Best Form of Government

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Best Form of Government

Whats the best form of government for you guys? I'm kinda torn on to what form of government should i stick to? Help a brother out. Thanks! :thumbup:

Edit - Moved to Discussion Thread - Hera

The post was edited 1 time, last by -Hera- ().

• depends what playing style you use

i usually stick with democracy until i research theocracy then i change
    but if you dont use miracles there is no point in having theo so i would stick with democracy or technocracy
  • Agreed, research points scale incredibly well, so if you don't need the imminent bonus from theocracy, I'd go democrazy as well.
    Though then again, I use miracles several times a day, and as such I haven't changed my form of government on any of my accounts since I've unlocked theocracy.
  • If you have high level museums, Democracy is almost as good as Technocracy for Research points, especially if you use the Ambrosia booster. The difference is somewhere around 1%. Plus you get the happiness bonus, which is a real boon with high-level Town Halls. If you were to convert the Wine saved to Crystal and do Experiments, I think Democracy would come out on top. However, not everyone is at that level, nor into Research. Fighters particularly benefit from Theocracy. Nomocracy is particularly valuable if you have a L11 Palace and L10 GRs. It means that you can minimise corruption when you place a mobile.
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • drasko7 wrote:

depends what playing style you use

i usually stick with democracy until i research theocracy then i change
    but if you dont use miracles there is no point in having theo so i would stick with democracy or technocracy
    Oh wow. didn't really think of Democracy. I just looked at it right now and kinda wished i switched to it early in the game. I've been in Aristocracy for the longest time. The -20% building time is crazy for me in my opinion. specially early game. 8o

Does anyone else go for Aristocracy? or is it just me? haha
  • i think 20% is not worth having corruption
    you will grow faster in technocracy or theo if you have temples
    ps im not using ambro so i dont know how fast can you spend your resources but i would much rather stick with good strategy and premium then buy reso with ambro :D
  • Quartz wrote:

Aristocracy is very good, but you need your GRs to be one level higher than your Palace to avoid corruption, and that's not possible when you have 12 towns. I did put in a suggestion for GR 12s but not Palace 12.
    I guess the corruption can be a pain.
  • drasko7 wrote:

i think 20% is not worth having corruption
    you will grow faster in technocracy or theo if you have temples
    ps im not using ambro so i dont know how fast can you spend your resources but i would much rather stick with good strategy and premium then buy reso with ambro :D
    You're right. nothing does beat a good strategy. I'll probably try to go for theocracy then. Thanks for the advises! :thumbsup:
  • For master builder players, use technocracy.

You want max helping hands workers, this is the best to increase resources-per-hour. Take advantage of your high level mines.

The +75 satisfaction per town from democracy is worth 900 workers, or 2700 gold per hour. Right? Like 23 million per year in gold.

By using technocracy's 20% helping hands bonus, I'm pulling in an extra 15k resources per hour. That's 131 million extra resources per year, but they cost a lot. I lose the democracy cash bonus and I have to use extra wine to get enough citizens to fill my mines, all of that is bad math. There's a balance point (257 wine per hour in the tavern?) where it becomes cheaper to buy resources than mine them, depending on the market. Buying is not bad, but it all comes into your trader city and its hard to distribute the wealth to all cities, its all so slow. If you're lazy after playing for a decade, upping the tavern is way less of a maintenance headache than trading.

Priests and spies are bums, get rid of them. :o

You probably will have lots of academies for a long time which if all are maxed give a lot better math with technocracy than the cat based democracy math. In my case I get 360/hr from technocracy, or 260/hr from democracy. Thats a positive difference of 912k research points per year.

Your math will vary

Disclaimer, mine is not a popular play style, apparently :)
  • In the endgame, Technocracy is better than Democracy for research by only 1% or so. It's because you get bonus RPs from the CTs and the Ambrosia bonus acts on those as well. Now, for resource gathering, Technocracy wins hands down, of course, but I find your figure of +15k/hour difficult to believe. Can you give the figures? If I use Helping Hands in a Democracy with a level 35 Quarry, I get +300 resources. 20% of that is 60. 60 * 2 * 12 is 1440. Did you mean 1.5k?
  • Hi Quartz,

I meant the full increase for using helping hands, because you wouldn't use helping hands without technocracy. I was estimating, looks like my actual number is 11,676 per hour increase if I use hh versus not using hh. It looks like your number would be around 300*2*12=7200 res/hr.

Level 50 mills

• +3353/hr with 1458 workers and no helping hands workers assigned
    • +3856/hr with 2187 workers assigned
    • That's 503 profit per mine, 12 cities
    • 503*12= 6036 resources per hour generated by helping hands per mill

Level 40 mines

• +3132/hr with 1362 workers and no helping hands workers assigned
    • +3602/hr with 2043 workers assigned
    • That's 470 profit per mine, 12 cities
    • 503*12= 5640 resources per hour generated by helping hands per mine

So, adding up all 12 mills and mines, 6036+5640= 11676 resources per hour generated by helping hands

So... how about actual costs:

Gold Cost
    • The mines cost 2046 gold per hour to employ all the hh workers.
    • The mills cost 2379 gold per hour employ all the hh workers.
    • That's a cost of 4425 per hour per city to pay for hh
    • That means my 12 cities make 53100 less gold per hour because of paying all those darn hh workers. (after modifiers)
    • You probably wouldn't get all this cash if you didn't run helping hands though, because you'd be serving less wine and therefore have less citizens to create gold, but you'd get some of it.

Wine Cost
    • Each city serves 408 wine per hour. You need a lot of citizens to employ all those "helping hands." If not using hh taverns would only serve around 300 wine per hour per city. So hh costs 108 wine per hour per city to get enough citizens.
    • So losing 1296 wine per hour to serve enough extra wine for helping hands

Tactic to use trading instead of helping hands:
    • Let's say you can buy or sell a resource for 7 gold each. If you didn't run hh, this would happen:
    • You miss out on the 11k resources they would have produced.
    • You would save 1296 wine per hour in the tavern. Thats 9000 gold if you say each one is worth 7. And if you use it to buy resources at 7 gold, you'd get 1296 resources.
    • 1296 times 12 cities is 15552 resources per hour

Recap:
    If I didn't use helping hands, I could make 15552 resources per hour using the trader, assuming I can buy unlimited resources at 7 gold. But theres tons of logistics, you have to camp the game all the time. Thats 132 million a year.

If I do use helping hands, I can make 11676 per hour. But its all automatic. That's 100 million a year.

Keep in mind, either of these options is 100 million more than most players are bringing in.

PS I'd love to see it if you can advance these ideas! Maybe I missed the boat on some stuff
  • oil wrote:

I meant the full increase for using helping hands, because you wouldn't use helping hands without technocracy. I was estimating, looks like my actual number is 11,676 per hour increase if I use hh versus not using hh. It looks like your number would be around 300*2*12=7200 res/hr.

You misunderstand my maths. I can get an extra 300 per resource per hour by using Helping Hands for 7200 in all. The Technocracy bonus is +20 of HH i.e. +60 resources per hour. My HH bonus is indeed 7200 per hour, and Technocracy increases that by 1440. And to pay for that +60 per hour per resource I would need to increase all my Taverns one notch, i.e. +42 Wine or so per hour per town or 504 total per hour. Call it 500 wine. So if I were using Helping Hands it would indeed behove me to use Technocracy. But I don't use HH right now - I'm building my gold stores.