Fourth and fifth level upgrade of soldiers and ships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Fourth and fifth level upgrade of soldiers and ships

Do you like this suggestion? 17
        Yes (8) 47%
        No (9) 53%
      General Information:
      Unlock 2 new levels of upgrade in the workshop.

What are you suggesting?
      Create a fourth and fifth upgrade level. Applies to all ships and troops.

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?
      To open the new levels, you need a 32 level workshop.
      There will also be a new study by the academy.
      Example: Weapons and armor from the future. 500,000 research points are needed.
      The fourth level may require a large amount of resources of all kinds and gold.
      Fifth level can only be ambrosia and more resources.
      This will make the battles different.
      An example of hoplites.

+4 attack titanium spear/shield? level 4

+5 attack diamond spear/shield? level 5
      Suggestion Reason:
      The aim is to return the interest to the battles. So in battle you will not know until the last who will win. It will be interesting.

The post was edited 1 time, last by -Hera- ().

• Except you would know who would win. The person who spend ambro.
      I spend quite a bit of ambro on war and as such I'd have no problem with it costing me ambro to upgrade my units. However not everyone does, and I do have a problem with the honor in winning a battle being reduced because my ambro units quite simply would be better than my opponents non ambro units. Making it cost ambro is not the way to go, and it would not add anything new to war, except maybe making hops definitively better than steam giants given their numbers. While this might seem like an interesting change it would just make the (in my opinion) already stale land combat, even less interesting.

Quite the certain no from here.
    • Abeged wrote:

Except you would know who would win. The person who spend ambro.
      I spend quite a bit of ambro on war and as such I'd have no problem with it costing me ambro to upgrade my units. However not everyone does, and I do have a problem with the honor in winning a battle being reduced because my ambro units quite simply would be better than my opponents non ambro units. Making it cost ambro is not the way to go, and it would not add anything new to war, except maybe making hops definitively better than steam giants given their numbers. While this might seem like an interesting change it would just make the (in my opinion) already stale land combat, even less interesting.

Quite the certain no from here.
      If we take the price to 10 ambro/ level 5 upgrade. We say you play with 5 of your friends
      The max amount of Free ambro you can get is 52

Me, then we name them to A,B,C,D,E. We have 7 Mark troops that is worth to upgrade. it means that, Me and maybe A that priority the land battles upgrade them and sell them to the people that want to help us.

Then we have 9 ships that is worth to upgrade, then we have 4 people left with an total of 208 free ambro, This can go fast because if you are a team you help each other to grow and get reserach to get better togheter and grow as a team.

That ambro players will get an advantage isn't true! if you have a team and you work togheter you will get that upgrade also!

Teamwork makes the dreamwork.

So can you know please stop complain that this is a pay to win game, because it isn't!
    • I might be misunderstanding you, but are you suggesting that only certain members of your alliance are able to make specific units?
      And in order to have them, the rest of your alliance would have to buy those troops with gold?

Then your alliance will be very easy to beat. An alliance with the same number of members as yours each member capable of cooking their own units will be able to cook a greater number of units, guaranteeing their victory by sheer numbers alone.

It would also shift the independence of a player to make their own choices on how they play the game to co-dependence on those who manufacture those units. That is not team work.

Interdependence (team work) is when you are capable of doing it all on your own, but working together you can do more. In your suggestion you cannot do it on your own.

If this is not what you meant, please clarify. Thank you.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • Legendarynoodle wrote:

Me, then we name them to A,B,C,D,E. We have 7 Mark troops that is worth to upgrade. it means that, Me and maybe A that priority the land battles upgrade them and sell them to the people that want to help us.
      When you sell units, upgreades don't come with them. The upgrades of your units depend on what your current upgrades are and not what upgrades are available from the guy you bought them from.
    • Helen357 wrote:

I might be misunderstanding you, but are you suggesting that only certain members of your alliance are able to make specific units?
      And in order to have them, the rest of your alliance would have to buy those troops with gold?

Then your alliance will be very easy to beat. An alliance with the same number of members as yours each member capable of cooking their own units will be able to cook a greater number of units, guaranteeing their victory by sheer numbers alone.

It would also shift the independence of a player to make their own choices on how they play the game to co-dependence on those who manufacture those units. That is not team work.

Interdependence (team work) is when you are capable of doing it all on your own, but working together you can do more. In your suggestion you cannot do it on your own.

If this is not what you meant, please clarify. Thank you.
      You missunderstood me, i mean you can team up with your teammates to upgrade it togheter you get a amount of ambro to do the guide and so on, that will help you and your alliance to upgrade the troops! ofc it will require a good teamwork!

Pepi wrote:

Legendarynoodle wrote:

When you sell units, upgreades don't come with them. The upgrades of your units depend on what your current upgrades are and not what upgrades are available from the guy you bought them from.
      didn't know that, but then can you still teamwork like if we take for example the same players,

Me i upgrade Hops, Sulphur and gyros, then player A that helps me upgrade Swords ballons and Steam, then we have troops that cover everything that we need.

If you say this only will be a pay to win function you are wrong!

it will give an advantage like everything else, but if you invest real money into a game you gonna get an advantage or am i wrong?
    • Pepi wrote:

Legendarynoodle wrote:

thank you for this information.
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • Legendarynoodle wrote:

Me i upgrade Hops, Sulphur and gyros, then player A that helps me upgrade Swords ballons and Steam, then we have troops that cover everything that we need.

it will give an advantage like everything else, but if you invest real money into a game you gonna get an advantage or am i wrong?
      You do understand how difficult that is right? 5 players with broken line ups just so they can compensate for the upgrades. I'm not against ambro, I use ambro. I'm just saying that why force it to be an ambro feature when it can be something that wouldn't require ambro at all? I propose to make it something probably really expensive to get. But not with ambro. This is a suggestion thread to begin with anyway. It's not like everything proposed is already set in stone. I'm simply presenting an alternative so that non-ambro players would be able to benefit from the upgrade as well. :)
    • Pepi wrote:

Legendarynoodle wrote:

You do understand how difficult that is right? 5 players with broken line ups just so they can compensate for the upgrades. I'm not against ambro, I use ambro. I'm just saying that why force it to be an ambro feature when it can be something that wouldn't require ambro at all? I propose to make it something probably really expensive to get. But not with ambro. This is a suggestion thread to begin with anyway. It's not like everything proposed is already set in stone. I'm simply presenting an alternative so that non-ambro players would be able to benefit from the upgrade as well. :)
      i know and understand that,
      But we also have to think that GF gonna earn some money because my thoughts about everything is like they just do everything for money right now if they don't earn money on a suggestion they don't put it into reality!
    • GF would not make any money if you only use free ambro.

the question is, would you buy ambro if they provided this feature?

Your answer is no, and a rather complicated way of doing it.
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • Helen357 wrote:

GF would not make any money if you only use free ambro.

the question is, would you buy ambro if they provided this feature?

Your answer is no, and a rather complicated way of doing it.
      i should actually do it! i'm a pirate and need things to keep my cities safe, troops and naval is IMPORTANT

So this as a ambro feature would be fine for me ^^ i would bought it ALL TIME!
    • Black Sails wrote:

Ambrosia can be removed from the proposal. This is just an example! Do not get hold of the word. Upgrade can only cost 2 ambrosia. Everybody could give it. It can also be a resource-only cost.
      It's important for me to have updates!
      I think it would make more sense to have a high tier research in order to upgrade to tier 4 and tier 5 upgrades. or. you could trade in future research points for the upgrade.

for example, 200k research points on military future + x amount of crystal to upgrade tier 4 swordsmen. like every tier 4 and tier 5 upgrade would require certain amount of research points and crystal. just so other players would fancy researching futures as well.

just throwing ideas. :D
    • Pepi wrote:

Black Sails wrote:

Ambrosia can be removed from the proposal. This is just an example! Do not get hold of the word. Upgrade can only cost 2 ambrosia. Everybody could give it. It can also be a resource-only cost.
      It's important for me to have updates!
      I think it would make more sense to have a high tier research in order to upgrade to tier 4 and tier 5 upgrades. or. you could trade in future research points for the upgrade.
      for example, 200k research points on military future + x amount of crystal to upgrade tier 4 swordsmen. like every tier 4 and tier 5 upgrade would require certain amount of research points and crystal. just so other players would fancy researching futures as well.

just throwing ideas. :D
      that sounds fear and legit to be honest :)