New server

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ok for some reason when there is finally an active server the ikariam gods have opened a new one. Like what are the thinking? This server could of easily lasted another 3 months.

Is it me or are they trying really hard to destroy this game?
    • I agree with you. I have no clue as to why they're doing this. The player base is already small enough, and now they're dividing everyone.

We need to unite and keep our feet in Hades. I'm not going anywhere. Who's with me?
      Passion’s good. Gets blood pumping.
    • I consider it too be a bit of a joke To be honest !
      Hades has just about been running for what 3 months ? with around 3000 accounts currently playing in the server. 1/2 to 2/3rds of them being either inactive, multi accounts or saving spots for other players. its just ridiculous.
      I agree with Grimm its probably to try and make more money but then if that is the case why not give us something on hades that would want to make us dig in to our pockets and spend our money on.
      However buying ambrosia dose not necessarily allow you to reach high on the leader boards maybe for the first 21 days until the pirates whether( capturing points legit or unlegitimately ) take over.
      Its sad to see all the time and work one can put in for a month to then see piracy winners every 21 days grow 100+k in score. while we have just about grown 5k !!
      Im not ranting about the piracy but 576,096 capture points is ridiculously high and hard to beat. this is the reason i believe a lot of players are leaving the game especially the new ones as you just cant stand a chance anymore.
      :(
    • Piracy isn’t the problem. And 580k isn’t a lot of points. I had 38.4k crew and raided 400k in the last day. I could of raided more but I had a football match to wake up for so could of done 600k. So let’s just put that to 1 side.

Personally I’m conflicted my play style is to play to the new server which is normally fine as I’m bored after a couple of months as the server dies down. However I haven’t reach that point here despite recent events actually enjoying this server.

The problem I find is if I don’t create a new account on the new server. In a month this one could be gone then I’m a month behind everyone on the new one. I feel like they have almost forced my hand to move.

All good people saying let’s stand together and stay here. We all know half at least will move on. Then there’s not a lot left for the rest.
    • Kermit The Frog wrote:

All good people saying let’s stand together and stay here. We all know half at least will move on. Then there’s not a lot left for the rest.
      Unfortunately, joining the new server isn't really a fix to that either. The server that is going to be launched tomorrow will not be new anymore in three months.
    • I 100% agree and there have been posts in my alliance about leaving to go to the new server. I told them this is how gameforge cash cows us . (New server = more ambrosia spent) Hades is one of the best servers I have played in a long time and Im not leaving either. It also appears that most in my alliance feel the same way and not leaving.
      Former Leader of Dominators (Demeter)
      Former Leader of Empire (Iota)

• Yeah, must admit I am astonished they've opened another server so soon. You at least wait until most people have got all the researches done and six or seven towns established before opening a new one up.

As far as I'm concerned, Hades is my final server. I debated about joining that, after the ridiculous merges a couple of years ago (when Asklepios, which hadn't been running THAT long, got merged into Rho, a server that had eight years of history in it - that was a ridiculous mismatch for a lot of players and saw literally hundreds quit).

(And the 30% extra resources sounds great until you realize that the people with time/resources to do so will be setting up multis/donor accounts that will boost the resources even quicker than they normally do, so will push out even more of a lead)
    • Eh... just when i quit other war game that focus on $$ more than the game life... here come ikariam.. lunch new server when theres ALRDY new one that didnt get its anniversary or didnt even get pass its 3rd month ... when u open new server, new comers will be joining that new one... so basicly hades wont get new players unless friend invited or someone didnt pick the newest server which rarely happens ...

This just killed the fun of playing the game ... sad part ... doesnt matter to gameforge ... they will still lunch it .. $$ comes first ;)
    • For me, hades is going to be my last server and I will be ending my 8 years of ikariam gaming here!
      Leader of UE Psi Retired Undefeated

Leader of ELITE Apollon Retired Undefeated

Former member of N-F but now in TMM, Rho.

Member and sometimes Saxy General of _UE_, Demeters

Allianceless in Pi.

BLACK in Gaia.

Leader of -W- in Hades

Democratically Elected Chairman of Men Power Council (MPC) in spam section.
    • idk i kinda think hades as endgame but i might try for fun the new one as well but honestly dont have time for all that :) my purpose was and is to max out everything game has to offer and its impossible in less then 3 months what are they thinking :) but as nomercy pointed out all the new players would just skip hades and join hephaistos instead.. to each their own i guess
    • hotdog wrote:

For me, hades is going to be my last server and I will be ending my 8 years of ikariam gaming here!
      Hades is going to be my last server - too. Everyone, lets make this server enjoyable and the greatest of all time.

So if Hades dies, no more Ikariam for me - unless they make Ikariam 2.
      Passion’s good. Gets blood pumping.
    • Hannibal wrote:

hotdog wrote:

For me, hades is going to be my last server and I will be ending my 8 years of ikariam gaming here!
      Hades is going to be my last server - too. Everyone, lets make this server enjoyable and the greatest of all time.
      So if Hades dies, no more Ikariam for me - unless they make Ikariam 2.
      i thought ikariam was still in beta? please tell me this is the actual game? its so bad
    • We should have a thread on all the things we'd like to see in Ikariam 2 (including what needs to be removed/reworked from the current version).

I'd certainly like to see a version of piracy where, if you raid someone else, both sides lose a portion of their crew. Haven't crunched numbers but something like:
      Attacker wins: attacker loses 2% of crew score, defender loses 2% of crew score (so attacker loses more overall since score will be higher, but proportionally the same)
      Attacker loses: attacker loses 5% of crew score, defender also loses 5% of attacker's crew score (not their own, otherwise suicide attacks by small players could destroy a high score player quickly). There also might have to be a minimum loss per attack to stop tiny players just chipping away all the time at bigger ones (say ANY failed attack loses a minimum of 50 crew or something)

That would make it much more interesting to balance collecting, converting, and raiding, because high-crew players would have to judge whether it was worth raiding - would they profit more in points than they'd lose in crew? Gets harder as crew gets bigger so tends to equalize, rather than the current system where a winning attack makes you stronger and more likely to win next time. Positive feedback loops like that are rarely healthy.. .

And yeah, those numbers could be way off, you'd have to churn a lot of stuff about crew levels and frequency of attacks and so on to actually balance it out.