notes:

This would affect only troops for which you have chosen via the Flee option. It would not affect troops put to flight by defeat or the Colossus.
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.

The post was edited 1 time, last by -Hera- ().

• if they make this change this will only make things worse as everyone will go straight for pose as all other miracles are waste of gold and town spot for temple better suggestion would be to make new system of miracles in which you can benefit from all 8 miracles in some way rather then having 2 useful miracle and 6 bad ones
    • I'm voting Yes as I agree that Forge is too powerful to not have it, especially when fighting in wars where damage is counted. I like the waving boost, and maybe also give a defensive boost, as waving is usually used by the attacker, such as walls get a 5% to 25% health boost through the levels?

But lets get this changed first if possible! :D
      Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
      Knight Republic Alliance (KOR): World Alpha
      For Life
    • I have spent a better portion of 5 years colonizing islands with Hep Forge and Poseidon miracles. Dumped millions of resources to make these islands semi usable. I have worked out a strategy that works to my advantage. This will fundamentally change the strategy of the game. Not fair for those who actually used strategy to play this game.
    • oracle wrote:

I have spent a better portion of 5 years colonizing islands with Hep Forge and Poseidon miracles. Dumped millions of resources to make these islands semi usable. I have worked out a strategy that works to my advantage. This will fundamentally change the strategy of the game. Not fair for those who actually used strategy to play this game.
      Yes, I had not considered the impact on players that have done as you have. I see this proposed change would unfairly punish players who rely on the current Forge. What about if players on Forge islands got given free city teleports equal to the number of cities on a forge island. Would that make the change fair?
      Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
      Knight Republic Alliance (KOR): World Alpha
      For Life
    • Voting NO...return time does not bother me and they will never give us free moves. They should fix the other miracles....I have 2 mobiles so if i want I could use any miracle, just drop it on charged island....like ok, if i put to build a lot of troops and ships i will pop a Demetra but for the rest of my time playing i really don't need it...Same with Hades...and I can't even remember when was last time i had a battle in my own town...The other 3 are just worthless to me.
      Athena - the buildings i am working right now are more than 2 mil..how is double the safe of 320k going to help at all.
      Hermes - i load 200 cargos in 6 min...what difference would make if it was 2 min
      Ares - used to be useful, but not anymore...like who would come and purposely attack you in your own town without cooks and then you would want to keep battle going to kill his troops ... or the other situation you get attacked and have no cooks in the town - well most likely you won't have any other troops in the town so is pointless to activate Ares..

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
      -Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
    • oracle wrote:

I have spent a better portion of 5 years colonizing islands with Hep Forge and Poseidon miracles. Dumped millions of resources to make these islands semi usable.

And so have I.

I have worked out a strategy that works to my advantage. This will fundamentally change the strategy of the game. Not fair for those who actually used strategy to play this game.

Yes, it's entirely fair as it affects everyone. Right now, the Forge is an "I win" button. That's not fair. And to reform it yes, you will lose that button. But you've got to think of new servers / worlds, not just existing ones and stopping the Forge from being that "I win" button will make for a better game.
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
    • So in other words you don't care if you will be alright as long as everyone else is suffering too :D

Right know after all the server mergings and years passed and lots of ambro spent most of the people that know how to play this game have forges...it is really rare for me to find someone to fight without forge...may be if they forgot to click the button (but that is not my problem...may be we should make suggestion the button to auto-click lol)...So you are suggestion to go from everyone have a forge to everyone not to have a forge...I do not see any difference...

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
      -Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cassiopea ().

• Quartz wrote:

oracle wrote:

I have spent a better portion of 5 years colonizing islands with Hep Forge and Poseidon miracles. Dumped millions of resources to make these islands semi usable.
      And so have I.

I have worked out a strategy that works to my advantage. This will fundamentally change the strategy of the game. Not fair for those who actually used strategy to play this game.
      Yes, it's entirely fair as it affects everyone. Right now, the Forge is an "I win" button. That's not fair. And to reform it yes, you will lose that button. But you've got to think of new servers / worlds, not just existing ones and stopping the Forge from being that "I win" button will make for a better game.
      And why can't the other players also go find islands that have a Forge? That's fair - that is what many do.

Just because they refuse to place towns on Forge islands, they shouldn't cry about it nor should they try to change the rules to compensate them for their lack of foresight. If they were to do this, I would want a refund of the Ambro I spent moving towns over to islands that best suit my playing style.
    • The proposal is good, but it falls to pieces because of lacking research done on the majority of affected people.
      The forge ads another layer to combat in Ikariam, now yes, the 20% dmg the forge offers is an absolute necessity to stay competetive with any equal opponent, and therefore you can argue that its usefullness is so big that it becomes a must.
      But I'd like to argue that the problem isn't just the forge. You see, you want to save 50% of the time it costs to withdraw troops, this of cause equalling 30 minutes. Now balloons take 60 minutes per island, and as we all know the time it takes for a wave to return is 1h + traveltime. So by cutting the withdraw by 50% the final result for a balloon would be 30min + 60min = 90min, the exact same result as if poseidons were to be used: 60min + 30min = 90min. In other words, the only reason this effect would make a difference would be if made in conjunction with the poseidon. And now here we are.. Poseidon AND the forge is the win buttons, because if you don't have them every single one of your waves will be caught on impact.
      Now yes, it is fairly easy to just throw a wave into space, but if done so the point of the miracle would be lost, and the rework effectively rendering it just as useless as the rest of the miracles.

Now I haven't even touched on the fact that a 20% dmgbuff is absolutely needed to keep naval war entertaining, and that removing it would cause the need for a complete rework of ship dmg numbers, which for lesser experienced warriors, takes several years to map perfectly for the player, I won't begin to imagine how hard it would be for gf to find an alternative universally accepted.
      Another subject that's been touched on, is if it's fair that you have to fight for a good island. The answer is yes, and it has to be. Ikariam is a competetive game, made to entertain the possibility for peacefull and aggressive players alike. It is no secret that you gain more from being good at an agressive playstyle than for being good at playing a peacefull one, and therefore islands with aggressive players will always have the "prettier" mines. This makes it a priority even for peacefull players to gain entrance on these islands, and it always will. Islands like 60:60 and 50:50 are great examples. Not one (non-premium) spot will ever be left on these because of their developed mines and center placement.

So no, I don't like this suggestion. I am under the belief that for the forge to be reworked a whole new set of reworks has to accompany it. This suggestion needs a lot more though before being carried out.
    • If you know what you are doing you can beat an inexperienced forged user who just activated forge and sent everything in. Forge isn't an automatic win at all, it helps but if you don't know what you are doing you don't what you are doing and will lose. Voted against this suggestion as in my Ikariam carrer I have spent several hundred euros jumping towns to forge islands in different accounts and servers and I like how forge works right now. As others have pointed forge, pos, and arguably col and Demetres are the only useful miracles left so rather than downgrading forge how about we upgrade all the others. Return Ares to its previous use, Make Hades apply to all battlefields and increase the amount of resources you get back. Maybe turn Hermes into this suggestion for forge. Make Athena apply to piracy. That would make all the miracles useful and master players with strategy would make use of all of them.
      Order of Skulls Soldier :xeno: