ROWAN aka HELEN357 ;-)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• hmmm revenge ....... it has a nice sound, no? be afraid......I will switch your salt and sugar! I am evil!

1. What’s your favorite color?
    Orange, but not on me. :)

2. What’s your favorite dessert?
    krémes - it's a Hungarian pastry

3. What have you learned today?
    I am flipping a coin (ancient Chinese method to make difficult decisions) on rocket ships or Diving boat...so I learned I clearly need a more in depth look and lots of practice.

4. What was your favorite subject in school?
    English, or I guess we could say learning new languages....put another way, I have a talented tongue (hey, for speaking!)

5. What are some of your favorite books?
    Jane Eyre was my first love....right now I'm reading Patricia Briggs the Mercy Thompson series.

I am a voracious reader of an eclectic mix, authors I like range from Jane Austen to Stephen King, C. S. Friedman and Anne McCaffrey (one of my favorite books by her is titled The Rowan) and I even enjoy Tom Clancy... although I have to google some of the technical terms he uses. :)

6. What are some of your favorite movies?
    In no particular order: Underworld, Matrix, Pitch Black, Red, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer, Sisters, Into the Woods, Silent Hill, Ferris Bueler's Day Off.......I like netflix :)

7. What kind of music are you into?
    A little of everything.... early Madonna, AC/DC, Metallica, Beastie Boys, David Guetta, Rihanna, Calvin Harris....anything with a decent beat you can dance to, or sing along to or depending on my mood. :) I have been to a Metallica concert and have attended a Russian Ballet performance... not on the same night.

8. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?le
    I would call it An Immigration Story, and it would be about my experiences of growing up in Hungary, moving to Austria and eventually arriving in Canada all before I finished grade school. How different cultures, schools and friends have shaped and changed me from who I used to be into who I am today. Immigration gives you a lot of new opportunities, but it also takes some things away.

9. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
    Rock climbing, I am a little uncomfortable about heights.

10. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
    Getting on the Dean's Honor List in College the first time around. I studied very hard for those grades. I don't know if I can do it this time.
    PROCAFFEINATING
    (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
  • uhm I am unsure who you are asking, me?

why would questions have to be 100? They could be 17 or 93.....lol

My accent is a mix... Eastern European when I speak English... it's noticeable but everyone can understand me. :)

Here is what's gonna blow your mind...I now also have an accent when I speak Hungarian! BOOM!

Have no clue why.
    PROCAFFEINATING
  • that's good ,its a music to my ears when someone speaks proper English without struggling to understand him ,especially at costumer service.. .damn ...its a nightmare
    Canada Montreal ?
    Hungarian..hm I had some colleagues from there ,Hungary used to be a big country but after the war only 20 % remained ..what a friend of mine told me .:)
    GREEK LOVER
    TBBDV
  • Canada=money hahaha
    My best friend wants go there(Toronto) at the end of November ,but illegal since is very difficult to go there permanently (illegal ,for holidays and then gonna stay there lol)
    So he is banned for that .LOL
    GREEK LOVER
    TBBDV
  • Canada is like every other country in that we have those who have more and those who have less. But it is true that most of our poor are better off then the poor in other countries.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
    PROCAFFEINATING
  • Yes there are certainly places in the world that are beyond poor. I don't watch tv around Christmas time because they show commercials to donate money to Africa and other causes and it makes me so sad. Even sadder that even if I donated everything I had I could make no difference. In the face of such suffering it is easy to see why Canada is a land of plenty.

I hope your friend will be alright.
    PROCAFFEINATING
  • Kirika wrote:

Do you watch anime, read manga or play games (other than Ikariam)? If yes, what are your favorites?
    My favorite flavor of the month is Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works and its related series. I think that the way the creators turned Arthur into Arturia Pendragon in the case of Saber a strong female warrior was an excellent twist....and I like anime fighting
    And of course I watch Sailor Moon, as you probably deduced. :)
    I also like Vampire Knight and InuYasha.
    My favorite Director however is Hayao Miyazaki and ALL of his movies! I love them all...can't pick just one!
    No, I don't read any manga :(
    LOL no mocking .... I used to love to play D&D! I liked playing thieves or warriors best. But alas our dungeon master has retired.. silly life goals and such....so no playing for me. I like board games and card games......and the odd X-box 360...
    PROCAFFEINATING

The post was edited 1 time, last by Helen357 ().

• TBBDV wrote:

BOKU BOKU NO PICO her favourite anime
    Her Favourite gameplay sims 2 ,Farmville

Yes I agree somehow ,he is a BIG man like me ..he will survive :pump:
    I actually only watched maybe 15 episodes of Dragon Balls...but no, that green guy doesn't appeal at all LOL

no comment regarding size....lmao
    PROCAFFEINATING
  • For anime, I set up a lunchtime viewing series at work. We've finished Cowboy Bebop, and are about halfway through Gunslinger Girl.

I agree it's difficult to pick a favorite Miyazaki film. But, I do keep going back to Porco Russo.
    Did you know that there is an on-going Studio Ghibli Fest? Next up is My Neighbor Totoro.

For D&D, I like playing Rangers. And Wardens (5e).

And being the DM. My favorite was to start by being lenient during character creation: Sure, you can have your great-grandmother's +1 sword! Boots of Invisibility? Be my guest!

Then the initial encounter was a goblin uprising, during which they set multiple forest fires. The players wound up running through the woods for their lives, arriving at a cliff overlooking a river with rapids. A quick succession of rolls and they were in the water, having lost almost all their equipment and some were unconscious. I had the river and rapids (and waterfalls) drawn out on the back of a stack of old greenbar fan-fold printer paper. I'd reveal a section at a time once they'd decided the path(s) they wanted to try to follow through the rapids. Eventually they managed to stagger/crawl ashore on a small island in the middle of the river, to spend the night. Bad things can happen in the dark ...
  • Fate series is really good especially Saber's character. The best route of course is Heaven's Feel so be sure to watch the movies when they all come out.

I also like Miyazaki's works a lot, my favorite is Mononoke Hime.

And if you want to start playing a story driven game, I strongly recommend Dragon Age. :)

My signature is a precious gift from Atina :love:
  • nemenku wrote:

For anime, I set up a lunchtime viewing series at work. We've finished Cowboy Bebop, and are about halfway through Gunslinger Girl.

I agree it's difficult to pick a favorite Miyazaki film. But, I do keep going back to Porco Russo.
    Did you know that there is an on-going Studio Ghibli Fest? Next up is My Neighbor Totoro.

For D&D, I like playing Rangers. And Wardens (5e).

And being the DM. My favorite was to start by being lenient during character creation: Sure, you can have your great-grandmother's +1 sword! Boots of Invisibility? Be my guest!

Then the initial encounter was a goblin uprising, during which they set multiple forest fires. The players wound up running through the woods for their lives, arriving at a cliff overlooking a river with rapids. A quick succession of rolls and they were in the water, having lost almost all their equipment and some were unconscious. I had the river and rapids (and waterfalls) drawn out on the back of a stack of old greenbar fan-fold printer paper. I'd reveal a section at a time once they'd decided the path(s) they wanted to try to follow through the rapids. Eventually they managed to stagger/crawl ashore on a small island in the middle of the river, to spend the night. Bad things can happen in the dark ...

LOL yes I love watching his movies on the screen :) Cineplex.com great minds think alike!!

oooooh....hmmm of course now I wanna play......sigh............but I already spend every "extra" minute playing here..

now tell me about these boots of invisibility....are they waterproof? do they come in half-sizes? nice lug sole?
    PROCAFFEINATING
  • Kirika wrote:

Fate series is really good especially Saber's character. The best route of course is Heaven's Feel so be sure to watch the movies when they all come out.

I also like Miyazaki's works a lot, my favorite is Mononoke Hime.

And if you want to start playing a story driven game, I strongly recommend Dragon Age. :)
    I am simply in awe at the humanity, depth and strength of character Mr. Miyazaki is capable of bringing into his work..............I think I would be a total fan girl if I ever got to meet him. LOL

I appreciate you recommending Dragon Age, alas at this time I have no "extra" time to play. But perhaps one day I will...because I won the lottery...............

If you like strong female characters take a look at Patricia Briggs books (I play games and read because I am a total nerd package) I love the Mercy Thompson series :) you might say Mercy is my hero
    PROCAFFEINATING