Pushing rule

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pushing rule

I have been seem players who get banned for pushing for a while but what i don't understand is why people who have for example 200k totalscore get recourses from a account with 100 or 150k totalscore

That make no sense because the player who sent the recourses are still big enough to fight back if he don't! i would accept that if it was 50k totalscore against 1M, so i wondering if GO have a kind of spare when it's okay or it dosn't matter at all? We have discussed this on the Swedish server and i know that a couple of people want to give back to the bigger accounts for help earlier in the game when they were new but they can't because of the rules!

can i get a explanation about this please? :P
    • Hello,
      a quick clarification.

Normal "Pushing" happens when someone sends resources to a bigger account without receiving anything back in following 48 hours. Anyway, we do not ban after 48h and a minute: so in case a couple of players is honestly trading, and something happens in the middle (e.g. wars, occupation of port, very long distances, etc) and this timeframe needs to be delayed, a support ticket can be opened, in order to explain the situation. We then normally find a agreement, in order to avoid ban of involved accounts, and help users to complete trade. If we do not receive any communication, we quite surely ban all involved accounts.

Note that pushing rule does not apply in case a big account sends resource to a small one, or in case both accounts are in a score range of 5%: e.g. if account A has 5Mpoints and account B has. 5.1M points, and A sends 50,000 wine to B without receiving anything back, we consider shipment fair, and we do not ban.

Instead, we always ban a small player who sends unsolicited resources to another player, in order to let him be banned.

Please note: when we notice a pushing case, we normally DO NOT warn involved users: tthey are the only responsiiblie of their activities

Pushing applies to piracy too.

Kind regards

ContactMe | GameRules |GameSupport
      thx to PhoEniX Rising for the sig
    • What about trading in ratios?

For instance, it's quite fair to say that in this game, marble or crystal is not worth the same as wood or wine

What if a bigger player sends 10k marble to a smaller player who pays back with 20k wood. Does the small player 'push' with the extra 10k in this case?
      If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.
    • Flexta McSignals wrote:

What about trading in ratios?

For instance, it's quite fair to say that in this game, marble or crystal is not worth the same as wood or wine
      Every resource in game is in equal value. And saying that wood isn't worth the same as marble or crystal is wrong.
      Wood is the basic material for every building, unit and mines, with out it theres nothing you can do.
      Every trading deal must bet in 1:1 or 1:1,5 ratio.
    • Monk of Darkness wrote:

Every resource in game is in equal value. And saying that wood isn't worth the same as marble or crystal is wrong.
      I'm saying exactly that.

Now I'm not a student of economics but if you have 6 cities that all collect wood and 1 city that collects crystal, that easily shows that crystal is harder to come by.

Try asking your alliance to trade you wood and try asking them to trade you crystal. Which one are they most likely to have? Another argument would be to open your market and search for different resources. I personally always find someone selling sulphur and wine because those are resources that you either accumulate in great amounts (wine) or only use extensively in war times (sulphur).

ANOTHER argument would be that there is a reason why people often have 4-5 marble towns and very rarely more than 1 sulphur town. You are also more likely to build your second wine city before building a second crystal city. I personally don't know a single player who has for instance 8 cities that are 2 of each resource.

Monk of Darkness wrote:

Every trading deal must bet in 1:1 or 1:1,5 ratio.
      Now this is the answer I was looking for. Are these numbers official, can a GO confirm this?
      If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.
    • Flexta McSignals wrote:

What if a bigger player sends 10k marble to a smaller player who pays back with 20k wood. Does the small player 'push' with the extra 10k in this case?
      No, we consider it as fair trade.

Rekt wrote:

Sampisa wrote:

Pushing applies to piracy too.
      How exactly? Can you explain?
      Already explained : new version of pushing rule

Game Rules I Support
      "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."
    • MrSniperZ wrote:

Flexta McSignals wrote:

How can it be fair if the smaller player sends extra resources?
      PHRO Founder
      Kikoguns

Board Rules - Support
    • Because it was trade for luxury resources.

Player1 25 000 points
      Player 2 150 000 points

Player 1 ---》25 000 bm player2
      Player 2 ---》 20 000 mb player1
      =
      Fair trade

Player 1---》 100 000 bm player2
      player2---》 50 000 cg player 1
      =
      Unfair trade

Game Rules I Support
      "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."
    • MrSniperZ wrote:

Because it was trade for luxury resources.
      Whats the difference between wood and luxury resource, because from what I know, it dosn't matter if its wood or luxury type or resource. Important is that in trading deal bigger player don't get more than 1,5 times or resources what he was sending to the smaller player.

MrSniperZ wrote:

Player1 25 000 points
      Player 2 150 000 points

Player 1 ---》25 000 bm player2
      Player 2 ---》 20 000 mb player1
      =
      Fair trade
      Agree, because trading ratio was 1:1,25

MrSniperZ wrote:

Player 1---》 100 000 bm player2
      player2---》 50 000 cg player 1
      =
      Unfair trade
      Agree, because trading ratio was 1:2

MrSniperZ wrote:

Flexta McSignals wrote:

Disagree, because trading ratio was 1:2

Example, I have 7 towns with lvl37 forests and 3 towns with lvl36 forests. I have carpenter in every town and i use steam saw and in 4 towns with lvl37 forests i have lvl32 forester's house, but still, wood is deficit for me. I can assure you that I'm not the only one who thinks that wood is in the same equality as luxury resources.
    • Hello Players,
      please let me give a little explanation
      We consider "fair trade" when players stay inside a reasonable ratio, that does not depend just to the price or type of resources, but to the position on map, involved players, specific alliance situation, etc. So in some cases we accept a ratio, in other cases another one. It is impossible to give a specific "table" (or ratio) with examples to follow, and also the ones provided by MrSniperZ are just custom examples related to some specific situations that can differ from server to server, player to player, moment to moment.
      My suggestion is always the same: keep trade always on 1:1 as much as possible. In case you need to move a significant different amount in some specific situation (war, occupations, etc) I recommend to always contact GO to inform him/her about what is happening. We are often lenient with honest players, and we try to help in cases like that. We do not accept - obviously - clarifications after a ban was warranted.
      Finally, just to be clear, any request like "if I send a amount X of resource R to my friend U, how many resources Y can I receive back from U in order to avoid pushing ban?" will always receive "Make a 1:1 trade" answer.
      For any further detail, feel free to contact your GO.
      Kind regards.

ContactMe | GameRules |GameSupport
      thx to PhoEniX Rising for the sig
    • hello, how about this?..
      50k Player 1 and 100k Player 2 has a war that counts resources looted.
      and Player 1 who has a lower points sends 50k to Player 2 just to pillage it.. is that counted as pushing?
      the smaller player is the one who wants to gain advantage... and if it's the other way around is it not counted as pushing?
      just want to know though, that just comes to my mind.. :D :D

iots wrote:

3. Pushing **
      It is not allowed to gain an advantage at the expense of weaker players. A player is considered weaker if his total highscore is lower than that of the accused.

Hephaistos - Eijipe - Frogs
      War Server - Eijipe - -PR-
    • eijipe wrote:

50k Player 1 and 100k Player 2 has a war that counts resources looted.
      and Player 1 who has a lower points sends 50k to Player 2 just to pillage it.. is that counted as pushing?
      the smaller player is the one who wants to gain advantage... and if it's the other way around is it not counted as pushing?
      just want to know though, that just comes to my mind.. :D :D
      In this case player 2 have to inform GO about this situation, because player 1 is on purpose trying to make player 2 violate pushing rule.
      If the bigger player sends resources to smaller player and than pillage them, than its not violation of rules.
      P.S.
      Whats the fun of war that counts resources? War that counts destroyed units is war, otherwise its just pillaging not war.
    • most of the wars in our server are declared just to farm a certain alliance. and pillaging is also part of a war, even in our histories war are waged to gain resources. :)
      so if it's the bigger one who will send the resources it's not a violation of the rules?. then if the bigger player's alliance is losing the war they will just send resources to small players and pillage them?
      okay i get it now, :D thanks.

Hephaistos - Eijipe - Frogs
      War Server - Eijipe - -PR-
    • I don't mind pillaging enemy players, just don't count pillaged resources as points in war, because if i pillage enemy and he or his ally member pillage those resources back, than both sides gets points, but in reality nobody has gain some resources.
      P.S.
      I'm talking about pushing rule, not war rules.