Factor Affecting the Change in the Battlefield

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Factor Affecting the Change in the Battlefield

Hi everyone!
    What's factor affects the changing of number of slots and number of troops per slot in a battlefield? Such as in slots in a battle. In an ordinary battlefield there's only 4 slot for swordsman and then each have 30 units per slot. What's the factor making it 6 slots and 40 units per slot?

Thanks for whoever is kind enough to answer. :)
    "A wise man speaks because they have something to say.
    A foolish speaks because they have to say something.
  • Hi!
    The size of the battlefield depends on the Level of the Town Hall. :)
    The higher the level of the Town Hall, the bigger the battlefield.

One thing to note is the Inland garrison limit. If the garrison limit is smaller than the DEFENDING number of units, the battle will happen OUTSIDE the town walls.
    The number of attacking units doesn't bring the battle outside the town walls.
    After the defenders' numbers become below the garrison limit, the fight will go inside the town, decreasing the size of the battlefield. For better or for worse, the walls will become the frontline of the defending side until they are destroyed.

Hope this helps!
    Disclaimer: Only started playing last February 2018. Veterans please correct me if I got anything wrong or if I missed important things.

@SiN BTW, what's your IGN in Heph?
  • Found this at the Game Guides section just now. Very helpful.

@JOSH IGN is Hoarny.

The Overflow battlefield.

The overflow battlefield occurs when the defending army goes over the garrison limit. This means that the battle takes place outside the wall of a city (which will reappear when the defending army goes under the garrison limit) and is the largest field possible.
    Garrison limit on land is calculated as
    250 + (50 x (town hall level + town wall level))
    If the number of units defending exceeds that number the battle will become an overflow.

A strategy with overflow battlefields that can be used is to exhaust your enemy's artillery ammunition and then bring the battle out of overflow into a battle where the walls come into play and being able to hold indefinitely.
  • @JOSH he just repeated what you said and also Thank you. he is supposed to say that but i think he forgot so i will thank you instead. hahaha
    @SiN there's an ingame Help, you can see all sorts of stuff you need to know in Ikariam there.
    I DON'T trust words,
    I TRUST ACTIONS.

servers playing: Eijipe
    Kaikias - Alliance SYN
    Hephaistos
    War Server - Alliance -PR-
  • SiN wrote:

Hi everyone!
    What's factor affects the changing of number of slots and number of troops per slot in a battlefield? Such as in slots in a battle. In an ordinary battlefield there's only 4 slot for swordsman and then each have 30 units per slot. What's the factor making it 6 slots and 40 units per slot?

eijipe wrote:

@JOSH he just repeated what you said and also Thank you. he is supposed to say that but i think he forgot so i will thank you instead. hahaha
    @SiN there's an ingame Help, you can see all sorts of stuff you need to know in Ikariam there.

I was thinking if I mispelled correctly what I said at the last sentence of my post of thanking whoever answers my question and reread it. But hey I think I got it right.
  • SiN wrote:

SiN wrote:

Hi everyone!

eijipe wrote:

@JOSH he just repeated what you said and also Thank you. he is supposed to say that but i think he forgot so i will thank you instead. hahaha
    I was thinking if I mispelled correctly what I said at the last sentence of my post of thanking whoever answers my question and reread it. But hey I think I got it right.
    yeah i also read it.. but is it hard to repeat saying thank you? you can even repeat @JOSH 's answer hahaha. anyways sorry if you didn't like me saying thanks for you.
    I DON'T trust words,
    I TRUST ACTIONS.

servers playing: Eijipe
    Kaikias - Alliance SYN
    Hephaistos
    War Server - Alliance -PR-
  • eijipe wrote:

SiN wrote:

SiN wrote:

Hi everyone!

eijipe wrote:

yeah i also read it.. but is it hard to repeat saying thank you? you can even repeat @JOSH 's answer hahaha. anyways sorry if you didn't like me saying thanks for you.
    First you said didn't say thank you in which I did. Second, how many "Thank you" do you want me to give? That's why I included in my post a "Thank you" in advance coz I know there will be people giving their thoughts and insights. Do you want me to thank you also for thanking josh for it? It's not like I'm against you thanking him for me. It is just that you were proclaiming I didn't say any thanks at all.

@JOSH thank you though. If you didn't get my thank you at all. I appreciate you for helping. I'm sorry if my thanks didn't reach you at all.