Why don't the GOs enforce the pushing rules?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Master Blaster wrote:

tiladong wrote:

Again, For me this post has no concrete evidence for his complaint....how about if you a player with many haters? then they put a many towns near of your location, then they say all these are your's as other account.. ...hmmmm something smells fishy...
    i think master blaster, hater of uphill....sorry for that, that is my own analys...anyway GO's make investigate...

The evidence is in game and the tools the GOs just have to "follow the money". Assuming they can how CP is accumulated, the pushing would be obvious.
    hmmmmm how did you know? I think you can just answer that all your question and complaint because you are just like him maybe... :)
    correct me if im wrong :)
  • Sorry but a picture means nothing and it is not handled as any kind of proof. We can check the things only by the data we have available in our tools.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • MrSniperZ wrote:

@Legendarynoodle we have right to check everyone we want. Personally I check reporter and reported.

Okay that's why people can use multies for the purpose to growth without ban? if that is the game you want fine for me! because this isn't a fair game anymore! Real people get punished to help!

But if someone use it for growth they don't get banned that's the difference between a fair game and a NASTY GAME! but now i know that you want that game, time to play it also!
  • Legendarynoodle wrote:

MrSniperZ wrote:

@Legendarynoodle we have right to check everyone we want. Personally I check reporter and reported.

Okay that's why people can use multies for the purpose to growth without ban? if that is the game you want fine for me! because this isn't a fair game anymore! Real people get punished to help!
    But if someone use it for growth they don't get banned that's the difference between a fair game and a NASTY GAME! but now i know that you want that game, time to play it also!
    dont cry mate :) ....sorry for spamming...i think this post are must closed now....
  • tiladong wrote:

Legendarynoodle wrote:

MrSniperZ wrote:

Okay that's why people can use multies for the purpose to growth without ban? if that is the game you want fine for me! because this isn't a fair game anymore! Real people get punished to help!But if someone use it for growth they don't get banned that's the difference between a fair game and a NASTY GAME! but now i know that you want that game, time to play it also!
    dont cry mate :) ....sorry for spamming...i think this post are must closed now....
    Cry, yes i do because this system isn't right! is that wrong to complain then?
  • I messaged @Legendarynoodle and asked what he was on about.

After wasting my time trying to figure out what he is talking about, I feel like it is my responsibility to say that he doesn't know what he is talking about.
    I am 100% against cheating, indirectly or circumventing rules. Saying that he had a way to know 100% that someone is cheating, I conversed with him.
    However, he is just a spammer and a cheater who got caught and is now trying to get others banned just because they are pillaging his and/or his friend's multis.
    You can send me a PM and I'll send our conversation to you so you can see for yourself what in the seven hells he is talking about.

My point in posting this is:
    Having cheaters and exploiters are a big negative for the whole community.
    But having a lot of members just pointlessly spamming and crying wolf just makes things even harder both for GOs and players.
  • Hello,

since a question was placed, answer comes.

We intervene when there is a rule violation. If you, Master Blaster, create 10 accounts, and you declare them IP-shared, and another player reports you, nothing happens. Even if you build fortress on each of them. Even if other player posts screenshots on board showing what is happening and complaining that GOs do not intervene. No, we do not ban you and your accounts, be sure: you have the right to build 10 accounts, and if you use them properly, inside rules, we will ignore all reports of other users, no matter how much they complain. We are not the armed wing of some players, so don't worry, we will defend your right to play inside rules.

Clearly, if after a couple of weeks all accounts you built start to be regularly raided by a ally mate, he and all involved accounts will be banned, but obviously this takes some time, at least until someone starts to use them for pushing, not before.

Just a little note: the first two rules we teach our GOs are "Think before to act" and "If unsure, ask". We always double-check our work, we often discuss cases together, and we ban only if strictly needed, not for fun, or to answer to provocations, or to show our powers, or because "we know" that player is problematic or he has a - er - sparkling past. Clearly, we are always open to suggestions, hints, reports, so if your intent was to show that GOs are not working, you did a mistake. If your intent was to help us (and I would like to think so), you used the wrong channel: Support system is the one you should use, so please, next time open a ticket, and we will be happy to give you the same answer you received publicly.

Indeed, thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify this point.

Kind regards.

ContactMe | GameRules |GameSupport
    thx to PhoEniX Rising for the sig
  • Sampisa wrote:

Hello,

since a question was placed, answer comes.

We intervene when there is a rule violation. If you, Master Blaster, create 10 accounts, and you declare them IP-shared, and another player reports you, nothing happens. Even if you build fortress on each of them. Even if other player posts screenshots on board showing what is happening and complaining that GOs do not intervene. No, we do not ban you and your accounts, be sure: you have the right to build 10 accounts, and if you use them properly, inside rules, we will ignore all reports of other users, no matter how much they complain. We are not the armed wing of some players, so don't worry, we will defend your right to play inside rules.

Clearly, if after a couple of weeks all accounts you built start to be regularly raided by a ally mate, he and all involved accounts will be banned, but obviously this takes some time, at least until someone starts to use them for pushing, not before.

Just a little note: the first two rules we teach our GOs are "Think before to act" and "If unsure, ask". We always double-check our work, we often discuss cases together, and we ban only if strictly needed, not for fun, or to answer to provocations, or to show our powers, or because "we know" that player is problematic or he has a - er - sparkling past. Clearly, we are always open to suggestions, hints, reports, so if your intent was to show that GOs are not working, you did a mistake. If your intent was to help us (and I would like to think so), you used the wrong channel: Support system is the one you should use, so please, next time open a ticket, and we will be happy to give you the same answer you received publicly.

Indeed, thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify this point.

Kind regards.
    Great insights regarding bans and what-not. Thanks for this! :)