Tavern VS Museum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Tavern VS Museum

    Hi i have for a while wondering if Museum is the best or the tavern

    i have decided to test this out by 1 simple thing, i will build up 2 accounts,

    exact same building and level and write down what my results will be

    the difference will be that in one account i will just have tavern (will cost alot of Wine) and the other accounts will have CT's (require alot of friends)

    i will count the result in

    Total score what is the difference?

    happines (i know this will be hard) and i will also write down how much recourses i spent so in the end we say i spent 100k wood and marble how high did i succes to get my Museum or tavern how happy are they and so on!

    Now you maybe wonder why this? Why not just calculate everything?

    The answer is pretty simple :) you never know if the numbers are right the best thing to figure it out is to test your way forward :)
  • I think that tavern will be the best in this scenario, because max level tavern can give 2x happiness than museum and tavern in overall will cost for about 850k resources more, but it will take about 2x time to build to max level. And when taverns level reach lvl 25 it gives for 30 happiness more than lvl 21 museum and will cost 106 times less than lvl 21 museum.


    The scariest monsters are the ones, that lurk within our souls.
  • I've done this to a lesser extreme: my newest colony is museum only for the moment.
    This was mostly to reduced shipping/trading wine as I build it up.
    That's the main advantage I see for the museums ... they don't need constant maintenance. Unless you are a 100% Wine empire, taverns do.
    My little colony is currently a lvl13 town ( 1106 pop max) with a lvl14 museum ( +840 happines ) and 9% corruption ( -106 happiness) with one more GR expansion to zero that out. Happiness has almost reached neutral at 1066 citizens and about 40 below cap.
    Should reach max pop once corruption is zeroed and probably get another townhall expansion before needing to increase the museum.
    A tavern would have given me this happiness level for less marble, but this is a marble island with a good mine and a few hours from my nearest wine island.

    My largest town has both tavern and museum plus the 75 from democracy and the capital bonus and needs all of them to keep everyone happy.
    So for me at least : small towns , say 15 or less, work well with just museums but if wine is not a problem, taverns are cheaper. Large towns of lvl30+ need a tavern but the museum does help cut the wine consumption.
  • Hi,
    In my opinion the game is designed for us to use both. Regardless of the cost difference in wood and marble.

    Using only museums will not allow you to build large enough towns for the simple reason that it needs CT's. If one Lv 18 city hall needs a Lv 20 museum, for 8 cities you need 160 CT's. Anytime someone becomes inactive and stops playing their CT is taken out of your museum and you would lose population. Or if there is a war, and several of your CT's are withdrawn. Not to mention you will spend hours searching for new CT's every week.

    You can control the wine. Make sure you produce enough, Lv up 2 warehouses and make 2 weekly shipments, then your boats are not tied up every day. To reduce wine consumption use Wine Press. The museums are not a substitute for the tavern but an addition to it.

    That being said, I do look forward to your experiment. :)
    PROCAFFEINATING
    (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
  • Well, sooner or later any normal player has both buildings. :)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

    Well, sooner or later any normal player has both buildings. :)
    i know that, but we all have different playstyles, if we want a building and the player has both and want a another building he just researched what of this building can he destroy with the less damage as possible or i don't know i thought this were a funny and good idea ^^
  • It'd be a bit too difficult to use only one and reach a high town hall level. Museums use a lot of marble at high levels, taverns have a very accelerated increase in wine usage.
    If I were to choose one tho, It'd be the tavern
  • Where , ?which server ?do you have any pics
    I mean seriously now ?
    all the players above 4 m they have already 30 lvl town halls
    So that means he don't need any wine colony
    All the players I know so far they have both ,at the beginning yes its possible but after you want them both
    UNSLESS
    someone wants to try this person strategy that you are referring LOL/
    GREEK LOVER
    TBBDV
  • Museums on the early towns. Mostly I do museums on my first 4 towns and then the following new towns will be museum-less. Built all reducers to max level.
    But I'm interested about the way the guy Ratna that only built museum and have 40m pts. The difficult part is when sawmills etc are high level you need a lot of citizens to mine and level 17 town hall won't suffice. Not including if you need priests and scientists. But I'm very curious.
    "A wise man speaks because they have something to say.
    A foolish speaks because they have to say something.
  • I've seen some people with 9-12 towns on demeter's garden islands,
    which means they have instant population growth wonder and gives like 300 population per town for free...
    It's decreases the costs a lot.
    • Thinking Nothing. Baseless Thoughts. Let The Darkness In The Cracks Take Over.

    • Lord Of Pillages AKA BadManS.
    • Alpha Player
    • Member Of COM
  • To have only a museum is for masons, they only build, the fight does not lead.The warrior me needs a tavern,Because if the war comes two, three alliances there is a breakdown of cultures and automated to citizen satisfaction.
    Then what to do?


    In my opinion, it's best to have a Tavern and a museum.
    Life is an eternal struggle.
    Who does,he can.Who knows no fear,goes forward.
    V.Z.Misic
  • kirby k2 wrote:

    To have only a museum is for masons, they only build, the fight does not lead.The warrior me needs a tavern,Because if the war comes two, three alliances there is a breakdown of cultures and automated to citizen satisfaction.
    Then what to do?


    In my opinion, it's best to have a Tavern and a museum.
    There is a simple way to stop that, it called multies, if you and 2 of your friends have 10 multies each you can easy take 32 CT's + alliance members!
  • Legendarynoodle wrote:

    kirby k2 wrote:

    To have only a museum is for masons, they only build, the fight does not lead.The warrior me needs a tavern,Because if the war comes two, three alliances there is a breakdown of cultures and automated to citizen satisfaction.
    Then what to do?


    In my opinion, it's best to have a Tavern and a museum.
    There is a simple way to stop that, it called multies, if you and 2 of your friends have 10 multies each you can easy take 32 CT's + alliance members!
    Yes, but I play on my country's server,our is not allowed 10 multies acaunt ,but it is allowed to have only four acaunt from one IP address,
    and we do not use multi acaunts.because we keep federal acaunts.
    Life is an eternal struggle.
    Who does,he can.Who knows no fear,goes forward.
    V.Z.Misic
  • kirby k2 wrote:

    Legendarynoodle wrote:

    kirby k2 wrote:

    To have only a museum is for masons, they only build, the fight does not lead.The warrior me needs a tavern,Because if the war comes two, three alliances there is a breakdown of cultures and automated to citizen satisfaction.
    Then what to do?


    In my opinion, it's best to have a Tavern and a museum.
    There is a simple way to stop that, it called multies, if you and 2 of your friends have 10 multies each you can easy take 32 CT's + alliance members!
    Yes, but I play on my country's server,our is not allowed 10 multies acaunt ,but it is allowed to have only four acaunt from one IP address,and we do not use multi acaunts.because we keep federal acaunts.
    How can it not be allowed to have 10 multies? gameforge say that you is allowed to, the game have to follow the order from Gameforge or have i missed something?
  • Legendarynoodle wrote:

    kirby k2 wrote:

    Legendarynoodle wrote:

    kirby k2 wrote:

    To have only a museum is for masons, they only build, the fight does not lead.The warrior me needs a tavern,Because if the war comes two, three alliances there is a breakdown of cultures and automated to citizen satisfaction.
    Then what to do?


    In my opinion, it's best to have a Tavern and a museum.
    There is a simple way to stop that, it called multies, if you and 2 of your friends have 10 multies each you can easy take 32 CT's + alliance members!
    Yes, but I play on my country's server,our is not allowed 10 multies acaunt ,but it is allowed to have only four acaunt from one IP address,and we do not use multi acaunts.because we keep federal acaunts.
    How can it not be allowed to have 10 multies? gameforge say that you is allowed to, the game have to follow the order from Gameforge or have i missed something?
    Below the pictures there is a translation of the text from the picture because the text is in Serbian language.

    *Snip*

    Sometimes it is necessary to read with understanding and to know more about the problem in order to leave the posts you left. In the change log, it says that it is possible to take up to 10 orders, meaning your own and 9 more, I do not really know where you found it 11. Far if it is not shared or does not mean it's the same person. Urbijoji there are my places where half the village has the same IP and if each of them had 11 such as you say then it will surely the vast majority of the ban will be the highest that a man can merge 10 taxes. If you and moderators say that it is possible to have 4 orders in the world, then you should stick to it if you do not want to get a ban. And now I'm explaining you and staying behind just 4 tactics. Namely, the domain of rs was the merger of 5 worlds. If users were not left without a merger account, they are allowed to move their account to the 2 remaining worlds. Let's take a look and draw from the 2 goals of the world (delta and epsilon) we could not move. So if you can migrate a maximum of 3 accounts to a tarpaulin server, and you can receive it by combining larger accounts, you were not allowed. It's normal that you can have up to 4 accounts on the epsilon account. The other 6 sharing ratios serve, for example, to play you more than school, so you have to withdraw the orders of the only wild one ip. This does not mean that a player can have 11 multi-ethnic evenings if there are 10 students participating in the game (at least equally ip-school time) must also be injured through a proportion. And what you went to ask in England again I do not know because you were going to be an English server and rs surely differ in the number of the worlds that stayed and who have wardrobe. For example on BA (Bosnia and Hercegovina)server, there were 5 worlds that were merged into 1 which means that 1 player can have a maximum of 5 taxes, which is how you see it differently on RS (Republic Serbia).
    EDIT - Non English picture removed - Kikoguns
    Life is an eternal struggle.
    Who does,he can.Who knows no fear,goes forward.
    V.Z.Misic

    The post was edited 3 times, last by Kikoguns ().

  • kirby k2 wrote:

    Legendarynoodle wrote:

    kirby k2 wrote:

    Legendarynoodle wrote:

    kirby k2 wrote:

    To have only a museum is for masons, they only build, the fight does not lead.The warrior me needs a tavern,Because if the war comes two, three alliances there is a breakdown of cultures and automated to citizen satisfaction.
    Then what to do?


    In my opinion, it's best to have a Tavern and a museum.
    There is a simple way to stop that, it called multies, if you and 2 of your friends have 10 multies each you can easy take 32 CT's + alliance members!
    Yes, but I play on my country's server,our is not allowed 10 multies acaunt ,but it is allowed to have only four acaunt from one IP address,and we do not use multi acaunts.because we keep federal acaunts.
    How can it not be allowed to have 10 multies? gameforge say that you is allowed to, the game have to follow the order from Gameforge or have i missed something?
    Below the pictures there is a translation of the text from the picture because the text is in Serbian language.
    *snip*

    Sometimes it is necessary to read with understanding and to know more about the problem in order to leave the posts you left. In the change log, it says that it is possible to take up to 10 orders, meaning your own and 9 more, I do not really know where you found it 11. Far if it is not shared or does not mean it's the same person. Urbijoji there are my places where half the village has the same IP and if each of them had 11 such as you say then it will surely the vast majority of the ban will be the highest that a man can merge 10 taxes. If you and moderators say that it is possible to have 4 orders in the world, then you should stick to it if you do not want to get a ban. And now I'm explaining you and staying behind just 4 tactics. Namely, the domain of rs was the merger of 5 worlds. If users were not left without a merger account, they are allowed to move their account to the 2 remaining worlds. Let's take a look and draw from the 2 goals of the world (delta and epsilon) we could not move. So if you can migrate a maximum of 3 accounts to a tarpaulin server, and you can receive it by combining larger accounts, you were not allowed. It's normal that you can have up to 4 accounts on the epsilon account. The other 6 sharing ratios serve, for example, to play you more than school, so you have to withdraw the orders of the only wild one ip. This does not mean that a player can have 11 multi-ethnic evenings if there are 10 students participating in the game (at least equally ip-school time) must also be injured through a proportion. And what you went to ask in England again I do not know because you were going to be an English server and rs surely differ in the number of the worlds that stayed and who have wardrobe. For example on BA (Bosnia and Hercegovina)server, there were 5 worlds that were merged into 1 which means that 1 player can have a maximum of 5 taxes, which is how you see it differently on RS (Republic Serbia).
    that's wrong! you can from every account have 10 ip sharings to other accounts, that mean that if you have your main you can IP share with 10 other accounts that allows you to have 11 accounts
    Spam (Quote pyramid) warning - Kikoguns

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Kikoguns ().