best buildings to have in town?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• best buildings to have in town?

Hey all I'm a returning player currently playing on the new server Hades. I'm a little bit rusty and I wanted a few tips on the best buildings to have in each town to help get my master builder score up as quick as possible.
    look forward to hearing your advice :thumbsup:
    Kind regards, Adzflow
    Leader of TPR founded 06.12.2017 - HADES <3
    Not your average :thumbup:
  • academy-dump
    carp
    arch
    production x2
    tavern
    wh x3
    hut
    gr/pl
    temple at 14th

this leaves you with 2 spots for other building you want but its by far best for fast growth as you want to produce more wood/marble and spend less on building town also i would recommend going marble x2 wine and crystal for first 4 towns then after that combine colonys/wine in 3:1 or 4:1 ratio depends do you use wine press or not so if you use wine press you should have 5x marble 2x wine and crystal sulphur you can buy as you will not fight as much and for rest sulphur needs you can buy on market
  • i currently have 8 cities 2 of each lux resource, i have been playing with 4 warehouses to protect my resources as there are a lot of active players pillaging. so i should remove one warehouse and make a dump...? i currently have a foresters house and lux in all towns. now i should build the reducing ones.. which buildings should i not have? also i am the leader of an alliance so have embassy in some towns
    Leader of TPR founded 06.12.2017 - HADES <3
    Not your average :thumbup:
  • In my opinion, 4 warehouses is a bit much. Maybe 2 or 3 and upgrade them to higher levels to compensate for not having a 4th. You then have space for more stuff. I have a level 32 winery in all of my towns to help keep wine costs down. Also getting a maxed carpenter and architect in each town as early as possible is good for when you start going for expensive building upgrades like the palace/governor's residence, museum etc.
    I don't actually have any sulphur towns since I rarely train troops and when I need sulphur, I just trade for it.
    I play on Alpha
    I go by Silver Hand
    Drop me a friend request :)
  • adzflow wrote:

Hey all I'm a returning player currently playing on the new server Hades. I'm a little bit rusty and I wanted a few tips on the best buildings to have in each town to help get my master builder score up as quick as possible.
    Kind regards, Adzflow
    master builder? first of all make sure you place your towns on the islands with high level forest & mine. You need to have forester's house on each town and booster luxury goods building. Last but not least, make sure you are actively playing to move around your goods, keep on to build "on time" once the building finished. Whilst using ambrosia is your choice to make it faster.
  • I think it's a good idea to place your Embassy in one of your wine towns. It can take the place of the Wine Press, which isn't needed as getting wine should be easy.

And I agree, Hideouts in every town. It's the equivalent of curtains for your windows - keeps others from seeing in.
  • adzflow wrote:

Kind regards, Adzflow

Hi! Do you mean long-term quick growth? Take it from a vet, don't build a bunch of buildings you have to demolish later. Hideouts are useless once your town hall gets too big. Don't build hideouts; don't build temples. Those priests are bums.

Build this:
    1. Core: palace, town hall, tavern, museum
    2. 4 warehouses and a dump
    3. Both boosters, plus carps and arcs
    4. An academy in every town... build temporary opticians to max out academies
    5. That leaves 1 open slot per town. Fill it with one of these: embassy, barracks, wine press, trading post. If it's a crystal city, maybe build opticians for experiments. Wine press is the best because it increases your resources-per-hour rate, while the other optional buildings do not. 1 trading post is enough, use any extra gold to buy more resources. Take it easy on the barracks.

Island choices:
    1. Lots of ambrosia: 2 or 0 wine and the rest marble on same island. Use the 20% mining boosters, helios, resource swap and warehouse-doubler ambrosia features. Do all crystal instead of marble if you want to focus on research, a decent approach.
    2. No ambrosia: 2 wine, 1 sulphur, 1 crystal, rest marble on adjacent islands. Good luck!
    3. You'll want to run technocracy and the max number of helping hands workers. Dig you dirty apes!

To address no hideouts:
    1. Build balloons. People hate it when you wipe out their mortars. Defensively harass, and you'll be left alone soon enough.
    2. Don't be a dick.
  • If you're just going for straight master builder then you need a palace/GR, a depot/dump, a sea chart, a carpenter, and an architect in every town. I'd recommend having at least 2 warehouses as well. The other spaces should be taken by the next most expensive buildings as building cost is how master builder is measured. Though keep in mind that having a fireworks, optician, and wine press in every town makes it easier to upgrade the palace, depot, and sea chart. The reducers aren't good at all for master builder scores in and of themselves; so, (this is strictly if you're going after master builder) demo each of them as soon as you no longer need them...you'll always keep the carpenter and the architect (maybe some wine presses if you don't produce much wine) but you'll always need the wood and marble reducers.
    Num-nums!
  • oil wrote:

Hi! Do you mean long-term quick growth? Take it from a vet, don't build a bunch of buildings you have to demolish later. Hideouts are useless once your town hall gets too big. Don't build hideouts; don't build temples. Those priests are bums.

Build this:
    1. Core: palace, town hall, tavern, museum
    2. 4 warehouses and a dump
    3. Both boosters, plus carps and arcs
    4. An academy in every town... build temporary opticians to max out academies
    5. That leaves 1 open slot per town. Fill it with one of these: embassy, barracks, wine press, trading post. If it's a crystal city, maybe build opticians for experiments. Wine press is the best because it increases your resources-per-hour rate, while the other optional buildings do not. 1 trading post is enough, use any extra gold to buy more resources. Take it easy on the barracks.

Island choices:
    1. Lots of ambrosia: 2 or 0 wine and the rest marble on same island. Use the 20% mining boosters, helios, resource swap and warehouse-doubler ambrosia features. Do all crystal instead of marble if you want to focus on research, a decent approach.
    2. No ambrosia: 2 wine, 1 sulphur, 1 crystal, rest marble on adjacent islands. Good luck!
    3. You'll want to run technocracy and the max number of helping hands workers. Dig you dirty apes!

To address no hideouts:
    1. Build balloons. People hate it when you wipe out their mortars. Defensively harass, and you'll be left alone soon enough.
    2. Don't be a dick.

This is very good strategy.

I also usually build a temporary sulfur reducer because the amount of sulfur needed to upgrade level 35+ dumps and the governor's mansion is quite excessive without it.
    But I do destroy the sulfur reducer after the last upgrade is done.
  • oil wrote:

Lots of ambrosia: 2 or 0 wine and the rest marble on same island. Use the 20% mining boosters, helios, resource swap and warehouse-doubler ambrosia features.

Actually, if you've got lots of Ambrosia, then make your towns wine towns, not marble towns.

oil wrote:

Hideouts are useless once your town hall gets too big. Don't build hideouts; don't build temples. Those priests are bums.

I've got to disagree with both of these. Even with high level towns, Hideouts work just fine. And they enable you to spy on others. And Temples are critical. Poseidon will let you move resources at twice the speed and Hephaestus is obligatory.

Your balloon strategy will fail against any experienced player. For a start, they will have spied you out and sent Rams and Gyros. Only when your Balloons are dead will they wave in their Mortars
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • I fully agree with Quartz - playing without Hideouts is like playing poker with all your cards face up.

Quartz wrote:

I've got to disagree with both of these. Even with high level towns, Hideouts work just fine. And they enable you to spy on others. And Temples are critical. Poseidon will let you move resources at twice the speed and Hephaestus is obligatory.

Your balloon strategy will fail against any experienced player. For a start, they will have spied you out and sent Rams and Gyros. Only when your Balloons are dead will they wave in their Mortars
  • nemenku wrote:

I fully agree with Quartz - playing without Hideouts is like playing poker with all your cards face up.

Quartz wrote:

Due respect because all that is generally accepted as basic requirements.

Here's my perspective:

Spies: I don't care if I get spied on, and spying on others is not in my game plan. Spies don't protect you from a determined attacker. They can still spy on you anyway. Hideouts are like putting a bag over your face and declaring yourself invisible.

Poseidon: I don't need to move ships fast. All my cities are on the same island. I make other people deliver to me in the trading post, no need to go get it. I used to use it for looting inactives, but ultimately not worth it compared to a resource generator.

Hephaestus: not on the menu, because big fights aren't in the game plan. Engaging in this area halts your growth rate.

Balloons Defense: the idea is to do guerrilla harassment... sure they get through and loot a load, but you take so much extra time to deal with, and you're being a cool dude, so the determined attacker moves on to easier prey. Because people.

In summary:
    Spies and priests take all your rupees and their shacks horn in on space where you could have a building that increases resources-per-hour. If you want to be a master builder, fire all those self-aggrandizing employees!
  • Citybuilding comes down to experience and preference, arguing one is better than the other is completely pointless.
    Now shure, some building are must haves (architect and carpenter for instance), but the amount of warehouses, whether you want a depot, hideout, temple, seachart archive and so on, is completely up to the individual. However you can weigh each buildings worth against oneanother. The hideout is usefull throughout the entire game, even if you have a level 32+ townhall, that argument is just pointless, however they won't keep people from spying on you if you're sitting with a general score of 0. Temples as well are extremely usefull for several scenarios, however not all players end up in any of these scenarios. Now the baloon trap is also pointless. Any attacker with a full line of gyro and smith active, will loose 0 mortars. No matter how you're planning to apply "guerilla harassment" you need to match smith, if you don't you may as well not do so.

And just to be clear. In every single one of my cities, on every single one of my accounts, I've managed to have both temple, hideout and barracks in all cities (except for where my embassy is), while still having both ressource buildings. What you have to consider is how many warehouses you want. I recommend using a total of 3 storage buildings for at least the first 2 years of an active account.
  • Same as Abeged, since i played this game back then 2009 up to now.
    Hide out is a must building in every single town.
    Dont make your self an easy target with no protection from hide out and scream on alliance page
    every single time you got beaten.

If you want to make your cities harder to be spied then donate more to get bigger mines then put more worker to that.
    less-er "free citizens" = hader to spy.
  • I'm not saying the hideout is a must have.
    However I am saying that if you're planning on not getting plundered frequently you will need BOTH hideouts and a substancial general score. That or a well respected name to be associated with.
    No matter what you will have to decide whether you want people running around your backyard 24/7, or if you want to fight back. Also, if the server is approaching a couple years of age, people will start killing off general score for the fun of it, so defending your ressources will have to become a more active occupation if you're getting targeted.
  • If you don't build Hideouts, here is what you are permitting (copied from the Help system):

The following spy missions can be carried out:
    ・Inspect warehouse status - find out how many resources are in the town.
    ・Spy out garrison - Find out how many and what types of soldiers, war machines and warships are stationed in the town.
    ・Observe fleet and troop movements - the origin or destination of a fleet and the total number of units and merchant ships as well as their arrival time.
    ・Spy out level of research - Find out which discoveries have been made recently.
    ・Online status - Find out if the player is online.
    ・Observe communication - Find out the 15 (maximum) newest messages that the person being spied on has sent or received. You will be able to see the subject, the date and the involved players.
    ・Recall spy - Your spy returns to his hideout.
    ・Spy out military production
    ・Spy out alliance office
    ・Spy out form of government
    ・Spy out inventions
    ・Spy out colonies

oil wrote:

Hideouts are useless once your town hall gets too big. Don't build hideouts;