IP share

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Two different players - player one with account A and player two with accounts B and C.
    Player A attacks player B and at the exact time player C goes to occupy players A town, from with player A goes to attack player B.

    Question:
    Is the second player violating IP share rule, because with account C he isn't allowing player A to rotate his troops who is attacking player B, while player B can freely send help from his other towns.

    I hope you understood my question.
  • Hello Monk,

    Since the resources of player B and C were not exchanged and the player did not assist himself with multi account in any way, he did not violate any rule.


    Best regards,
    MrSniperZ
    Game Staff

    Game Rules I Support
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."
  • MrSniperZ wrote:



    Since the resources of player B and C were not exchanged and the player did not assist himself
    Dear MrSniperZ

    There is significant difference in Multi account rules in latvian server comparing to english or german.
    -- latvian server rule translated
    It is possible to maintain several accounts on one and the same server. These have to be announced to us by using a game internal function. Any kind of cooperation between these multi accounts is not allowed. Circumventing these rules via other players is not allowed.
    --
    I would be very pleased get your comments for the same situation taking in account my translation of Ikariam Latvia rules for Multi account usage.
    --
  • Hello @loks9999 ,

    The rules are for all communities and servers same, they are just written in a different way. The meaning of "MULTI" rules is that a player can not help himself in any way.
    In this case, the player did not have any contact with the fleet, and therefore did not break a single multi-rule segment.
    Best regards,
    MrSniperZ
    Game Staff[/i]

    Game Rules I Support
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

    The post was edited 1 time, last by MrSniperZ ().

  • The translation the loks forwarded is the exact same on the Danish servers.
    And by attacking the city the player his other account is being attacked from removes player A's ability to wave, and thus prevents him from further agressing on account B. There's been several people banned for this on the Danish servers, but as the go's also pointed out, the rules comes down to interpretation, which also means how much you can get away with wary a lot from server to server. I can say from experience that a lot of actions of which are considered neat tricks on the English servers would of gotten you punished on the Danish servers. I suppose this is the case on the Latvia servers as well.

    Also you're refering to the accounts B and C as players. The thread states it's accounts, owned by one person.
  • MrSniperZ wrote:


    The rules are for all communities and servers same, they are just written in a different way. The meaning of "MULTI" rules is that a player can not help himself in any way.
    I'm not sure I do understand you well enough.
    Would you please explain if the rule is written in different way and has different meaning, how can you say they are the same?
    At least in my English "Direct interaction" and "any kind of cooperation" are two different things !
  • Each player is allowed to control more then a single account per World (Server).


    If two or more accounts are usually, occasionally, or permanently being played from the same network a GameOperator must be notified (using internal game option), without exception. In these cases the accounts will not be able to have fleet contact while on the same connection.


    First of all lets learn what is "Fleet contact"?


    Fleet contact is any time that your fleet interacts directly with that of another player. In the case of persons on a shared connection, it is prohibited while the connection is shared.


    Some examples of fleet contacts are:


    * Trading with each other (whether via trading post or port)
    * Attacking each other's towns
    * Defending each other's towns
    * Joint attacks versus another player
    * Joint defends of another player's town


    Members on the same IP are, however, allowed to send each other ingame messages, be in the same alliance, attack the same players (NOT jointly!), have a cultural goods treaty, and (MARKET) trade with the same people.

    Take on mind that it's forbidden to send resources to another player and receive them on your multi from that player. In cases like that, we issue "Circumvention of the multi-rule" ban.



    What exactly counts as "fleet"?


    Fleet includes all ships and army.




    I hope its clearer now.


    Best regards,
    MrSniperZ
    Game Staff

    Game Rules I Support
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

    The post was edited 2 times, last by MrSniperZ: Added Circumvention of the multi explanation ().

  • I am sorry if I missed something, let me be clearer.




    By cooperation they meant that you are not allowed to "cooperate" with your second account in any way, which means :


    * Trading with each other (whether via trading post or port)
    * Attacking each other's towns
    * Defending each other's towns
    * Joint attacks versus another player
    * Joint defends of another player's town


    is NOT ALLOWED.


    However, you can see that we can use "any kind of cooperation with the multi accounts is not allowed". Now you can see that it's actually the same.


    Interaction is a kind of action that occur as two or more *accounts* have an effect upon one another. - it means that you cannot make Multi account to pillage or send resources and etc. just to make your own benefit.
    Cooperation is the process of groups of *accounts* working or acting together for common or mutual benefit.






    If you have any other question,feel free to ask. I will be happy to asist you with understanding our rules!




    Best regards,
    MrSniperZ
    Game Staff

    Game Rules I Support
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."
  • Monk wrote:

    Two different players - player one with account A and player two with accounts B and C.
    Player A attacks player B and at the exact time player C goes to occupy players A town, from with player A goes to attack player B.

    Question:
    Is the second player violating IP share rule, because with account C he isn't allowing player A to rotate his troops who is attacking player B, while player B can freely send help from his other towns.

    I hope you understood my question.

    Player 1 with account A attack player 2 with account B.
    Player 2 retaliate using his multi account C to attack Player 1 on any of Player 1 towns --> this is allowed.

    Player 2 must connect his account B & C using IP Share.

    Player 2 will not be able to attack Player 1 on any of account B towns, the option will be grey, because of IP Share between account B and C.
  • Ratna wrote:

    Monk wrote:

    Two different players - player one with account A and player two with accounts B and C.
    Player A attacks player B and at the exact time player C goes to occupy players A town, from with player A goes to attack player B.

    Question:
    Is the second player violating IP share rule, because with account C he isn't allowing player A to rotate his troops who is attacking player B, while player B can freely send help from his other towns.

    I hope you understood my question.
    Player 1 with account A attack player 2 with account B.
    Player 2 retaliate using his multi account C to attack Player 1 on any of Player 1 towns --> this is allowed.

    Player 2 must connect his account B & C using IP Share.

    Player 2 will not be able to attack Player 1 on any of account B towns, the option will be grey, because of IP Share between account B and C.
    Well, my understanding is that Player 2 will be able to defend his account B with his other towns of account B. He simply uses his account C to thwart player 1's attacks or reinforcements while his account B is in defensive mode.
    The OP had doubts that this shoukd be allowed, but I guess from Mr SniperZ's answer that it is, as it does not involve fleet contact.

    I guess the problem is that it is impossible to determine if two friends or family members are playing side by side, or a single person is sitting behind both accounts. The first case is similar to two different players simply sharing info and helping each other, while the other sounds like a covert abuse of the multi-rule to me.
  • MrSniperZ wrote:

    If two or more accounts are usually, occasionally, or permanently being played from the same network a GameOperator must be notified (using internal game option), without exception. In these cases the accounts will not be able to have fleet contact while on the same connection.
    I am confused on what this statement means. Basically, it means that You may have fleet contact when you are not on the same connection.

    However based on my conversation on my ticket, this is not allowed. How so?
  • MrSniperZ wrote:

    Absolutley NO. It is NOT allowed.
    If you change your IP just to make fleet contacts,you broke rule number 1 and your account can be suspended.
    Is that so? Does that mean if two players are playing under 1 connection playing at most 2 months then suddenly one of them decided to transfer to another location (moved out of the house). Based on your statement there would be absolutely no chance for them to perform any fleet contacts at all? Even though they are now at different location/connection?
  • hyrvean wrote:

    MrSniperZ wrote:

    Absolutley NO. It is NOT allowed.
    If you change your IP just to make fleet contacts,you broke rule number 1 and your account can be suspended.
    Is that so? Does that mean if two players are playing under 1 connection playing at most 2 months then suddenly one of them decided to transfer to another location (moved out of the house). Based on your statement there would be absolutely no chance for them to perform any fleet contacts at all? Even though they are now at different location/connection?
    2 players playing from the same house using the same connection, both of them using IP Share to each other --> OK
    When 1 of them decided to move out of the house, they can disconnect IP Share BUT if these 2 players are still occasionally/sometimes playing together (in the office / cafe / public space / etc) using the same IP, they are not allowed to disconnect IP Share.