New server

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Sadly, I fear Gameforge's view (and they have more information than we do) is that purchases of ambro are by far highest on new servers, and drop off rapidly afterwards, which is exactly why they keep making new servers even though the existing ones aren't over-crowded (I know I purchased initial ambro for Hades but have no intention of buying more, and suspect others do the same)

And when they stop getting big ambro payments for new servers, that's when they finally give up on the game.
    • i came back after a long break and finally built up an account i can fight with. Not planning on abandoning it to start all over again as i only have time to play 1 server anymore.

Im hades all the way.

Thanks VAL Your the best

B_L
    • THAT NEW SERVER WITHOUT US IS A CRAP. and that thing AMBRO PROTEST will not solve the problem. Instead let us gave gameforge way more income in HADES than in the new server. This way, if that new server dies faster than HADES they will be force to merge it with HADES server and we will then meet those stupid players who tries their luck in new server for the simple reason they cannot beat us in HADES. LET US PUT A THREAD THAT ENCOURAGES GAMEFORGE to merge the new server with us. and they will just mind this thread if they get more income in "HADES" than the new one. PLAY MORE IN HADES... PLAY HARDER AND DON'T JOIN THE NEW SERVER. this is the only way we win over them.
    • u can simply ignore the new server or play for free, either way they dont get rewarded.

it was mentioned above that the new servers have the biggest amount of incomes via ambrosia, merging the new server so fast will only make players spend less on future new servers since they will be afraid of an unfair merge.So its out of the question...

if u need ambrosia in hades u should buy, but buying ambrosia as a form of protest ? :P
      idk about that one.. i guess if u have money to throw away...
    • I too came back from a long break, and Hades is where I'm going to stay! Same goes for everyone in my alliance, so don't go anywhere :)

"Draugen is a huge monster, covered in seaweed, rowing in half a boat.
      He erupts a terrible scream when he appears, and legend has it he can be seen
      during stormy nights at sea, drowning sailors and fishermen, sinking their boats and ships."
    • well its a shame that i spent so much to get all available with ambro and a month later they open new server.. with production bonuses and speed bonuses to make it for the kill.. atm im just checking it out dont know if ill stay in hephaistos if i manage to get a nice setup with me and gf then well stay there.. but would be a waste to leave hades so im not leaving it either.. and then it comes to question how much time do i have :D
    • Gmaster wrote:

There is really no unfair merges, It has to happen.

More graphics would spark Ikariam. People want to see the battle front on video not an excel cut sheet.

I agree with you man but take into account that for Ikariam, this is a HUGE step forward that has a lot of work to be done on to get there.
    • Benjamenx wrote:

Gmaster wrote:

There is really no unfair merges, It has to happen.

More graphics would spark Ikariam. People want to see the battle front on video not an excel cut sheet.
      I agree with you man but take into account that for Ikariam, this is a HUGE step forward that has a lot of work to be done on to get there.
      Well yea simulation is really what I'm talking about. That has been the biggest fall back as people want see it happen. I think Game itself has potential in surviving.. Creating new servers never help the old ones. People want to join in as a group and then get their own Island and dominate the server. Not much of challenge of fighting on the run. Kind of kills the excitement if you have one alliance dominating... Anyway hopefully people will join and not give up...
    • when i was introduced to ikariam in 2009. I fell in love with it. There were around 1000-2000 players in each server. Multi accounts were illegal. Today, every server has around 200-500 real accounts and the rest are their multis. It is not as fun as it used to be. I basically play just to chat with friends. Meet new people, etc.
    • Seeing the fights in action on the Island screen would bring back people... How hard would it be for Ikariam to buy additional software to simulate graphic seen on the Island and at the Gate... There is some but it is quite poor.. The Game concept is original but Good and has great potential.. Be great if there were portals to cross the seas faster and fight another group on the other side. Wishful thinking at its best...