Democracy Theme - Republic

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Democracy Theme - Republic

Do you like this suggestion? 12
        Yes (9) 75%
        No (3) 25%
      General Information:
      When the government is Democracy, your towns are still said to be an Empire. I would like to give the option to change this to reflect the change in government type.

What are you suggesting?
      When Democracy is chosen, there will be an option to declare your cities a Republic, and therefore changing all instances of 'Empire' with 'Republic'. Other additional name changes are shown in the next post.
      A new title option would be granted when democracy is chosen for the first time: Consul

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?
      All mentions of 'Empire' change to 'Republic' etc.
      New title 'Consul' is added.

Suggestion Reason:
      Some of the Greco-Roman city states were republics, and I would like this to be reflected more in the game. I know there is a title 'Mayor' and 'Governor', but I think Consul would be a suitable title to add as it would better fit this theme (and the game).

Special Notes:
      I considered President, and whilst I would like it as an option (and the Palace would also then be renamed 'Presidential Palace') I don't think there would be much support for the change, but if you do like it, please say so!
      Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
      Knight Republic Alliance (KOR): World Alpha
      For Life

The post was edited 4 times, last by -Hera-: Clarified additional name changes stated below. ().

• The current view is shown here: Government: Democracy

Name Changes:
      OriginalSuggested
      ...lead your empire......lead your republic...
      Towns in your empireTowns in your republic
      Palace[1]Consul Palace OR Presidential Palace
      ColonyProvince

etc.

Province also fits nicely with having a governor (in each governor's residence).

Title Additions
      TitleObtained By
      ConsulDemocracy as the form of government
      PresidentDemocracy chosen for 90 days consecutively

[1]Change only building name, and this name change depends on the title chosen. If neither title chosen, then remains 'Palace'
      Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
      For Life

The post was edited 6 times, last by Yrael: Added table, and added all name changes and new titles. ().

• I'm not sure why you need a 'practical benefit'. Using that logic, couldn't we replace all buildings with labelled uniform boxes? And then the city decorations be removed and replaced with an empty screen? Still the same city, the point is it makes the experience more enjoyable, nemenku said it nicely.

It is also about the enjoyment of consistency, and the 'practical benefit' is this greater enjoyment (for some). Fair if you don't want to ever use this feature, but some (including me!) would. And we would like to do so, so I suppose the benefit is greater player satisfaction.
      Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
      For Life