Corruption and Cultural goods treaties?!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Corruption and Cultural goods treaties?!

So, I was exploring the wiki for ikariam today, I found this:

"Attacking a city owned by a player you share a cultural goods treaty with greatly angers your citizens and causes the population across all your cities to dramatically decrease (the Growth Rate is decreased by -50 citizens/hour) for the next 4 hours. This also applies during the 3 days period for a treaty cancellation and sums up if eventually you attack more than one player you share a cultural good with, so that your Growth Rate may even reach a -100 citizens/hour status or more."

The wiki is a bit old and much info needs update, so I wanna make sure this whole thing about CTs and growth is true, especially because I got a CT with someone willing to have a war with me.
    Anyone got a clue or tried this thing before?
  • This is legit. In my recent war with RW, I had a CT with their leader but I ignored the warning and got the penalty.
    You'll lose -50 citizens/hour per town. That means a total of 200 per town.

However, it is noteworthy to know that the current happiness of your towns will offset the total citizens decrease. For example, if you have happiness in one town to have +10 citizens per hour, you'll have a total of -40 citizens per hour. Not really a big difference but it exists and can be taken into consideration.

This might not sound much but imagine this: if you have a total of 6 towns, that would mean you would lose a total of around 1,200 citizens. That's around 3,600 gold per hour you lost. If you are at war, chances are you need that gold. Unless you have spearmen to offset the great decrease in population, I would advise against attacking someone you have a CT with unless you definitely want to surprise them and you can take the citizen loss.
    Good luck with the war!
  • JOSH wrote:

This is legit. In my recent war with RW, I had a CT with their leader but I ignored the warning and got the penalty.
    You'll lose -50 citizens/hour per town. That means a total of 200 per town.

However, it is noteworthy to know that the current happiness of your towns will offset the total citizens decrease. For example, if you have happiness in one town to have +10 citizens per hour, you'll have a total of -40 citizens per hour. Not really a big difference but it exists and can be taken into consideration.

This might not sound much but imagine this: if you have a total of 6 towns, that would mean you would lose a total of around 1,200 citizens. That's around 3,600 gold per hour you lost. If you are at war, chances are you need that gold. Unless you have spearmen to offset the great decrease in population, I would advise against attacking someone you have a CT with unless you definitely want to surprise them and you can take the citizen loss.
    Good luck with the war!
    Thanks a lot! :D

eijipe wrote:

just cancel your cts first and wait. :D
    that way, you two can fight without worrying about it. :)

But the wiki says that the growth decrease also occurs for 3 days if cancelled:

Eddard wrote:

This also applies during the 3 days period for a treaty cancellation

or did I get it wrong?

And does attacking them cancel the CT, or will it happen every time I attack them?
  • To put it into simple terms, after you decide to cancel the CT, it will take 3 days to final cancel it. The 3 days is a buffer period, kind of like a period to prepare for war.

It only happens once. Once you receive the penalty, you automatically lose the CT and you won't receive the penalty again unless you once again attack someone you have a CT with.
  • JOSH wrote:

To put it into simple terms, after you decide to cancel the CT, it will take 3 days to final cancel it. The 3 days is a buffer period, kind of like a period to prepare for war.

It only happens once. Once you receive the penalty, you automatically lose the CT and you won't receive the penalty again unless you once again attack someone you have a CT with.
    So, cancelling the treaty won't have a penalty or growth reduction, provided that I don't attack them?