Best way to grow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Raisins wrote:

Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

Most important resource might be citizens. I see loads of people with 3, 4, or more colonies and yet their town halls are all <10. Citizens are needed to produce any resource so get that number as high as possible by upgrading town hall, tavern, and museum.

I'm not that far along now but I'm at the point where I want to upgrade architect office and carpenter workshop as well. Can any more experienced player tell me if this is a good move? Having these buildings at level 20 sure would be nice.
    would definitely recommend you maxing them up to level 32. i usually get all the reduction buildings (the fireworks i only get for cities that produce armies). it's also so much cheaper to upgrade your palace and governors residences when they're maxed. I promise you they'll be worth it. :thumbup:
    I'm really starting to run out of building space in my towns and don't know how I can keep up. What buildings would you say you can skip over in most towns? I've found them all really crucial, especially embassies (I lead an alliance)
    I usually go with this build.

2 warehouse
    Depot
    Academy
    Wine press
    Architect
    Carpenter
    Tavern
    Temple
    Hideout
    Optician
    Palace/Governor's Residence

For the last 2 spots i either go:
    1. Fireworks + Barracks (if an army building city)
    2. Embassy + Increased Resource Gathering Building (if i need an Embassy on that city)
    3. Forester + Increased Luxury Resource Gathering Building.

PS: For early game i usually go 4 Warehouse then just demolish the other 2 once i have Depot ready.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pepi ().

• Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

Most important resource might be citizens. I see loads of people with 3, 4, or more colonies and yet their town halls are all <10. Citizens are needed to produce any resource so get that number as high as possible by upgrading town hall, tavern, and museum.

I'm not that far along now but I'm at the point where I want to upgrade architect office and carpenter workshop as well. Can any more experienced player tell me if this is a good move? Having these buildings at level 20 sure would be nice.
    would definitely recommend you maxing them up to level 32. i usually get all the reduction buildings (the fireworks i only get for cities that produce armies). it's also so much cheaper to upgrade your palace and governors residences when they're maxed. I promise you they'll be worth it. :thumbup:
    I'm really starting to run out of building space in my towns and don't know how I can keep up. What buildings would you say you can skip over in most towns? I've found them all really crucial, especially embassies (I lead an alliance)
    I usually go with this build.
    2 warehouse
    Depot
    Academy
    Wine press
    Architect
    Carpenter
    Tavern
    Temple
    Hideout
    Optician

2. Embassy + Increased Resource Gathering Building (if i need an Embassy on that city)

PS: For early game i usually go 4 Warehouse then just demolish the other 2 once i have Depot ready.
    I haven't researched all the discount buildings yet but mine are looking pretty similar. Is it such a bad thing to have barracks in each town? My colonies are fairly spread out and I like to be able to train things quickly.

Also no trading posts? Do those start falling off? I've noticed the deals I can find are drying up on some of my islands but some people still participate.
    Raisins of alliance LATIN.
    Server Hephaistos UK
  • Raisins wrote:

Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

I usually go with this build.2 warehouse
    Depot
    Academy
    Wine press
    Architect
    Carpenter
    Tavern
    Temple
    Hideout
    Optician

I haven't researched all the discount buildings yet but mine are looking pretty similar. Is it such a bad thing to have barracks in each town? My colonies are fairly spread out and I like to be able to train things quickly.
    Also no trading posts? Do those start falling off? I've noticed the deals I can find are drying up on some of my islands but some people still participate.
    well, the last 2 buildings are optional. you can mix and match the way you like it. and this is only my personal preference. :)
    Trading posts are also pretty nice. you could probably go Trading Post + Barracks if you want.

I don't really do barracks every town but i guess you could do that if you really want to. :)
  • Raisins wrote:

Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

i tend to build a core of these buildings

1. Warehouse
    2. Warehouse
    3. Warehouse
    4. GR/Palace
    5. Tavern
    6. Winepress/Museum
    7. Hideout
    8. Academy
    9. Carpenters
    10. Architecture

Last 4 depend on the player, the resource of the town and the play style.

i tend to have Temple on my 14th slot. can be expensive early game

Crystal colonies i have Optician and work shop, which would leave 1 spot for another warehouse/ barracks/depot

Sulphur colonies Barracks and fireworks. last spot warehouse/depot

Marble colonies i tend to have a barracks then either Embassy/Trading post then last spot fireworks/ warehouse/ depot

Wine islands Winery and barracks than either fireworks/ warehouse/ depot

i normally always have a Shipyard and trading port.

Growing town halls and citizens are really important. i like to use a spear pack early do a 1-9 barbs which gives you a good amount of crystal for academys and a level 2 palace. plus the gold needed. i get town hall to 4 and release spears into the town hall to balance gold and extra resources to plant colonies ect.

Pirate fortress also great for early gold to get them colonies down.

Barbarian technique is by far the quickest way to grow. but on war servers i think efficient looting could be better.
  • Kermit The Frog wrote:

Raisins wrote:

Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

i tend to build a core of these buildings
    1. Warehouse
    2. Warehouse
    3. Warehouse
    4. GR/Palace
    5. Tavern
    6. Winepress/Museum
    7. Hideout
    8. Academy
    9. Carpenters
    10. Architecture

Crystal colonies i have Optician and work shop, which would leave 1 spot for another warehouse/ barracks/depot

Marble colonies i tend to have a barracks then either Embassy/Trading post then last spot fireworks/ warehouse/ depot

Growing town halls and citizens are really important. i like to use a spear pack early do a 1-9 barbs which gives you a good amount of crystal for academys and a level 2 palace. plus the gold needed. i get town hall to 4 and release spears into the town hall to balance gold and extra resources to plant colonies ect.

Barbarian technique is by far the quickest way to grow. but on war servers i think efficient looting could be better.
    Interesting you do shipyard + trading port. I do the same thing (except on wine islands) but so many people I see only have a shipyard in their main town. Seems like a huge strategic weakness.
    Raisins of alliance LATIN.
    Server Hephaistos UK
  • Raisins wrote:

Kermit The Frog wrote:

Raisins wrote:

Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

i tend to build a core of these buildings1. Warehouse
    2. Warehouse
    3. Warehouse
    4. GR/Palace
    5. Tavern
    6. Winepress/Museum
    7. Hideout
    8. Academy
    9. Carpenters
    10. Architecture

Interesting you do shipyard + trading port. I do the same thing (except on wine islands) but so many people I see only have a shipyard in their main town. Seems like a huge strategic weakness.
    i do it everywhere if someone blocks you, you want to be able to free your ports. also gives your account some flexibility to become a navy player if called upon. i like my accounts to be ready for anything ;)
  • maybe we should ask @BaLTaZaR-PH- what's the best way to grow, as he said he can grow any account to 1m in just a month.
    to baltazar: this is your time to shine! please share some knowledge on how to grow so fast. :D
    I DON'T trust words,
    I TRUST ACTIONS.

servers playing: Eijipe
    Kaikias - Alliance SYN
    Hephaistos
    War Server - Alliance -PR-