Tournament

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Do you like this suggestion? 19
      1.  
        Yes (14) 74%
      2.  
        No (5) 26%
      General Information: Tournament Base Events

      What are you suggesting? Im suggesting that we need another form of event other than piracy that will help make the servers alive

      How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? One on One or 2vs2 or 3vs3 depends on the tournament schedule and what you applied for. Tournament List will be available like 2-3 days before and accounts will be in another realm on the time of the battle and safe from attacks from other players on his server.

      Suggestion Reason: Currently it is boring. Very Boring that you will need to make another account on another server just to have fun because your server is obviously dying

      Special Notes: I need suggestions from Players and Go's also. And i think entry fee should be in ambrosia so that everyone will be buying and will keep the game alive.
      :P :P :P :P
      Me Love You Long Time <3 <3

      EBB

      The post was edited 2 times, last by -Hera- ().

    • I appreciate the fact that money needs to come from somewhere to keep the game going (ambrosia) on one hand.........but on the other there are many players whom do not use ambrosia at all, and they could not enter and play.

      What if entry was a large quantity of goods? Like upgrading a GR............those who do not buy ambrosia would still have an opportunity to participate, and those whom have it can use it to buy marble wine etc...to enter.

      The winners get the Jackpot of Goods!
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • I love this suggestion.
      Making cross server war viable would be absolutely awesome. There's a couple of problems though. An account of 100k TS will be on a disadvantage from an account on 10 mil TS. (10 mil being what I generally mark as the point of which size really doesn't make a difference anymore). This means there would be some balancing problems, which we could choose just to ignore, I wouldn't mind. But yeah, I don't know how we would make that work.
      In terms of the duration, if it's a 1v1, 2v2, etc, the servers shouldn't be open for more than a week at a time. That is more than enough time if the instance is made specifically for them. I believe everyone should use their own account, since people play with a wide variety of accounts, and making one "standard" wouldn't work, and as such research should be a thing, this is irrelevant however since everyone will have the time and date, and everyone can save up in advance.

      Making the price be ressources it would also need to scale on account size, making the price and entry be ambro the price wouldn't need to be scaled. I suppose there's ups and downs for both. Maybe you could participate without ambro, but you wouldn't get the chance to win the ambro jackpot.
      I think the idea has plenty of potential, a yes from here.
    • My understanding is that a Gauntlet War is a way within a specific game server world to declare war, either by alliance vs alliance or player vs player. This would allow cross server war; which, as pointed out by Abaged would certainly put a different spin on things.

      As an example: every "world" has their top players, but here the top players could find out which one of them reigns truly supreme.

      And unlike in a Gauntlet War where the winner or winners walk away with bragging rights, here they would also get a tangible reward.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • I mean I couldn't care less if I'd walk away with a reward, the bragging rights is the real reward.
      The difference would be (as I understood the suggestion), that this is a server, hosting only the participating accounts. This would mean there would be no other players around, no random multi pressing colos, and maybe more importantly, no one would have to complain their cities were occupied from time to time.
      It would also work alongside a ladder system, and as such we could actually see who deserves their recognition as a "fighter". Not to mention the one server I play on, on eng is more or less dead. Something to spend time on would be very welcome.
    • Not gonna happen... There were lot of suggestions about tournaments but GF never want to try it... It is just to hard to make it good in this game and give everyone chance... First free time, than miracles, than some play with fleet, someone play with army, than some players have 50k generals, some can have 5-6k max, some needs 1 hour to island where they should play, some needs 2 days etc... This is just some reasons why GF doesnt want to try it.... On RS ikariam players always wanted some kind of torunament but we never could get it from GF...

      My friened and I orgnised it alone 2 yeras ago...
      20 playeres, fleet, 6 rounds, two battles....
      It took 2 months to finish it... Great fun but it was so hard because of many reasons I said, and some more...
      If you want something like that make it on your own... Forget GF.... ;)
    • I like this idea but believe that making it cross server makes it too hard for GF to implement (they cannot even get the merger mechanism to work). Rather I believe that this should be an alliance mechanism whereby players within the alliance can fight each other for a period of a tournament or compete in who has grown the most percent wise in a week or month. The winner of the tournament should get goods like in piracy. Since most servers are dying and all that are left are 2 or three active alliances this would keep the game fun for those players.
      Order of Skulls Soldier :xeno:
    • Abeged wrote:

      I love this suggestion.
      Making cross server war viable would be absolutely awesome. There's a couple of problems though. An account of 100k TS will be on a disadvantage from an account on 10 mil TS. (10 mil being what I generally mark as the point of which size really doesn't make a difference anymore). This means there would be some balancing problems, which we could choose just to ignore, I wouldn't mind. But yeah, I don't know how we would make that work.
      In terms of the duration, if it's a 1v1, 2v2, etc, the servers shouldn't be open for more than a week at a time. That is more than enough time if the instance is made specifically for them. I believe everyone should use their own account, since people play with a wide variety of accounts, and making one "standard" wouldn't work, and as such research should be a thing, this is irrelevant however since everyone will have the time and date, and everyone can save up in advance.

      Making the price be ressources it would also need to scale on account size, making the price and entry be ambro the price wouldn't need to be scaled. I suppose there's ups and downs for both. Maybe you could participate without ambro, but you wouldn't get the chance to win the ambro jackpot.
      I think the idea has plenty of potential, a yes from here.
      What if we introduced a tier system?
      players with x points can fight other players with x points and their entrance fee will be y
      players with xx points can fight other players with xx points and their entrance fee will be yy and so on..

      Tier one players are all placed on the same island, Lv ?? saw mill and sulfur perhaps...get one city and given 27 days to develop alliances and their cities on day 28 THUNDERDOME (People can bet resources on who's gonna win...bookies anyone? LOL)

      Each of them get provided a basic city..........say Lv 10 everything with full warehouses
      the last one left standing is declared the winner...kind of with a survivor kick no? NO AMBRO in the games

      Tier two get spread on two islands...and provided Lv 15 cities??
      Tier three over 3 islands thereby upping the skill needed..................provided with Lv 20 cities?

      Someone would have to come up with the configuration of what should be in each city, with maybe one building spot left to allow each player to customize it?

      I am sure that I am missing a lot of variables but it would certainly liven things up :)

      We could get a new building where you can register for the games and pay your entrance fee....
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • Helen357 wrote:


      Abeged wrote:

      I love this suggestion.
      Making cross server war viable would be absolutely awesome. There's a couple of problems though. An account of 100k TS will be on a disadvantage from an account on 10 mil TS. (10 mil being what I generally mark as the point of which size really doesn't make a difference anymore). This means there would be some balancing problems, which we could choose just to ignore, I wouldn't mind. But yeah, I don't know how we would make that work.
      In terms of the duration, if it's a 1v1, 2v2, etc, the servers shouldn't be open for more than a week at a time. That is more than enough time if the instance is made specifically for them. I believe everyone should use their own account, since people play with a wide variety of accounts, and making one "standard" wouldn't work, and as such research should be a thing, this is irrelevant however since everyone will have the time and date, and everyone can save up in advance.

      Making the price be ressources it would also need to scale on account size, making the price and entry be ambro the price wouldn't need to be scaled. I suppose there's ups and downs for both. Maybe you could participate without ambro, but you wouldn't get the chance to win the ambro jackpot.
      I think the idea has plenty of potential, a yes from here.
      What if we introduced a tier system?players with x points can fight other players with x points and their entrance fee will be y
      players with xx points can fight other players with xx points and their entrance fee will be yy and so on..

      Tier one players are all placed on the same island, Lv ?? saw mill and sulfur perhaps...get one city and given 27 days to develop alliances and their cities on day 28 THUNDERDOME (People can bet resources on who's gonna win...bookies anyone? LOL)

      Each of them get provided a basic city..........say Lv 10 everything with full warehouses
      the last one left standing is declared the winner...kind of with a survivor kick no? NO AMBRO in the games

      Tier two get spread on two islands...and provided Lv 15 cities??
      Tier three over 3 islands thereby upping the skill needed..................provided with Lv 20 cities?

      Someone would have to come up with the configuration of what should be in each city, with maybe one building spot left to allow each player to customize it?

      I am sure that I am missing a lot of variables but it would certainly liven things up :)

      We could get a new building where you can register for the games and pay your entrance fee....
      One problem with that why whould Gameforge make this possible? They don't earn any money on it, it is an good idea it really is ^-^, If you don't teleport your cities to it? for example you have to show your interrested in a tournament, If you have reported your interrests you get a mail 1 week before the tournament starts, you click on a link you get on a mail you have choosed! you choose what island you want to start on, The tournament will be durring 3 monts, 1 month build up, 2 month tournament, a schudele have been made up by admins ^^ For example last placed guy go against the guy that is placed second last in TS, if you being eliminated, you can bet with ambro on who you think gonna be the winner, the ambro you have left on the account, you can then if you win choose an account you want the ambro on, can be for a friend or another of your accounts?

      That will be more reasonable for the GF i think, a bet ingame system where there is a tournament where you can bet on the winner if you being eliminated, If you finish the last 8 you can't bet because then it's easier to know who the winner gonna be, GF get money the players getting action ^^

      People can go togheter get a player to the top by helping to donate and it will be 1 piracy eval and time to get the recourses before the tournament starts!

      i don't know if this will be possible?
    • So 3 months is way too long. We are talking of a tournament with serious players. To actually show a good example of how a war is fought, it shouldn't last more than 1-2 weeks. After that point people won't be able/want to play for 16 hours a day. I also understood your entry as a suggestion that the tournament should be decided based on who has the larger ts in the end (talking to legendarynoodle). If this isn't the case do correct me, but if it is I'll just make sure to show my disagreement. Resources can be bought with money, so money can win you the tournament. No one is going to play that, and thus GF won't make any money, end of story. This is not mentioning how most veteran players really couldn't care less about the build up phase (of which you also want us to not be able to raid?), so not many people would invest an entire month into preparing an account, even if the server was 10x speed.

      I also disagree with Helen though. The idea of people getting the exact same city is great, but it removes one layer of skill since you're not allowed to choose your own buildings. It could work though, the numbers would need to be tweaked though. I wouldn't want to fight with accounts with less than 5 mil ts, I just don't find it entertaining. The idea of a new building allowing access to the tournament is great though. It would allow the tournament to be research locked, removing completely new players from entering.
    • Abeged wrote:

      So 3 months is way too long. We are talking of a tournament with serious players. To actually show a good example of how a war is fought, it shouldn't last more than 1-2 weeks. After that point people won't be able/want to play for 16 hours a day. I also understood your entry as a suggestion that the tournament should be decided based on who has the larger ts in the end (talking to legendarynoodle). If this isn't the case do correct me, but if it is I'll just make sure to show my disagreement. Resources can be bought with money, so money can win you the tournament. No one is going to play that, and thus GF won't make any money, end of story. This is not mentioning how most veteran players really couldn't care less about the build up phase (of which you also want us to not be able to raid?), so not many people would invest an entire month into preparing an account, even if the server was 10x speed.

      I also disagree with Helen though. The idea of people getting the exact same city is great, but it removes one layer of skill since you're not allowed to choose your own buildings. It could work though, the numbers would need to be tweaked though. I wouldn't want to fight with accounts with less than 5 mil ts, I just don't find it entertaining. The idea of a new building allowing access to the tournament is great though. It would allow the tournament to be research locked, removing completely new players from entering.
      what i meant were that the more money you are spending into the tournament the bigger TS you got (hopefully or what you priority with the ambro you buy) The bigger TS you got the bigger is your chance to have a bigger MS and the you get a bigger chance to win the tournament you understand now?

      1-2 weeks? that works fine but i think we miss the part that give GF the money, if they don't earn something on it i don't think they will accept this but i maybe got wrong who knows, just GF themselves!
    • The by far largest advantage ambro users have over free to play is warping.
      This would be the main income in such an event, and would probably have to be reduced in price in order to make it more attractive to now former free users. It is no secret I like the feature, neither is it that I use it once in a while. I would most likely use it at least a couple times during such an event. Paying for TS seems like an extremely unfun way to put it, and I believe it would scare people away, even those who does use ambro.