Game strategy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Game strategy

Hello Ikarians!

Well, now I get a news that wants to open a new server in the Portuguese community of Ikariam, so that I was enthusiastic about the idea of returning to vice.
    What's new is that one day you go and you do not ask for help, you do not have to worry about news that is not so successful, but an opportunity to get to know the constructions to build better.

I await your answers :)

Metalion
  • I spent a bit of my time to read some posts created in the forum regarding the new server and thought to create this post precisely to be able to discuss opinions on forms of game and strategies, each one!
    That way I will present my attempt to play strategy and I hope for your opinions;)

In all cities:
    - Town hall
    - Palace / Residence
    - Academy
    - Port Mercantile
    - Warehouse
    - Deposit
    - Taverns
    - Wine cellars
    - Museum
    - Workshop (crystal city and destroyed after upar all soldiers)

Offensive
    - Manufacture of pyrotechnics (city of sulfur to produce troops at lower costs)
    - Quarter
    - Shipyard

Defensive
    - Wall
    - Spying

Production
    - Mason / Vicultor / Glass Manufactory / Alchemist Tower
    - Forest Guard
    (in my opinion it is more advantageous to increase production because we can contribute to the mines and forests)

Then in empty spaces put black market or common market
    Just like temples, the monument is always Forge building temples

Metalion
  • I love your enthusiasm and recommend the following reading materials:

Beginner's Guide: ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Guides

Expert Guide : ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Expert%27s_Guide

Defense : ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Town_Defense

As Ikariam is at it's heart a battle game, you should also consider the following to influence your town building

Land Battle: ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Land_battle

Sea Battle: ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Sea_battle

As everyone plays differently, there is a million different strategies and ways to play Ikariam. None of them are wrong. Find your strengths and use those tactics that play to those strengths. I would also consider the use of some other Miracles such as Poseidon. Remember that one of the best weapons a player in Ikariam has is speed.

I look forward to seeing your own strategy.
    PROCAFFEINATING
    (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
  • Metalion wrote:

Thanks for your help, i hope more people will comment and discuss game strategy

You may find many different strategy from one player to another with each own reason and one will say his is better than hers or the other way around.

Tips from me, make sure when you build another town, try your best to make the corruption period shorter, meaning build your Governor's Residence quickly to not drain your gold. Enjoy playing ;)