Multi Accounts.....again!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Multi Accounts.....again!

Ok, so if I set up a few LEGAL multi accounts on my enemies islands, then I build temples on all of them and put 1 (one) priest in the temples.
    Now my enemies can no longer get the full benefit of their Wonders and this helps me. Have I broken any rules? Do I care if my multi's get
    attacked and blocked? No. They are only there to mess with the Wonder.
    Before i get blasted into the next parallel universe, let me explain that I do not use multi accounts at all, I'm "old school" and do not believe they
    should be used. But the above scenario has been done to me and my allies a few times and I was just wondering if there is a way to stop it.
    Thank you.
  • As an old ikariam player and familiar with the multi thing, I guess nothing is wrong as long as you don't use the multies to benefit your main account. You're just harming your enemies which is I think is nth illegal.

Maybe the GOs have a different opinion here.
    PHRO Founder
    Kikoguns

Board Rules - Support
  • zophas wrote:

Ok, so if I set up a few LEGAL multi accounts on my enemies islands, then I build temples on all of them and put 1 (one) priest in the temples.
    Now my enemies can no longer get the full benefit of their Wonders and this helps me. Have I broken any rules? Do I care if my multi's get
    Before i get blasted into the next parallel universe, let me explain that I do not use multi accounts at all, I'm "old school" and do not believe they
    should be used. But the above scenario has been done to me and my allies a few times and I was just wondering if there is a way to stop it.
    Thank you.
    you need to upgrade all of your multi's TH though for your enemies to really feel the effect, and in order to upgrade their TH's you will need to spend so much time on your multi's which is very tiring(tried playing 2 accounts but i can't do it, sometimes I get confused on what to upgrade next because i thought i already did it. :rofl: ). hahaha
    but i don't think it's illegal as long as they're declared using the in-game IP sharing. even though many hate it, it's also a strategy. the affected player will need to assign more priests in their temples which costs gold.
    that's just my opinion though. feel free to correct me if i said something wrong :D
    PS. I just used you as an example, please don't misunderstand. :D
    I DON'T trust words,
    I TRUST ACTIONS.

servers playing: Eijipe
    Kaikias - Alliance SYN
    Hephaistos
    War Server - Alliance -PR-
  • zophas wrote:

Thank you.
    You are not breaking the Game Rules, as long as all accounts (your main account and your multi) are connected using IP Share. What you do (as you explained above) is part of the strategy of this ikariam game.
  • That's not direct benefit and that's way it's allowed. For example, when you with one account destroy somebody his army and after that with second account go pillage that player you aren't braking the rulles.

The scariest monsters are the ones, that lurk within our souls.
  • NOT ILLEGAL

If you have lots of money, you can move a fully developed town MULTI onto your enemies island and really mess with their temple.

... and yes, this has happened before. People have more money than sense.
  • Buddy, you cant fight against windmills, believe me :)
    Game developers give rules of multis. With multis you can spy, alliance member can pillage your multi, with multis you can control miracle, and everything which killing this beautifull game. Moderators said that is rules, antigamers said that also, we said that is no game, and we are all live together haha.. Hope that game moderators will do job about that in next server is equal with mission impossible, and you can only do which mostly of us do: Ignore that players in game.
    Sent spy in one multi and spy fleet movement, you will see that they not worth your time for play..

In the end that players, if will first time lose combat, they go in Vac or stop playing.

In war server new bulgarians players play without multis, RoW also turn off all multis, almost all is fine, we have ikariam again..
    Hope that all will come in new server and ignore players with multis like on war server.
    Ignore, ignore :)
    Spirit of Ikariam was always island with 17 souls, not accounts, we must fight for that. Dont build multis there buddy please..ignore thems..
    World is big enough for every kinds of play.
  • This is completely legal and happens on all servers. This is the exact reason why I will always include "No sabotage of miracles" in my declarations of war. I'm interested in a war, not a game of who can manage their 10 multies the best.

And for Eijipe. There is no need to upgrade the TH. Temples are calculated solely on a percentage basis. So even though your TH is level 1, you'll still be dropping fate. Obviously you'll drop it a little more with more population, but that only comes down to the difference between 1 priest, and the amount of population you have. This can also be solved by hiring spearmen for instance.
  • zophas wrote:

No, I do not think it is part of the strategy of the game. The person doing this is using a multi account to gain a benefit for his main account. That is illegal but cannot be easily proven or detected.
    You are wrong! please do not give an explanation that will confuse other player here.
  • Abeged wrote:

And for Eijipe. There is no need to upgrade the TH. Temples are calculated solely on a percentage basis. So even though your TH is level 1, you'll still be dropping fate. Obviously you'll drop it a little more with more population, but that only comes down to the difference between 1 priest, and the amount of population you have. This can also be solved by hiring spearmen for instance.
    I am a bit confused by your explanation. How can spearmen change anything to the nerfing effect. It is not the population you actually have, but the max you theoritically could harbour in your town, which is determined by the TH level. The higher the TH level, the more leverage you exert on the overall island faith, even if your town is almost empty. Now, 4 or 5 multies dropping each 1 or 2 mobiles on a sparsely populated island, easily raising their TH to lvl 2, 3 or even 4 will start to nerf a miracle badly enough that it becomes difficult and costly to compensate (a basic TH level 4 holds up to 200 citizens, which need 40 priests to all convert). Not a very fair strategy, but not one breaking the present rules.
    Spearmen only become useful if you intend to raise the faith of a miracle from a mobile, in which case you can disband them to get a population boost and put the new citizen at work in a temple.
    btw, to the OP: no need to even put a single priest in a temple to nerf the miracle. You just need the temple, and the emptier it is, the stronger the nerfing.
  • zophas wrote:

No, I do not think it is part of the strategy of the game. The person doing this is using a multi account to gain a benefit for his main account. That is illegal but cannot be easily proven or detected.
    You're mistaken every unfair advantage is easy to get rid of.

The multi task is primarily to strengthen the island so that everyone can benefit.,so every normal player works.
    Life is an eternal struggle.
    Who does,he can.Who knows no fear,goes forward.
    V.Z.Misic
  • For Unwise:
    I wasn't aware it stacked off of max population rather than current. Since it doesn't say so ingame however I'll continue to not know.
    Anyways thanks for enlightening me, that is a very possible scenario.

As for the rest of you guys. As Ratna pointed out, this is a help & suggestions thread. The philosophical argument of whether or not this should be (but isn't) against the rules should probably be taken in a discussion thread.
  • Abeged wrote:

For Unwise:
    I wasn't aware it stacked off of max population rather than current. Since it doesn't say so ingame however I'll continue to not know.
    Anyways thanks for enlightening me, that is a very possible scenario.
    Glad I taught you something, I learned a lot from your posts myself.
    It is relatively easy to verify if you have doubts. Plant a mobile on an island, build a temple, set 10 citizens as priest and check your island % contribution. After that, either raise a TH level or disband a bunch of spearmen (do not convert them to priest) and check again the island % contribution. You will see that in the first case your island % contribution to faith has decreased, despite no more citizens in town (likely even 1 or 2 less, lost because of corruption while you were building the TH). In the second case, nothing will have changed. Another way I noticed was that after researching an EcoFut, I needed more priests in a mobile to raise my own faith to level V (not talking about siphooning from others), which also means you need higher levels temples and to raise pop. to get enough priests.

Back to the question, as has been indirectly answered by kirby, the only solutions I can imagine is either have temples high enough that you can compensate the nerf (costly), or play the same game and defend your island by occupying the empty slots with your own multies (only possible if the spots are not yet occupied). The latter is a rather sad development, but unfortunately one of the most efficient.
  • Abeged wrote:

unwise already answered you but the calculation is the max population, and also there is a percentage in your town hall(i think the highest TH also has the highest percentage on the island's miracle faith, that's why i hate those players who upgrades their th so high but only has a level 1 temple), and so if the multi account only has a level 1 th, and you have a level 20 th, the multi really can't affect the island's faith. :)
    I DON'T trust words,
    I TRUST ACTIONS.

Kaikias - Alliance SYN
    Hephaistos
  • Ratna wrote:

zophas wrote:

Thank you.
    You are not breaking the Game Rules, as long as all accounts (your main account and your multi) are connected using IP Share. What you do (as you explained above) is part of the strategy of this ikariam game.
    Part of the Stragegy of this ikariam game?

What a load of BS. It is not a strategy. Its ruining the game. I see it all the time and it is one of the reasons the game is dying. Ill be honest bet the reason you guys claim its legal is so you dont have to do the work to uncover who is doing it.

The servers should have a 1 player 1 account rule. Fair is fair.
    JaY
    Diplomat
    Founder
    North Sea Empire.
  • JaY wrote:

And what if there again is server merge, delete other accounts, only because its allowed to play only with one? How that would be fair?
    If you are playing only with one account while your enemy is using all 10 multy accounts than its your and only your decision to do that.

JaY wrote:

Ill be honest bet the reason you guys claim its legal is so you dont have to do the work to uncover who is doing it.
    What there need to be uncovered? If they see who is doing that, then what, punish that player because he is doing something, that developers allow players to do?
    Game is allowing you to play with multiple accounts, and if you don't want to use them against your enemy, then use them to your own advantage. Like previously said, use them to cover your own island empty spaces and even to boost your miracle, that your main account don't need to use so much priests and you can save some extra gold from priests for combats.

The scariest monsters are the ones, that lurk within our souls.
  • JaY wrote:

Ratna wrote:

zophas wrote:

Thank you.
    Part of the Stragegy of this ikariam game?
    What a load of BS. It is not a strategy. Its ruining the game. I see it all the time and it is one of the reasons the game is dying. Ill be honest bet the reason you guys claim its legal is so you dont have to do the work to uncover who is doing it.

it is not fair but it is legal, everything that is stated on the ikariam rules is all allowed, and that includes declared multi accounts and how you take advantage on them,
    and i think you are the one who is BS against multi accounts, there are many disadvantages in creating multi accounts but you are only seeing the advantages because you are against in this rule.
    and there is really no way to stop multi accounts, you can just use different phones with different internet provider, then you can use multi without worrying on getting banned, so it's better to have the IP sharing. :D
    even a long time ago there is already multi accounts for spying in both hideouts and alliances and more.

and lastly, it also takes a lot of effort and time developing multi accounts just to take advantage of the rule so just accept it. :D
    I DON'T trust words,
    I TRUST ACTIONS.

Kaikias - Alliance SYN
    Hephaistos