Hades server decline

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hades server decline

Hey all I'm here to discuss the server Hades I have been playing on here for a few months now and I'm seeing the server on a decline, neighbouring islands becoming empty as people have become bored and gone inactive, others have jumped boat to join the new server and a huge amount of banned accounts everywhere.
    I was wondering...
    If there is anywhere to discuss these matters?
    whether something will be done to bring back life to this server?? or will the bosses just decide to make a new one. (from what I hear ...profits)
    I suggest maybe a merge with the new server would be good, however I would like to here what the players on the new server think about this.
    would like to hear what other players think about this
    ?( ?( ?(
    Leader of TPR founded 06.12.2017 - HADES <3
    Not your average :thumbup:
  • It's been over a year since gf had a way to merge servers, and given the fact that it's been so long I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.
    The trend that is becomming is this style of creating a new server, wait 6-12 months, then create a new one.
    If you're looking for a server that won't just die go join one of the "megaservers". I don't know which that'd be in the uk, but for instance Zeta in Denmark of which still got 800 ish active players with accounts more than 10 years old.
  • Abeged wrote:

It's been over a year since gf had a way to merge servers, and given the fact that it's been so long I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.
    The trend that is becomming is this style of creating a new server, wait 6-12 months, then create a new one.
    If you're looking for a server that won't just die go join one of the "megaservers". I don't know which that'd be in the uk, but for instance Zeta in Denmark of which still got 800 ish active players with accounts more than 10 years old.
    wait 6 -12 months ?? they don't even let it reach that ! maybe if they did leave it a year people wouldn't run to the new server as they have done so much work they don't want to leave behind.
    The problem with joining a mega server with players over 10 years old means we don't stand a chance as new players hence why we start on a fresh server.
    So maybe the existing servers need to be maintained before setting out and creating new ones?
  • for me personally i like to play new servers cause i like to try different strategies and have new start every few months
    it gets boring when you have 1mil+ points and only few people on server who can fight with you properly :D
  • drasko7 wrote:

for me personally i like to play new servers cause i like to try different strategies and have new start every few months
    it gets boring when you have 1mil+ points and only few people on server who can fight with you properly :D
    yh but if we had one server full of us all there would be too much action to handle :P
  • drasko7 wrote:

for me personally i like to play new servers cause i like to try different strategies and have new start every few months
    Wouldn't you agree that with said accounts of 1mil+ is possible to have more complete fights? At the start of the server experienced players like you or Kermit (or cheaters of course), grow at a very fast rate, as a result, smaller players often get obliterated by superior tech and better economies. Now, i agree with you that the frenzy at the star of a new server makes it more interesting, but in my opinion it is nicer to fight when conditions are similar for everyone, so that no one starts at a disadvantage (all units upgraded, enough miracles, army big enough to wave properly...).

But then again, I came back to ika only last year, so maybe the game changed so much that now there is a different way of playing it, like a mini game...
    "This Dog with three Heads denotes the past, the present, and the Time to come; which receive, and, as it were, devour all things"

- Zachary Grey (Hudibras)- XVIII century
  • I remember when Charon was launched. Probably the most succesfull serverlaunch I have experienced, and also the most active 12 months worth of ikariam I've had.
    However I don't find these early stages of a server equally pleasing as I do playing on the Danish megaserver. Now, the server is 8 servers combined, and as such there is a lot of people with large accounts. I love being able to have the gs to take on several people at once, and I love the skillcap that shows in ikariam when you reach lategame.
    So as of this point, I prefer playing on the older server, and I won't start on another server untill gf find a way to merge servers again.
  • joylesscato wrote:

drasko7 wrote:

Wouldn't you agree that with said accounts of 1mil+ is possible to have more complete fights? At the start of the server experienced players like you or Kermit (or cheaters of course), grow at a very fast rate, as a result, smaller players often get obliterated by superior tech and better economies. Now, i agree with you that the frenzy at the star of a new server makes it more interesting, but in my opinion it is nicer to fight when conditions are similar for everyone, so that no one starts at a disadvantage (all units upgraded, enough miracles, army big enough to wave properly...).
    But then again, I came back to ika only last year, so maybe the game changed so much that now there is a different way of playing it, like a mini game...
    yeah but thats the point im trying to make
    good players know how to play properly and they will grow fast even without ambro
    i personally dont buy ambro at all or if i buy i take 5-10 euro worth for whole time im playing there
    like on new server i am 7th on ts with almost 600k and i didnt spent anything on game yet so it is possible to keep up with others if you know how to play
    you just need to keep learning and every server you start you will grow a bit faster
  • joylesscato wrote:

drasko7 wrote:

true say it is now that accounts are getting close to being able to hold big armies that a lot of members left for the new server I guess they enjoy being big when others are small not when the tables can be turned
  • adzflow wrote:

joylesscato wrote:

drasko7 wrote:

Wouldn't you agree that with said accounts of 1mil+ is possible to have more complete fights? At the start of the server experienced players like you or Kermit (or cheaters of course), grow at a very fast rate, as a result, smaller players often get obliterated by superior tech and better economies. Now, i agree with you that the frenzy at the star of a new server makes it more interesting, but in my opinion it is nicer to fight when conditions are similar for everyone, so that no one starts at a disadvantage (all units upgraded, enough miracles, army big enough to wave properly...).But then again, I came back to ika only last year, so maybe the game changed so much that now there is a different way of playing it, like a mini game...
    true say it is now that accounts are getting close to being able to hold big armies that a lot of members left for the new server I guess they enjoy being big when others are small not when the tables can be turned
    i tried to play later game but players who have less points then me now will have disadvantage over me at any point
    like you wont catch up my ths and colony lvl no matter how much time you have
    and my towns are growing at faster rate then someone else so difference between 2 accs will be even greater with time
  • drasko7 wrote:

joylesscato wrote:

drasko7 wrote:

Wouldn't you agree that with said accounts of 1mil+ is possible to have more complete fights? At the start of the server experienced players like you or Kermit (or cheaters of course), grow at a very fast rate, as a result, smaller players often get obliterated by superior tech and better economies. Now, i agree with you that the frenzy at the star of a new server makes it more interesting, but in my opinion it is nicer to fight when conditions are similar for everyone, so that no one starts at a disadvantage (all units upgraded, enough miracles, army big enough to wave properly...).But then again, I came back to ika only last year, so maybe the game changed so much that now there is a different way of playing it, like a mini game...
    yeah but thats the point im trying to makegood players know how to play properly and they will grow fast even without ambro
    i personally dont buy ambro at all or if i buy i take 5-10 euro worth for whole time im playing there
    like on new server i am 7th on ts with almost 600k and i didnt spent anything on game yet so it is possible to keep up with others if you know how to play
    you just need to keep learning and every server you start you will grow a bit faster

I see your point, and I do agree with you that good players have the necessary building skills to cope with ambro users; I was talking more about the fighting side of the game. Maybe Heph is different with res bonus, but in other servers in the first 6 months, even if you are good, it's not easy to build an account that can do what abeged was talking about ^. Of course, you can fight anyone even as tiny player if you are good, but army rebuilding times, gold consumption, number of cities/miracles etc may limit your ability to fully benefit from the potential of the game...

Again, maybe Heph is different I see you guys are growing mad fast lol 8o
    "This Dog with three Heads denotes the past, the present, and the Time to come; which receive, and, as it were, devour all things"

• drasko7 wrote:

adzflow wrote:

joylesscato wrote:

drasko7 wrote:

i tried to play later game but players who have less points then me now will have disadvantage over me at any pointlike you wont catch up my ths and colony lvl no matter how much time you have
    and my towns are growing at faster rate then someone else so difference between 2 accs will be even greater with time
    And last thing from me, when you have a 5 mil acc fighting against 750k sure the difference is great, but I think that once you are decently big the score difference does not matter as much than for instance a 700k fighting against 300k... What do you think?

• once you have a decent set up in a few towns, no matter what your score you can handle a big army.
    as you can earn gold from pillaging by selling the goods allowing you to fund your army.
    everyone's playing style is different
  • adzflow wrote:

once you have a decent set up in a few towns, no matter what your score you can handle a big army.
    as you can earn gold from pillaging by selling the goods allowing you to fund your army.
    i remember on every server i ever played by the time i researched catas i would have 4k+ ms which is decent for fighting anyone if you know how to use them thus i dont get it why do you need to build your towns 6 months to be able to fund your army
    you can fund it from 2 weeks from the server start without any issues
    and if someone cant get to catas in 2 weeks from server start then they should not even play this game :D
  • drasko7 wrote:

adzflow wrote:

once you have a decent set up in a few towns, no matter what your score you can handle a big army.
    i remember on every server i ever played by the time i researched catas i would have 4k+ ms which is decent for fighting anyone if you know how to use them thus i dont get it why do you need to build your towns 6 months to be able to fund your armyyou can fund it from 2 weeks from the server start without any issues
    and if someone cant get to catas in 2 weeks from server start then they should not even play this game :D
    like I say everyones play style is different
  • This thread is pointless. I played on US Apollon 2-3 years ago and they have been crying for a merge for well years and still never got one.

No point asking them to make old servers more popular. What I believe they are doing is make the new servers worth playing on trying attract new people by giving perm bonuses. 2 servers ago 30% movement speed. Last server 50%. Then heph 30% bonuses resources then 20% less building speed.

But with this they are opening servers 3-6months. I’m hoping the next server is more war orientated but we will see. Maybe -30% building troops -20% build cost, -20% upkeep ;). Idk something stupid. Or just do a war server without piracy. Would be all over that.

I remember there was a message from the portfolio manager or something about ikariam development and what the lookto do for the future. But seen and heard nothing since.

Fast mini games is all what is left. Until something changes.
  • Piracy is a bummer for the guys who don't know how to play. I Cant see a merge coming. A war server would be good but don't they already have them? and I opened the thread as more of a discussion then crying for a merge lol. that was just a suggestion ::p
  • Well I don't think the issue is people that leave the server for a new one, if I check the total score from 1 to 400 just about 10% of that is inactive/vacation mode, if we go future some more will be inactive but overal I think it's still an okay server.

The issue is that they keep opening new servers and because of that new people wont signup in Hades because it's not the last server anymore.
    More chance they accidentally join Alpha or something.xD

A server merge, I don't know. I'd be pissed AF if I've been building for months/years and suddenly my cities are on different islands and completely out of my game-style.

In the end it's a game from 2008, eventually they all die slowly.

One completely new consideration would be to advertise in all servers for all players from all counties and let them sign up in one server, 8|