Ambrosia feature request: change cooldown to count all temples

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ambrosia feature request: change cooldown to count all temples

Do you like this suggestion? 23
        Yes (4) 17%
        No (19) 83%
      General Information:

For a modest Ambrosia payment the cooldown of Miracles becomes based on the total number of Temples a player has, not just the ones dedicated to that Miracle.

What are you suggesting?

Currently the cooldown of a Miracle is based on the number of Temples on islands with that Miracle. For instance, if 10 of your towns have Temples and 4 of them are dedicated to Poseidon, then the cooldown for Poseidon is based on 4 Temples; with my suggestion the player could pay for the cooldown to be based off 10 Temples.

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

In particular it will mean players do not need so many cities on islands with the holy trifecta of Forge, Poseidon, and Colossus. With a minor in Hades. In peacetime, there will be less need for cities with on Poseidon isles.

Suggestion Reason:

I really only see the big three used and this change will allow players to experiment with new strategies. Lesser-used Miracles like Gaia, Ares, and Athena might start getting used. For a price.

Special Notes:

The payment should be on a longer-term basis - 10 days, 1 month, 2 months - as per other Ambrosia features.
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.

The post was edited 1 time, last by -Hera- ().

• This would mean you would have all miracles on the minimum cooldown.
      That would be so busted, I don't even know what to say. I don't want to play against everyone having the equivilant of 12 colossus.
      I don't have a problem with it only being three miracles that are contested. It makes the fight for islands important, and is an additional noiance of play in the earlygame.
    • i voted yes because ambro players need more stuff to spend ambro on
      but i would rather want to see other miracles to get evened up with pose and forge
      maybe remodel them to get you better effects
      i am kinda surprised with gf because they didnt change that in so many years and this is a big problem for years
      They should of change that without suggestion
    • drasko7 wrote:

i voted yes because ambro players need more stuff to spend ambro on
      but i would rather want to see other miracles to get evened up with pose and forge
      i am kinda surprised with gf because they didnt change that in so many years and this is a big problem for years
      I'm with drasko to remodel some of the miracles for them to be more inviting for players to use. Everyone's just on Pose and Forge right now.
    • for me, no need to to change cooldown, remodel other miracles whatever, instead, remove other miracles except forge, pos, and colo. make all the islands in ikariam build only with those 3 miracles.

Advantage: if all islands will only have those 3 said miracles, players will be closer with each other. no need to build your towns in far away coordinates just to get a good miracle. and what's good with players being close with each other?.. during wars, players will most likely to participate in every battle due to less distance. battles will take lesser time to happen. and players will be forced to be more active in guarding thier towns everyday. nowadays, wars are ot anymore that exciting to take part due to players are too far from each other. more battles, means will trigger more war, more war means more resources. more resources means more ambro to buy package and warehuse multiplier and padlock. gameforge will benefit with this kind of change. those islands with bad miracles just make the server too wide for players to fight. as what is always said, in wargames always keep your enemies close. and your friends closer. hahahahaha
    • drasko7 wrote:

i voted yes because ambro players need more stuff to spend ambro on
      What you mean! They can buy gold! They can buy citizens 2 massive factors when starting accounts. They can now buy resource packs. They can even now speed up palaces. The things you can spend ambro now is a joke.

You could have 11 colonies in like 1 hour if you really wanted too... don’t need any more ambro features espically ones that make them invincible.
    • does that mean that you can have the minimum cooldown on every miracle?. what will happen to your own "playstyle" if that is possible?
      you don't even need to choose anymore what miracles are you going to have because you can just have them all with the minimum cooldown.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aphr0dite ().

• popeye wrote:

I'm sorry to question that is not relative to thread. Since I'm a newbie, my question is: In order to decrease wonder's cooldown. all of temples need to be on different islands or just need to be on same island ?
      It doesnt matter if its on the same island or not. as long as same miracle. :)
    • Pepi wrote:

popeye wrote:

I'm sorry to question that is not relative to thread. Since I'm a newbie, my question is: In order to decrease wonder's cooldown. all of temples need to be on different islands or just need to be on same island ?
      in addition its better to put in towns at good miracle in same island bro. you only need to upgrade mills in just a single island.. and another thing, make 10 dummies linked to your account so you can upgrade the miracle and the mills high with less hustle.. just a tip for a new comer.
    • Pepi wrote:

popeye wrote:

BaLTaZaR-PH- wrote:

Pepi wrote:

popeye wrote:

in addition its better to put in towns at good miracle in same island bro. you only need to upgrade mills in just a single island.. and another thing, make 10 dummies linked to your account so you can upgrade the miracle and the mills high with less hustle.. just a tip for a new comer.
      thanks you guys. Helpful answers ! :love: :love: :love:
    • I'm sorry but Ambro is already creating an imbalance in the game, I understand and thankful for GF in including it as a way to keep the cost of the servers and its appreciated if you're starting new and want to quickly level up.

But ambro should be banned in conflicts / gauntlet wars. For players with hefty bank accounts its like bringing a musket into a nuke fight.

I would agree to have more diverse and new miracles but not boost up their usage because you have a.....credit card.
      Nostalgic Ikariam ancient.. ?( 8| 8o
    • Long time ago, when miracles created, i sow them like only weapon in "war" against buying this game from Bigambro player..

Today, im afraid, that only hope for this game is:

Only islands WITH many ip shares accounts, and milion ambro, can have miracle on max with time of cooldown 0 second. That will be fair. :)
    • Quartz wrote:

oracle wrote:

Intention and motivation is good however realistically, people are going to use this to upgrade their big three miracles without the effort.
      How is that actually a problem?
      You are proposing that all the planning, strategy and the ambro spent to move towns to ideal islands with the proper miracles, the sacrifices made in order to have 4 Poseidon or 5 forges are just negated. If that is the case, I want credits back for the Ambro I have wasted.
    • Quartz wrote:

oracle wrote:

Intention and motivation is good however realistically, people are going to use this to upgrade their big three miracles without the effort.
      How is that actually a problem?
      If you want a fully buyable game with any option for ambrosies - sorry I though you are more experienced and better player.
      Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein