Archiving Messages & Reports

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Archiving Messages & Reports

Hey people more knowledgeable than myself!

I have been trying to archive inbox messages and a military report, but I can't find a way to do so. I have the archive ability in my inventory. Can I only archive messages and battle reports when I have Ikariam Plus? Or am I just being a fool :)

I have attached screenshots of where I am looking for the option to archive (without Ikariam Plus).

Thanks,
    Yrael
    Files
    Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
    Knight Republic Alliance (KOR): World Alpha
    For Life

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yrael ().

• Hi,
    So I looked it up and this is what it said
    Price: 1 per message or report
    Duration: Permanent
    You can store a message, battle report or spy report longer then normally by clicking the "Save in archive" button at the bottom of that page or message.

if you have Archive in your inventory, then you scroll down to the bottom of the message and on the right bottom corner you should find a button you can click...that should be it.
    I will attempt to post a pic
    C1.GIF
    PROCAFFEINATING
    (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
  • Thanks, could you zoom out to show where? As shown on image Message Options, I can't find any button like that at the end of the page/message :/

I looked at Ikariam Wiki first to check but it didn't tell me any more than that it is a feature.
    Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
    For Life
  • Interesting... I can confirm this for an alliance message, while I have the archiving option for a private message.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Yrael wrote:

Hey people more knowledgeable than myself!

I have been trying to archive inbox messages and a military report, but I can't find a way to do so. I have the archive ability in my inventory. Can I only archive messages and battle reports when I have Ikariam Plus? Or am I just being a fool :)

I have attached screenshots of where I am looking for the option to archive (without Ikariam Plus).

Thanks,
    Yrael
    check you inventory, how many messages does it say you can archive?
    PROCAFFEINATING
    (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
  • Thanks for the help @Helen357 and @Draxo, much appreciated

It seems that I can only archive messages that are 1 to 1 messages, not alliance circulars, which is a shame as that is most of my communication.
    Is this intended? If so, then I will put forward a suggestion to try and change it.

I also can't archive the CR of the battle I fought with my alliance, but by this logic I'm sure I would be able to if it had been a 1vs1 battle.
    Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
    For Life
  • Monk of Darkness wrote:

Yrael wrote:

I also can't archive the CR of the battle I fought with my alliance, but by this logic I'm sure I would be able to if it had been a 1vs1 battle.
    If I recall correctly, than CR archive was taken out of game even before server merge.
    Ahh ok, thanks for the heads up.
    Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
    For Life