Alpha top GS

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Alpha top GS

Hello,

Since Alpha is pretty boring, I want to ask you guys what do you think about the top GS (attached image).

What are your thoughts about it?

Does it look cool having a huge army and then hit vmode forever? I'm back from a couple years at least and I can still see the same people in vmode :P

Is it just to intimidate? BarbieRossie has 2.6M GS, I wonder if he can even breath when he is active, the only one I see that holds its GS is rmushie which seems to be very active.

!ikags.png
  • xUx wrote:

Hello,

Since Alpha is pretty boring, I want to ask you guys what do you think about the top GS (attached image).

What are your thoughts about it?

Does it look cool having a huge army and then hit vmode forever? I'm back from a couple years at least and I can still see the same people in vmode :P

Is it just to intimidate? BarbieRossie has 2.6M GS, I wonder if he can even breath when he is active, the only one I see that holds its GS is rmushie which seems to be very active.

!ikags.png
    Damn 2M GS xD

ahahhahah want to beat that i can help you i think :)
  • I was wondering if someone would ever bring this to attention!

They are most likely all multies, and are being used solely as GS banks, to sell troops to alliance members during war. They can't themselves fight as they would run out of gold in days, if not hours for barbarossa! They are not intimidating at all.
    Maybe smaller GS like captain americ could be activated for wartime and still have enough gold, with their military fully deployed, to last the war. And then back to v-mode. But I don't think I have ever caught any of them (right at the top excluding rmushtaq) not in v-mode.

Credit to rmushtaq though as for as long as I can remember, he has kept his high GS position whilst remaining active. A rare sight to see in the top 10.
    Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
    Knight Republic Alliance (KOR): World Alpha
    For Life
  • Similar on Beta :

Only 2 active players currently in the top 50. Deliverance @40 and W A R N I N G @49, though I don't know how often they are active. Something to keep an eye on :)

But how long could they run this army on their own reserve ? ...
    My own little army costs me 45K to run. PGA's massive army is 165 times my size. Their research level is a little more than mine , so we can pretty much ignore any Futures cost reduction.

They have 185 million in gold.

165 x my costs = 7.45 million gold/hr.

185mill / 7.45mill is 24.9.

They can run this army for just over one day. So... looks good and gets the top spot, but a bit of a paper tiger.

Perhaps even more so for me... my colonies are ringed around the world. It can take 2 days to shift my fleet from one corner colony to its diagonal opposite. PGA could be out of money before reaching me.

I'd say Yrael has it right. GS banks for other alliance members.
  • GS banks uh? interesting role :D however for how long? I know a few accounts that have been that way for years , also if you own a GS bank, in theory you can't have contact with it, no no, bad bad.
  • @xUx VPN Proxy or sell to alliance members (not your own accounts) allows the accounts to act as GS banks.
    As for how long, forever.
    Yrael, 8th Bright Shiner

Guardian of the Republic
    Knight Republic Alliance (KOR): World Alpha
    For Life
  • @Yrael stop poking @MrSniperZ , he is hungry for a ban :P

As I said, I'm talking about "legal" ways to have those GS banks, I know how people can cheat, but the thing is, those GS banks should be banned, at the end of the day they're going to break the rules when they're used, 99% of the cases.

I'm also sure GO know which players own or maintain those GS banks, so it is not a secret for them, for us yeah.

I have a great idea for those GS banks, since Barbarians now are a bunch of uneducated guys, have them poison/kill their armies if they're vacating for too long, that way the owners might decide to dismiss that army and have a fully multi working for the community, as that is the most important point I see about multis, I'm using 2 to feed my island's mills and those mills also benefit my neighbors.
  • xUx wrote:

@Yrael stop poking @MrSniperZ , he is hungry for a ban :P

As I said, I'm talking about "legal" ways to have those GS banks, I know how people can cheat, but the thing is, those GS banks should be banned, at the end of the day they're going to break the rules when they're used, 99% of the cases.

I'm also sure GO know which players own or maintain those GS banks, so it is not a secret for them, for us yeah.

I have a great idea for those GS banks, since Barbarians now are a bunch of uneducated guys, have them poison/kill their armies if they're vacating for too long, that way the owners might decide to dismiss that army and have a fully multi working for the community, as that is the most important point I see about multis, I'm using 2 to feed my island's mills and those mills also benefit my neighbors.
    Dear @xUx ,

you have absolutely wrong perception of who are Game Operators and what we do.

Our job is mainly to support and help our players, but in some cases, we have to suspend them in order to keep our servers clean and enjoyable place to play. We would be happy to see that everyone is playing fair and that we do not need to force rules, but suspensions are a general result of break of the Game Rules and Terms and Conditions which you agreed that you will follow.

In conclusion, we are never "hungry" of bans because we are here to walk through Ikariam journey with you, not to play some God role and ban players "we don't like."

• Dear @MrSniperZ,

Why are you using comic sans?

MrSniperZ wrote:

xUx wrote:

@Yrael stop poking @MrSniperZ , he is hungry for a ban :P

Dear @xUx ,
    you have absolutely wrong perception of who are Game Operators and what we do.

Our job is mainly to support and help our players, but in some cases, we have to suspend them in order to keep our servers clean and enjoyable place to play. We would be happy to see that everyone is playing fair and that we do not need to force rules, but suspensions are a general result of break of the Game Rules and Terms and Conditions which you agreed that you will follow.

In conclusion, we are never "hungry" of bans because we are here to walk through Ikariam journey with you, not to play some God role and ban players "we don't like."
  • xUx wrote:

those GS banks should be banned, at the end of the day they're going to break the rules when they're used, 99% of the cases.
    They can only be banned if they violate the rules. While they have not violated them, there is no way to punish them because you can not be punished for having too many GS.

P.S.
    This is nothing compared to Arabic servers, where GS are way bigger. For example, barbarossa in Arabic server alpha would be only in top 20 position by GS and 1st place has 12,417,207 generals.

The scariest monsters are the ones, that lurk within our souls.
  • Paradox of Darkness wrote:

xUx wrote:

those GS banks should be banned, at the end of the day they're going to break the rules when they're used, 99% of the cases.
    They can only be banned if they violate the rules. While they have not violated them, there is no way to punish them because you can not be punished for having too many GS.
    P.S.
    This is nothing compared to Arabic servers, where GS are way bigger. For example, barbarossa in Arabic server alpha would be only in top 20 position by GS and 1st place has 12,417,207 generals.
    Doesn't there come a moment where, like there's too many generals lmao

How can you be on a server and let someone build more than 2mill gens in peace time, actively warring servers cant have that high of a gen
    • Thinking Nothing. Baseless Thoughts. Let The Darkness In The Cracks Take Over.

• Lord Of Pillages AKA BadManS.
    • Alpha Player
    • Member Of COM
  • Paradox of Darkness wrote:

xUx wrote:

P.S.

So, there is a big war, those GS bank return from vmode, what's next? how's the GS distributed? this is where I think the violation will take place, buuuuut this is going too far, I guess, for this board :grumble:
  • When they return from vmode and start to sell GS you can inform GO to check that account, but other way its not violation of rules.
    By this logic it means if I buy a car with maximum speed 220km/h I can get punished for that, because I might some day drive faster than its allowed.

The scariest monsters are the ones, that lurk within our souls.