Best way to grow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Best way to grow

Hey guys i have been playing for a couple of servers know and have learn some tactics how to grow fast and so on :P i thought that we could share them here :D

The most important is the academy it will put you in a better place for war in stuff like better troops more inhabitants

next stuff is townhall and tavern, this will help you still have a good balance while you have alot of scientists

then i focus carpenter :D

You have any tips and ideas for the new players? share them so we can get new people to this game who can get addicted like us :gamer:
  • Quartz wrote:

The two best buildings you can build are the Carpenter and the Architect. You're correct about the Academy, but I think you're forgetting the Museum. A fully upgraded (level 21) Museum can feed a level 18 Town Hall on its own.
    ofc musum is pretty good and capenter and architect, but i think from the begging from what is easy to research fast! :P
  • From my expirence in last server, i found seven new players. All thems i learned about barbarians accros mobile town. All seven is now really active and always want learn more...
    Because that i think that pillaging of barbarians in start ( acros mobile town of course ), can give new player much...Resources, learning of combat slots, golds..

Many good old players we have here ( Skar, Juggalo..), which grow fast and will sold hard units to new players..With hard units, and barbarians, new player can play and learn fast in peace

We just CANT right to learn new players about multis, ipshares, and other thing which killing our paradise..

Everyone from us, can find time to speak with new..old player know very easy, who is new, who isnt..
  • mostarac wrote:

From my expirence in last server, i found seven new players. All thems i learned about barbarians accros mobile town. All seven is now really active and always want learn more...
    Because that i think that pillaging of barbarians in start ( acros mobile town of course ), can give new player much...Resources, learning of combat slots, golds..

Many good old players we have here ( Skar, Juggalo..), which grow fast and will sold hard units to new players..With hard units, and barbarians, new player can play and learn fast in peace

We just CANT right to learn new players about multis, ipshares, and other thing which killing our paradise..

Everyone from us, can find time to speak with new..old player know very easy, who is new, who isnt..
    here comes baltazar's substitute. always crying about multis and IPshares. hahaha
    we can all play multis it's your choice if you want to or not so stop crying in every thread about them or maybe it's because you saw someone's multi on the premium spot? hahaha. :)
    I DON'T trust words,
    I TRUST ACTIONS.

servers playing: Eijipe
    Kaikias - Alliance SYN
    Hephaistos
    War Server - Alliance -PR-
  • Nah nah. It's honestly part of the topic.
    There's definitely shade in it but it's extremely relevant.

It's a counter argument to the one above it. If someone says that IP shared multis are bad and people follow that advise, then they miss out on the benefits of using multis.

Would I rather gameforge remove IP sharing up to 11 accounts? YEAH.
    While they still haven't and IP shared multis are part of the game, will I use it to my advantage? YEAH.
  • Quartz wrote:

The two best buildings you can build are the Carpenter and the Architect. You're correct about the Academy, but I think you're forgetting the Museum. A fully upgraded (level 21) Museum can feed a level 18 Town Hall on its own.
    lol Museums what are they?

if you like to fight and play server to server i replace museums with winepresses. done it on 4/5 servers now. museums are to messy and get in the way.

@war server players this would be my recommendation.

but growing fast you have the barbs you can hit. low tier troop and ship packs for population. this also gives some resources.

pillaging player and inactive around you. so high hideouts to help with that
  • JOSH wrote:

LOL. When it's Pepi growing fast, it's Pepi being a tumor and destroying the game.

I never said Pepi is tumor of game, only Bob Builder is. Its fact, Bob is.
    Impossible is that Bob Builder is Pepi.

First, Pepi have rl problems, and havent time for play here for top one position. Because that, he delayed war in Heph. He is not chicken.

Second, Pepi havent any conect with players whic steal nicknames, multiplayers, he is elite member and respect other players.

@legendaryn
    Sorry man, every topic Josh, razcide and eijipe, must destroy. So i want back on topic.

One circle, 39ivl barbarians, player can pillage in lot accomulated 1.700.000.resources and more then 1.000.000. golds. I think that for every player can be enough, especialy in war server, where is combats faster. Only, they need help in hard units( ballons, mortar, steam giants).
  • @mostarac
    Same difference. You're totally focusing on other things and ignoring my point. Your statement actually supports my claim even further. Whether it's Bob or Pepi or JOSH or Joe or whoever, as long as it's not one of your friends or someone you're scared of, multis and ambro use, "is destroying the game." But when it's someone you're all buddies with or someone you know is better than you, you conveniently have a change in opinion regarding IP shared multis and ambro usage.

On topic comment:
    Regarding fighting barbarians in high levels, players need to invest a lot of the gold they get into getting more ships to be able to get more and more loot. For example, at level 39, you need a total of 357 ships if you want to get all the loot in one go. Players who haven't gone this high should know that they'll have a chance to pillage the loot more than just once because they can pillage the barbarians again while they're still rebuilding. If you're not getting all the loot anymore, it's your choice if you think continuing is worth it or not.

Also, to be more accurate, you can accumulate 1,375,525 GOLD and 1,727,250 resources from defeating barbarians up to level 39. However, this does not factor in the upkeep for the army to get to this level and the unit losses. You'll lose steam giants and swords. Other units, too, if you don't do it right.

Worth mentioning, If you go further:
    If you beat them up to level 44, you get a total 2,049,525 gold and 2,915,498 resources. You'll need a lot more swords and a lot more SGs if you do it that high.
    If you beat them up to level 50, you get a total of 3,174,775 gold and 5,261,398 resources. I don't recommend going this high though. You'll need a massive army for this. Level 48 is where I usually stop.

If asking "When to stop?", you'll get different responses from different players. I guess it's all up to the player and whatever fits his or her style.
  • Thanks God of the seas, Josh finnaly wrote something useful :)
    I pray God of Blacksmiths, to give some strong Josh, how he will can say " Yes, is not fair steal nicknames other players!"
    Im not scare anybody man, and my friends arent stealers:-) im always in top 3offensive, every my points was made on bigger and better then me :)

Im not grow fast, im 80th in TS now, but thats no mean, that you dont must donate with all ipshares in God of sun Helios. Maybe you dont want that, but you must :)

Back my nickname man..
    We will play after, now i only need one thing, my nickname belong me, not to multi which made safe island for Bob Steal Builder.

Regards, and if you have time, write more about barbarians, my english is bad, sorry for that.
  • Fastest ways to grow as I see it is: pillage barbs and every inactive town. By collecting resources, you can build much faster in a few days and grow your TS.

If you take a look at your score sections, you find it mainly consists of (Master Builder, Generals, Scientists) + no. of citizens.

By building and upgrading buildings, you increase the Master builder which is the main bulk of your score, finishing researches adds to Scientists, so make sure to have large academies in all towns, and troops add to generals while large town halls are the main no doubt.

Keep in mind to have an army equivalent to the size of your towns to keep positive gold income and a balanced production of resources and scientist to keep growing. An oversized army can hinder your growth, so don't focus on one thing and neglect others since ikariam is a LONG TERM game.

Reminder to everyone:

Please avoid replying with off topic comments, please. Remember the Board Rules. It's spam. :)
    PHRO Founder
    Kikoguns

Board Rules - Support
  • Kikoguns wrote:

Fastest ways to grow as I see it is: pillage barbs and every inactive town. By collecting resources, you can build much faster in a few days and grow your TS.

If you take a look at your score sections, you find it mainly consists of (Master Builder, Generals, Scientists) + no. of citizens.

By building and upgrading buildings, you increase the Master builder which is the main bulk of your score, finishing researches adds to Scientists, so make sure to have large academies in all towns, and troops add to generals while large town halls are the main no doubt.

Keep in mind to have an army equivalent to the size of your towns to keep positive gold income and a balanced production of resources and scientist to keep growing. An oversized army can hinder your growth, so don't focus on one thing and neglect others since ikariam is a LONG TERM game.

Reminder to everyone:

Please avoid replying with off topic comments, please. Remember the Board Rules. It's spam. :)
    that's the best way brother. In addition much better also if your a trader, a buy and sell style.
  • Trading is also great especially if you aren't much of a fighter in this game. Busy players with real life don't have time for battles. You should always be online when you send troops into battle to keep monitoring and waving. NEVER send your full army and go to bed. ;)
    PHRO Founder
    Kikoguns

Board Rules - Support
  • Most important resource might be citizens. I see loads of people with 3, 4, or more colonies and yet their town halls are all <10. Citizens are needed to produce any resource so get that number as high as possible by upgrading town hall, tavern, and museum.

I'm not that far along now but I'm at the point where I want to upgrade architect office and carpenter workshop as well. Can any more experienced player tell me if this is a good move? Having these buildings at level 20 sure would be nice.
    Raisins of alliance LATIN.
    Server Hephaistos UK
  • Raisins wrote:

Most important resource might be citizens. I see loads of people with 3, 4, or more colonies and yet their town halls are all <10. Citizens are needed to produce any resource so get that number as high as possible by upgrading town hall, tavern, and museum.

I'm not that far along now but I'm at the point where I want to upgrade architect office and carpenter workshop as well. Can any more experienced player tell me if this is a good move? Having these buildings at level 20 sure would be nice.
    would definitely recommend you maxing them up to level 32. i usually get all the reduction buildings (the fireworks i only get for cities that produce armies). it's also so much cheaper to upgrade your palace and governors residences when they're maxed. I promise you they'll be worth it. :thumbup:
  • Pepi wrote:

Raisins wrote:

Most important resource might be citizens. I see loads of people with 3, 4, or more colonies and yet their town halls are all <10. Citizens are needed to produce any resource so get that number as high as possible by upgrading town hall, tavern, and museum.

would definitely recommend you maxing them up to level 32. i usually get all the reduction buildings (the fireworks i only get for cities that produce armies). it's also so much cheaper to upgrade your palace and governors residences when they're maxed. I promise you they'll be worth it. :thumbup:
    I'm really starting to run out of building space in my towns and don't know how I can keep up. What buildings would you say you can skip over in most towns? I've found them all really crucial, especially embassies (I lead an alliance)
    Raisins of alliance LATIN.
    Server Hephaistos UK