Alliance at war with us abusing a loop hole with Godly Protection feature

• No Bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Alliance at war with us abusing a loop hole with Godly Protection feature

General Data
    Dear support team,

I would like to report a bug or misuse of the Godly Protection feature for an unfair advantage at war.
    The Godly Protection feature purpose is to protect new beginners in their very first steps in the game. So they can start playing without being attacked until they are ready for their next step.

An alliance at war with us, discovered that they can abuse the Godly Protection feature. They take new users keep them under Godly Protection but progress with the researches until they are able to open and develop a black market and trading post. Then they attack my alliance with their regular users and then immediately sell the whole army, sea and land, to the new user under Godly Protection.

Then our alliance cannot retaliate, we are unable to do anything about this army, You can't attack it as its being place in a user under godly protection. Whenever they feel like they'll buy back the army and continue to attack us.

This is an unfair abuse of the Godly Protection feature!

Easy solution for this abuse: Once a new user under Godly Protection buys or sells army in the black market or in the trading post, it must be removed from the Godly Protection feature.

I have some sample screen shots of users under godly protection with 60000+ generals for your review as proof:

prnt.sc/kced41 - A couple of users Atlas-2101, Prometheus-1274 in Zeta server in Israel's world abusing the Godly Protection feature.

prnt.sc/kcedd1 - please checkout user Atlas-2101 in Zeta server in Israel at this time.

Thanks & regards

Yoad

NSW_YOYO

Server: Zeta, Israel

Browser (+full version data):
    All

Account Data (in Options ingame)

Server/World: Zeta/Israel
    Player-ID:
    InGame Name: Atlas-2101, Prometheus-1274

Other/Further Information:

Screenshot (if any):
    prnt.sc/kced41
    prnt.sc/kcedd1
  • i really think you should post that to your community, not here because most of us(if not all) can't understand/read those words/language, so of course we won't go there just to check for ourselves.. :D
    but i think that's fine because they will need to provide that account with high gold except if that account go to v-mode hahaha..
    but you are free to attack those you claim that sold those armies so for me it's fine.. :D
    if you occupy/block his town he can't trade so i guess that's all you can do.
    I DON'T trust words,
    I TRUST ACTIONS.

servers playing: Eijipe
    Kaikias - Alliance SYN
    Hephaistos
    War Server - Alliance -PR-

The post was edited 4 times, last by eijipe ().

• Hi eijipe,

You cannot attack their armies because it's kept protected under godly protection and then when they feel like it they just buy back from the godly protected user their army and continue to attack.

Of course that these godly protected users are their's but not connected on the same network so it's cheating.

Regards
    Yoad
  • The same is used without the godly protection, so I doubt that will change. They can easily sell gs to big account and v mode it...you can't attack it either...it even has a name - gs bank and is better than the godly protection, cause it drains no gold...and I would imagine these 1 town accounts can't hold much gs due to lack of gold...

P.S. I think you can try to put this as a game suggestion, but that is definitely not a bug :)

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cassiopea ().

• Thanks Cassiopea for your response,

But there is one big difference, if the account that holds the generals go to vacation it is unavailable for you for 48 hours.
    Using this hack, it allows you access to your generals 24/7. And there is nothing your opponent can do about it.

Furthermore, i can do something about this if it's not under godly protection. If it's not in Vacation I can attack the generals in this gs bank and fight back.
    With this hack we are absolutely helpless, we can't retaliate.

The affect of using this hack when you have like 5 cities in one island and with one user under godly protection in your island holding your generals is absolutely devastating.
    Our enemy was able to decimate 2000 ships in less then one hour and you can't even see the attack coming.

I can elaborate regarding a sample battle in more details to explain this further if anyone is interested. It's absolutely impossible to hold such city occupied. You can kiss your navy goodbye and you won't even see it coming.

Surely Gameforge didn't mean for the godly protection feature to be abused to hold a whole alliance generals untouched.

Thanks & regards
    Yoad
  • BTW solution for this hack is very simple:

Once a user under godly protection is using the black market to buy any generals, it should be exited out of the godly protection mode.

I believe this hack occurred when Gameforge added black market later in the game few years ago, they didn't think about the impact of it on the godly protection feature.

I can advise from our experience that the impact of this is absolutely devastating. This is the first time in 7 years in the game that as a leader of the biggest alliance in Zeta Israel server that I have no strategic answer for this hack. We are absolutely helpless.

Regards
    Yoad
  • If you occupy and port block your enemies big accounts where their trading post is then they can't buy their GS back, small accounts will be drained out of gold and their GS will poof disappear.
    As I say...make a suggestion. This is not a bug..

board.en.ikariam.gameforge.com…ard/620-Game-Suggestions/

-Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • I agree with you, in the beginning the black market seemed like cool addition to the game, but GF did not thought it through. As we can see there are so many ways to exploit it..banking gs, getting gold from one account to another, etc...and the one you described just adds to the list.
    Right now the only thing that you need to be a fighter besides skills is gold...you do not need sulphur, wood, crystal to build gs, you do not need any barracks, you don't need any shipyards, and you definitely don't need a bigger account, you don't have to even research all the units/ships...all you need is gold and a trading post...

-Richard Le Gallienne
  • Cassiopea wrote:

If you occupy and port block your enemies big accounts where their trading post is then they can't buy their GS back, small accounts will be drained out of gold and their GS will poof disappear.
    As I say...make a suggestion. This is not a bug..

board.en.ikariam.gameforge.com…ard/620-Game-Suggestions/
    The only way to fight it is to occupy the city of the user so they can’t use the trading post. However it’s almost impossible to occupy them if they are online as they will get more and less units to get you in and out of the wall where needed.
    Think about access to almost unlimited generals which are untouchable.
    I’m a very experienced player and this hack is the first time that I feel helpless against an enemy. If you have this in your island with sufficient generals it will make you unbeatable.
    If gameforge will not block it , I’m going to build few of those for my alliance as well. If you can’t beat them , join then.
    I will instruct my alliance not to attack cities on islands that have such user. You will be doomed for a painful defeat trying to overcome a good player that know how to use this hack .