Controversial "Cheap" Moves: Asking for Veteran Fighters' Opinions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• on my own point of view, there is nothing to complaint on any of those options given. Those were all part of the game and they are options on what kind of fighting style you suit. its simply like marrying a woman. you cant take away what you hate about her and keep those that you like. its a package deal. Same as ikariam, if you hate some features of this wargame, its either adapt and just accept it or leave the game. When you already know how to play ikariam, it is clear that those said options are possible and ready for usage at any given time. I wonder why people still complaint whenever got beaten using any of those options, instead why don't you just find a way to prevent those options from being use by your enemy or master those options so it will be an advantage on your part instead of moaning about it. What i am really after is the SERVER MERGES or NEW SERVER release. if they can't combine hades and heph i am sending an open invitation to all players in those two servers to join the coming new server. lets rock each others world.
    • BaLTaZaR-PH- wrote:

on my own point of view, there is nothing to complaint on any of those options given. Those were all part of the game and they are options on what kind of fighting style you suit. its simply like marrying a woman. you cant take away what you hate about her and keep those that you like. its a package deal. Same as ikariam, if you hate some features of this wargame, its either adapt and just accept it or leave the game. When you already know how to play ikariam, it is clear that those said options are possible and ready for usage at any given time. I wonder why people still complaint whenever got beaten using any of those options, instead why don't you just find a way to prevent those options from being use by your enemy or master those options so it will be an advantage on your part instead of moaning about it. What i am really after is the SERVER MERGES or NEW SERVER release. if they can't combine hades and heph i am sending an open invitation to all players in those two servers to join the coming new server. lets rock each others world.
      I honestly don't think any mergers would happen any time soon. specially 2 barely new servers. They would probably release a new server soon. Who knows. We'll see. :)
    • BaLTaZaR-PH- wrote:

on my own point of view, there is nothing to complaint on any of those options given. Those were all part of the game and they are options on what kind of fighting style you suit. its simply like marrying a woman. you cant take away what you hate about her and keep those that you like. its a package deal. Same as ikariam, if you hate some features of this wargame, its either adapt and just accept it or leave the game. When you already know how to play ikariam, it is clear that those said options are possible and ready for usage at any given time. I wonder why people still complaint whenever got beaten using any of those options, instead why don't you just find a way to prevent those options from being use by your enemy or master those options so it will be an advantage on your part instead of moaning about it. What i am really after is the SERVER MERGES or NEW SERVER release. if they can't combine hades and heph i am sending an open invitation to all players in those two servers to join the coming new server. lets rock each others world.
      Well said..
    • Another scenario would be changing of government.
      While you are on battle or your troops is currently trapped on an island where your occupied ports are blocked. Just change your form of government and your troops will scatter.

I did this once but the con is you'll have to pay for the gold per town, 30 minutes per town and corruption deduction. But when having big military numbers and nothing can be done then this is one way of surviving.
      "A wise man speaks because they have something to say.
      A foolish speaks because they have to say something."

• Disclaimer: I've done all these methods at one point or another.

COLOSSUS:
      This is the way of the game, I cosign this. It's fine for me because I make sure to send troops in waves from mobiles, so it's rarely a big deal. You cut the time in limbo short using mobiles and wipe out the enemy with the next wave (if they don't run)
      AMBRO WARPING:
      I cosign this. When you have troops that 180 ships can't carry and you have a big target, it's a good tactic to use. I only see it beneficial if the target has 150k + GS. Although, it's an egg on your face when the person goes into vacation mode.
      SLOW BOAT:
      I cosign this for military reasons, where you're fighting someone. However, I don't cosign when people use this tactic for the sake of annoying someone.
      Vacation Mode to Scatter Troops and to Avoid War.
      I cosign this. Usually done when someone isn't able to be actively involved in a war so they can't protect their troops. I don't mind it because if you occupy one of their towns before they go into vacation mode, it's a good location to attack their alliance members from without getting attacked.
      Defending Enemy Port or Town:
      I cosign this. I usually get around it by spying where the troops have gone and attacking the location when leader is not present.
      Attacking a players when they are offline:
      I cosign this. The Perks of Spying. I'm not paying them a Building slot to not earn their keep haha
      Giving enough notice before attacking another alliance:
      I don't cosign this, why do people need a warning. The only time warnings should be given are when they are an ally or they are in diplo discussions with my alliance.
      Garrison Right Treaties:
      I cosign this. Covert missions. The enemy won't know you're coming.
      Another scenario would be changing of government.
      I'm 50/50 on this. If you change your government, you're not allowed to have any troop movements at all for the duration of anarchy. If someone attacks you and does this, it's easy to find out where the troops came from and you just wait till they come back from limbo and time an attack to land as soon as they return.
      • Thinking Nothing. Baseless Thoughts. Let The Darkness In The Cracks Take Over.

• Lord Of Pillages AKA BadManS.
      • Alpha Player
      • Member Of COM